• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_aQMUlI5qImM/S_hUCEgVN9I/AAAAAAAADa4/tbQVZpBAZXM/s1600/Halo-Fall-of-Reach.jpg[/IMG

Laughing so hard right now at how badass they look.

ITT, people think 390 lbs Spartan's shouldn't look like they're fucking huge.

Always bugged me how thin Chief looked in the Mark VI.[/QUOTE]

That art style is much better than the HW art. It's not the armor I have a problem with, the HW art reminds me of PSX era CG stuff though.

ZalinKrow

How about doing a podcast while everyone is actually playing it? That would be interesting.

Woops, super late response. I was playing Borderlands for the last age so I only just saw this now, but that's genius :) I'm not sure what their setup is though, so it might be awkward for them. It'd definitely be cool though.

You guys should try and get bsangel to record a dramatic reading of one of the next bulletins for the podcast ;)

I hope so but Reach pre-order bonuses weren't.
Only the Gamestop Pre-order armor was not available lately.

ITT, people think 390 lbs Spartan's shouldn't look like they're fucking huge.

Always bugged me how thin Chief looked in the Mark VI.
No. Chief looks huge compared to a UNSC Marine in Halo 3. But you are fighting against Brutes, and along Elites who are larger than the Chief. I always thought the Grunts were small. But damn I am only 20cm larger than them.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Lets unfortunately talk about something that makes me a sad

I always wear "chief" armor during MP

Specifically Mk V will always be my first choice

but then I saw this tweet awhile back...

nooooooo.jpg

This is unforgivable.

Not to blow it out of proportion, but the proportions could not be any larger.
This is such a huge negative for me, I really truly hope he was either misinformed or it wasnt finalized.

Do yall like using the Mk series helmets or do you more often stray and go with another series?
I'll believe it when I see it. I almost refuse to believe they won't include at least Mk V or VI. People will be too upset.

I certainly won't be though

blamite

Even if there's no Mk. VI armor, I'm sure there will at least be a Mk. VII version that looks pretty similar. Now, if my precious Mk. V is gone, I have no idea what I'm gonna do...

Woorloog

Banned
I'll believe it when I see it. I almost refuse to believe they won't include at least Mk V or VI. People will be too upset.

I certainly won't be though

"Prestige" armor for those who finish the MP progression 10 times. Or something like that.
Alternatively, legacy armor, available only to those who've played Halo 2, 3 or Reach online.

Wouldn't be surprised if either of these were the case.

Even if there's no Mk. VI armor, I'm sure there will at least be a Mk. VII version that looks pretty similar. Now, if my precious Mk. V is gone, I have no idea what I'm gonna do...

That would be the "Warrior" armor, i guess, the base MJOLNIR GEN 2 armor we've seen so far. http://www.halopedia.org/File:H4-MJOLNIR-GEN2.png

No Chief armor? Mark VI is my favorite set of armor. This is terrible news if true.
I don't want to believe that tweet is legitimate until it's confirmed for the final build. Maybe he meant in the current build that was shown in the Unsc Weapons Trailer or only the Helmet will be available as unlockable content for MP/SpOps like Reach had but a different variant?

heckfu

Banned
First halo-themed conversation we've had in a while and I have zero things to add either way.

I think I'm actually on the Juices wagon that I don't care about helmets as long as we get solid gameplay.

No. Chief looks huge compared to a UNSC Marine in Halo 3. But you are fighting against Brutes, and along Elites who are larger than the Chief. I always thought the Grunts were small. But damn I am only 20cm larger than them.
He looks appropriately tall, but he never looks thick, which is what I expect someone who's 390 lbs and in a suit of armor to look like. Unless Master Chief is one of the really lean 390 lbs Spartan IIs.

Woorloog

Banned
He looks appropriately tall, but he never looks thick, which is what I expect someone who's 390 lbs and in a suit of armor to look like. Unless Master Chief is one of the really lean 390 lbs Spartan IIs.

Look again at Halo 3 Chief, especially in the intro. He is rather wide and tall compared to the marines.
Oddly, he doesn't seem that large in the other cutscenes...

You know, I could never stand how skinny the arbiter in halo 3 was compared to the one in wars.

Overdoziz

Banned
First halo-themed conversation we've had in a while and I have zero things to add either way.

I think I'm actually on the Juices wagon that I don't care about helmets as long as we get solid gameplay.
I don't particularly care much about it not being available (although I like the simpler design better than the mess that 343 has shown so far) but the reason why it's not included is silly. Who gives a shit about canon in multiplayer, honestly. I still don't get why they bothered trying to make it canon in the first place. Seems like a waste of effort.

FyreWulff

Honestly ill buy any DLC 343 make, Its supporting a developer i like and im sure the content will be good.

Hopefully it's supported better than they did Noble and Defiant. As of Tuesday, Reach will no longer have a DLC required playlist of note. Only Anniversary Classic (which is only Anni) and Anniversary Firefight, and that last one is a one-map playlist..

In the scope of Reach, Bungie supported 343's DLC better than 343 did, with two separate Defiant-only playlists, so you actually had a playlist for each map pack to get your money's worth. 343 took over and it was basically "you bought noble or defiant? too bad, buy anniversary if you want to use those"

I can't even remember the last time I played Highlands in matchmaking, and that was with me going into Squad DLC. It gets voted away for Tempest or an Anniversary map.

I'd be less annoyed by the (alleged) lack of Mark V/VI if I seen just ONE Spartan helmet that looked cool and wasn't a pre-order exclusive. Just one.

I've been rocking that shit since Halo 2, man...They finally bring the ninja icon back but take away my helmet

:(

Vire

I don't particularly care much about it not being available (although I like the simpler design better than the mess that 343 has shown so far) but the reason why it's not included is silly. Who gives a shit about canon in multiplayer, honestly. I still don't get why they bothered trying to make it canon in the first place. Seems like a waste of effort.

Effort? Doesn't seem like much thought or effort went into it to be honest...

"Training Simulation guyz"

I actually brought this up the other day hoping Frank could expound on it a bit better, (how they respawn, is it all holographs etc). But it seems like that's all there is to it.

Woorloog

Banned
I'd be less annoyed by the (alleged) lack of Mark V/VI if I seen just ONE Spartan helmet that looked cool and wasn't a pre-order exclusive. Just one.

I've been rocking that shit since Halo 2, man...They finally bring the ninja icon back but take away my helmet

There ain't a single pre-order exclusive helmet so far, just skins. Even Deadeye helmet isn't pre-order bonus, i think, just the skin.
That said, i wonder why there would be piece-specific skins...
Where's that pre-order "card" for Deadeye...

EDIT it is a skin. http://www.halopedia.org/images/d/d8/Deadeye_Helmet.jpg

I thought he looked very thick in Halo 3 but not in Halo 2. At least he looks great in Halo 4.

I am not sure what you are saying with that part but none of the armor parts are pre-order exclusive. Only the skins are.

Does no one consider that you could may unlock the helmet through a specific action during the game or through Halo Waypoint? Like have all Anniversary achievements gain you the Mark V. armor, have all Halo 3 achievements and you get the Mark VI. armor etc.

Blueblur1

I don't want to believe that tweet is legitimate until it's confirmed for the final build. Maybe he meant in the current build that was shown in the Unsc Weapons Trailer or only the Helmet will be available as unlockable content for MP/SpOps like Reach had but a different variant?
The tweet is from June so it could end up being in the game. Who knows.

nillapuddin

Can we have a bit more clarification on the weapon and armor skins?

zebra skin!

in all seriousness though, I will be interested in how many, how varied, and how accessible the skins are.

Could be a fun chase to get them, hoping some are tied to campaign achievements, or career challenges or something fun to strive for.

Not just playing a crap load of mp

Does no one consider that you could may unlock the helmet through a specific action during the game or through Halo Waypoint? Like have all Anniversary achievements gain you the Mark V. armor, have all Halo 3 achievements and you get the Mark VI. armor etc.
I do, but this feature was overlooked by many and your idea can be potentially true.
---
Edit: I "believe" the new Infinity websites could apply to this feature of unlockable content apart from SP, MP, SpOps stats and filesharing.
The tweet is from June so it could end up being in the game. Who knows.
Hmm Interesting, thanks Blueblur.

Hopefully it's supported better than they did Noble and Defiant. As of Tuesday, Reach will no longer have a DLC required playlist of note. Only Anniversary Classic (which is only Anni) and Anniversary Firefight, and that last one is a one-map playlist..

In the scope of Reach, Bungie supported 343's DLC better than 343 did, with two separate Defiant-only playlists, so you actually had a playlist for each map pack to get your money's worth. 343 took over and it was basically "you bought noble or defiant? too bad, buy anniversary if you want to use those"

I can't even remember the last time I played Highlands in matchmaking, and that was with me going into Squad DLC. It gets voted away for Tempest or an Anniversary map.

As of now, for the first time with Halo DLC, I will be waiting to see if 343 has a system that actually works in implementing DLC into MM before purchasing.
Yup, Team Slayer.

image.axd

Curious to see how the Standard and Evolved division affects populations of lists in both categories.

Ahhhh thanks. Always thought it had something to do with pre order amounts.

Wu-Tang 4th Chamber - Epic name man ;]

If that turns out to be true about the Mk. VI helmet/armor though, hopefully that doesn't eliminate the possibilities of the Mk. V being in the game! MC's armor not appearing in multiplayer makes no canonical sense to me seeing as how it's not like they couldn't make Mk. VII armor to look like MC's armor... I mean it's not like the Spartan IV's have to use MC's ACTUAL armor so that reasoning doesn't really cut it..

I think they need more of this.

Any tips on getting out of the room with the second generator in The Two Betrayals on legendary? It's the one with the flood swarming in.

I have 2 bars of health and they simply overwhelm me.

Dang it, kittens and Aggro, as soon as I log into Reach you guys stop playing. I see how it is.

Edit: I'll join you some other time, HiredN00bs, decided to play something else for a while. Thanks for the invite though.

FyreWulff

As of now, for the first time with Halo DLC, I will be waiting to see if 343 has a system that actually works in implementing DLC into MM before purchasing.

Curious to see how the Standard and Evolved division affects populations of lists in both categories.

Most of the population is still just going to press A twice to get into Team Slayer.

image.axd

I also just noticed that they sent Arena to the bottom of the TU lists :lol

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Anniversary Classic as it'll no longer be the top playlist.

Why is Invasion not TU?

Would it not benefit just as much as the other playlists?

elites can spawn with needle rifles, in TU the needle rifle becomes an absolute beast. (zero bloom it might as well be a power weapon) at least that's the best thing i can think of.

The TU would break Invasion. They've also hinted previously that they can't fit the TU stuff into the Invasion script anyway. Invasion was already at about the limit of Megalo from the start.

is there anywhere to read about Megalo? never really heard of it until i got on Gaf

FyreWulff

Why is Invasion not TU?

Would it not benefit just as much as the other playlists?

The TU would break Invasion. They've also hinted previously that they can't fit the TU stuff into the Invasion script anyway. Invasion was already at about the limit of Megalo from the start.

edit: Also, to put it another way.. Invasion is Reach's gametype. It wouldn't make much sense to try to make a Reach-native gametype play like previous Halo games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom