• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that Durango devkit making the rounds has a 50GB Bluray drive in it.
50GB Bluray drive? that doesn't even make sense. Disc drives don't have storage. 50GB SSD would make more sense, and a Bluray drive

also no Mark V is a terrible decision, if true.

edit: also saw Bourne Legacy, not very good.

Making gameplay decisions based on canon is already a horrible idea for campaign. Multiplayer is just off limits.

But it's not influencing gameplay in the slightest.

Having said that, this is a weird situation. I think it'll be a really late unlock but that's just my guess.

B wzy

Neo Member
nooooooo.jpg

Um, I don't understand what everyone is talking about. He is simply saying we can't play in Chief's Halo 4 armor. That isn't the same as saying there is no Mark 5 or Mk 6 versions, right? Isn't Chiefs armor somewhat modified from after Halo 3?

nooooooo.jpg

Um, I don't understand what everyone is talking about. He is simply saying we can't play in Chief's Halo 4 armor. That isn't the same as saying there is no Mark 5 or Mk 6, right? Isn't Chiefs armor somewhat modified from after Halo 3?

It's implied. We won't see Chief's armor because it's for Spartan IIIs, which would also be the reason we wouldn't see Mk. 5 or 6.

a zoojoo

Banned
But it's not influencing gameplay in the slightest.

Having said that, this is a weird situation. I think it'll be a really late unlock but that's just my guess.

They could put it in later as DLC, though. Hell, that's what they tried to do with Reach and the GRD helemet, but God knows what happened with that.

nillapuddin

If only they used the arena system on multiple playlists.

feel real dumb.

never thought of that, woulda been cool

just for a month or so to test it out, probably could have yielded alot of valuable intel for Halo 4

oblivious to the technical complications it may or may not have taken

Kibbles

nooooooo.jpg

Um, I don't understand what everyone is talking about. He is simply saying we can't play in Chief's Halo 4 armor. That isn't the same as saying there is no Mark 5 or Mk 6 versions, right? Isn't Chiefs armor somewhat modified from after Halo 3?

Sucks because the default variant looks like shit, and I want to get my Chief on. I guess all the more reason to terminate scrubs in MLG. ;p

So wait let me get this straight. No Mark 5 or 6 in MP? This may sound crazy but if not then I won't even touch the multiplayer. Guess it will go back to a rental if that's the case too.
lol

One of the crazier statements in this thread, and that's saying something.
If only they brought back Doubles Arena. Would have been fun to have another ranked playlist, especially doubles.
No reason to make playlists ranked now, all it does is fragment and reduce the population of that playlist.
Doubt it. Everyone would start wondering why the game was behaving erratically.
I honestly think that most people in that playlist would not notice that anything is different.
Initially I thought a split TU was a neat idea, everyone gets what they want.

The execution didn't pan out though, and now I'm like yeah, a Title Update should apply to the whole game. You don't see people playing Title Update and Non Title Update TF2 on PC, or vanilla Brood War and latest-patch Brood War on Battle.net.

Here's to hoping any Halo 4 TUs are global.
Yep, for better or worse, a TU needs to be global. A split is a MM nightmare, and Halo in particular is hard enough to manage MM to begin with.
He means it is capable of reading 50GB (a.k.a. dual-layer) Blu-ray discs.

The thing to really take away is that it's rumored to be using Blu-ray and not some other proprietary format or going without an optical drive altogether.
That would be awesome, but sadly I don't see it happening because it would be a massive lobbying issue with retail backlash against MS for cutting out games being physically sold in stores.

I'm still hoping for a very large HDD option at launch and all games coming out as digital download the same day they do in the stores. I'd never purchase a physical game disc again.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Sucks because the default variant looks like shit, and I want to get my Chief on. I guess all the more reason to terminate scrubs in MLG. ;p

Do you know what the default variant looks like?

We have a ton of armor options (both new and familiar) in Halo 4. We'll be going into more detail on some of those, sooner than you think, while others we're likely to hold back until launch.

a zoojoo

Banned

We have a ton of armor options (both new and familiar) in Halo 4. We'll be going into more detail on some of those, sooner than you think, while others we're likely to hold back until launch.

So are you saying the Warrior Variant is not the default helmet?

Overdoziz

Banned
As much as I liked trying to carry my avatar between games, I'm ready for something new.
I hope they have some more simple, sleeker armor in Halo 4. So far everything we've seen is busy and overdesigned, not my taste at all. And then there's the armor piece which looks like it has a bunch of tumors.

So no Chief armor then.

Vire

So this isn't the default?

10IyN.png

Also, cool stuff that there's some reveals soon to come.

Did you guys ever end up getting an Infection game last night?

no =(

Interesting that what I assumed is default may actually not be the case.. I am more than bummed if MCs armor doesn't make an appearance, especially if its for canonical reasons, but I can't wait to see more from the armor that's for sure.

Ok above posts confirms that is not the default armor.. Interesting, but Im pretty happy about that.. The helmet always looked too ninja like to not be default.. Can't wait to see what is!

Blissful

Neo Member
Yo Ellis, what can we expect about the Matchmaking Competitive Ranking System?
The armour should be the least of our worries =\

50GB is alto of space its near 6 times what Halo 4 currently has, Now bigger textures are going to take up some room and so will higher poly models but i figure its still going to leave alot of room to work with.

I hope that blu-ray drive has faster read times so all those textures and polygons can actually be used.

blamite

I'm gonna throw out a wild guess that there is no set default armor, and when you start the game you'll get to make a choice between a few of the helmets and other armor pieces we've seen so far. (probably totally wrong, though)

I hope some armors etc will be unlocked for loyal fans like the CQB helmet in Reach.

Ken

I hope Spartan Ops pays enough credits to move up ranks high enough without ever touching the online MP.

I want armor but I don't know how much online MP I can take with my internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom