• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
elites can spawn with needle rifles, in TU the needle rifle becomes an absolute beast. (zero bloom it might as well be a power weapon) at least that's the best thing i can think of.
It just upsets the entire sandbox overall, but especially when you're dealing with automatic weapons only on spawn and Elite player models.

Basically the TU makes Reach a worse game. So happy they made it Megalo hooks instead of forced game setting changes, and that they (barely) kept their promise to keep default Reach in matchmaking.

Most of the population is still just going to press A twice to get into Team Slayer.

image.axd

I also just noticed that they sent Arena to the bottom of the TU lists :lol

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Anniversary Classic as it'll no longer be the top playlist.

How Team Slayer, Super Slayer, and Arena all made the playlist cut when they are all almost the exact same playlist is baffling to me.
Isn't all that stuff not TU? SWAT Snipes TS Living Dead Invasion?

Yes, all the stuff in standard starting on Tuesday is Vanilla.

nillapuddin

The TU would break Invasion. They've also hinted previously that they can't fit the TU stuff into the Invasion script anyway. Invasion was already at about the limit of Megalo from the start.

edit: Also, to put it another way.. Invasion is Reach's gametype. It wouldn't make much sense to try to make a Reach-native gametype play like previous Halo games.

gotcha

everyone else who chimed in said:

good points, thanks

How would SWAT not benefit from TU, reduced bloom alone seems like it would be a winner?

FyreWulff

How would SWAT not benefit from TU, reduced bloom alone seems like it would be a winner?

It was actually mentioned a long time ago that SWAT might have gotten Zero Bloom as an optional variant. They ended up pretty much never touching SWAT after the takeover though. Dat Halo 4 imminence.

Also, has someone gotten Wolfkill's account approved yet? I need someone to post on HaloGAF that makes me feel like I have a relatively normal last name :lol

Striker

How Team Slayer, Super Slayer, and Arena all made the playlist cut when they are all almost the exact same playlist is baffling to me.
They should have dumped TS, renamed Super to Team, and kept Arena. Arena is the only Bungie based 4v4 slayer that lacks Camo, Jetpack, and Armor Lock.

that blows, SWAT was my favorite playlist in 3 and one of em in 2, I really dislike playing it in Reach

Slantyface
You liked playing Elite SWAT with its fucked hitboxes?

nillapuddin

It was actually mentioned a long time ago that SWAT might have gotten Zero Bloom as an optional variant. They ended up pretty much never touching SWAT after the takeover though. Dat Halo 4 imminence.

that blows, SWAT was my favorite playlist in 3 and one of em in 2, I really dislike playing it in Reach

Slantyface

I thought that was the only in-store pre-order bonus anyways.
If you had pre-ordered Halo: Reach in Europe, you have got the Recon helmet earlier. It was a Day 1 bonus in the USA.

So tonight and tomorrow are the last nights for achievement boosting?
Really? Did you guys plan something? I need the last two achievements in Reach and the whole Halo 2 Vista MP achievements.

They should have dumped TS, renamed Super to Team, and kept Arena. Arena is the only Bungie based 4v4 slayer that lacks Camo, Jetpack, and Armor Lock.
That would be a dream. Never going to happen. In a perfect world 343i had dumped complete Vanilla Halo Reach with the launch of the Title update.

Would you call any of that default Reach?

Ya? Why not its default Reach, without the TU stuff. A lot of its weapon specific or limited. I dont see that as a reason not to credit it as Vanilla though.

I just didnt get I thought someone said there was only one vanilla playlist left, thats not right at all theres still a few.

Why would they ever remove Reach the way it was intended? A lot of people prefer to play the game the way the designers balanced it. Even if I dont like it and alot of others dont.

ElRenoRaven

So wait let me get this straight. No Mark 5 or 6 in MP? This may sound crazy but if not then I won't even touch the multiplayer. Guess it will go back to a rental if that's the case too.

Vire

So wait let me get this straight. No Mark 5 or 6 in MP? This may sound crazy but if not then I won't even touch the multiplayer. Guess it will go back to a rental if that's the case too.

Considering you don't even seen your own Spartan... Yeah just a little crazy.

Still a shame if isn't in the game.

FyreWulff

Ya? Why not its default Reach, without the TU stuff. A lot of its weapon specific or limited. I dont see that as a reason not to credit it as Vanilla though.

I just didnt get I thought someone said there was only one vanilla playlist left, thats not right at all theres still a few.

Why would they ever remove Reach the way it was intended? A lot of people prefer to play the game the way the designers balanced it. Even if I dont like it and alot of others dont.

I don't know about anyone else but I've always consistently not considered SWAT, Snipes, or Infection to be Vanilla Reach. They're specialized gametypes, and in certain cases stuff like the TU really wouldn't change a gametype like Snipes at all (it'd still be one headshot or two bodyshots to kill).

Basically if you want to play straight Halo and not a fringe gametype (Infection, Hot Potato, etc), Team Slayer is your only option now. Previously it was Team Slayer and Squad DLC. If you really want to push it, Action Sack was Vanilla Reach but had a bunch of silly gametypes next to the vanilla Objective, and that's gone as of Tuesday as well.

So wait let me get this straight. No Mark 5 or 6 in MP? This may sound crazy but if not then I won't even touch the multiplayer.
...Well aren't we picky? If a few little content aren't part of the MP, it becomes a protest?
I guess I sort of understand with a gametype, playlist, tweaks and features, but that sounds abit extreme imo. Not in any way of disrespect, it's just I've seen this type of reaction towards the replacement of Firefight for Spartan Ops.

Recarpo

Do a lot of people change the look of their character that much? I guess I'm the type that set my reach character the first week or two and haven't changed it since so having an aesthetic piece missing doesn't bother me much.

Do a lot of people change the look of their character that much? I guess I'm the type that set my reach character the first week or two and haven't changed it since so having an aesthetic piece missing doesn't bother me much.

I've kept my armor pieces the same since almost the beginning, but I change color every so often.

Also, I use the Mark VI helmet and am sad to see it not useable in multiplayer.

nillapuddin

I dont pretend to know all the logistics behind why there wasnt a full TU conversion, but at this point in the Reach life cycle, I cant imagine the opposition is overwhelming.

I understand Invasion, but it really does seem strange, if consolidation is the name of the game, they could have hacked off 1 of the 5 main categories, kill Team Slayer, Thrown Invasion, SWAT, Snipes, Zombies into the Default
"Evolved"
category

Wouldnt that of just been easier?

The "TU Team Fuckaround" is just dumb at this point, I cant imagine the average or below-average player cares

GhaleonEB

I just picked every armor component that had bullets or ammo on it, and rolled with that. I look like a walking ammo rack. It's at the nexus between awesome and hilarious.

Hoping to do the same in Halo 4.

Dug

Banned
I put on all ODST once I could buy it and haven't changed since. Once I got Recon in 3 (was using the ODST helmet before) I never changed back. So no, you're not the only one.

The armor has always been a big deal to me (not "bigger" than the gameplay, mind you, but a big deal for my personal game experience), in large part because the fictional underpinning of the series is the most important aspect of the franchise, again, to me.

Having lots of armor variations, especially when they make fictional sense, helps to further build the feeling of immersion in the game experience. Personally, I have no problem with the reasons behind not including Mk V or VI, due to the fictional setting. Of course, I do certainly feel for anyone that used those most often. I personally enjoyed using something different than the Chief, because I liked how it made it feel like it set MC even further apart and unique. In a similar way, I never used Mk V(b) for my canon Noble Six, because in my mind, that was for Thom, the original Six. If everyone else looked unique, it seems silly that New Six would just slip into the old V(b) looking the exact same as his predecessor.

Overall, I've really liked a lot of the new armors we've seen so far, especially LOCUS, GUNGNIR, and Orbital. From what I've heard, there will be more sets available in 4 than there were in Reach, which is awesome.

I dont pretend to know all the logistics behind why there wasnt a full TU conversion, but at this point in the Reach life cycle, I cant imagine the opposition is overwhelming.
Really? I would think the people still around like default Reach. The results of the vote were not posted because TU got defeated, I would imagine.

Really? I would think the people still around like default Reach. The results of the vote were not posted because TU got defeated, I would imagine.
No. I think the majority does not know that they both are playing differently. Just let Team Slayer be Super Slayer. The majority will still play it. They won't notice even a small thing.

lilty

Screw TU, make everything zero bloom. Bloom sucks in any amount (Hey Halo 4), just get rid of it already.

Way too late in the game to do that. How many updates can we even expect leading up to H4? Totally agree though, only playlists I play now are MLG and Anniversary.

FyreWulff

Initially I thought a split TU was a neat idea, everyone gets what they want.

The execution didn't pan out though, and now I'm like yeah, a Title Update should apply to the whole game. You don't see people playing Title Update and Non Title Update TF2 on PC, or vanilla Brood War and latest-patch Brood War on Battle.net.

Here's to hoping any Halo 4 TUs are global.

Way too late in the game to do that. How many updates can we even expect leading up to H4? Totally agree though, only playlists I play now are MLG and Anniversary.

Approximately between none and zero. This is Reach's last MM update.

If they update Reach after Halo 4 comes out, it will be the first Halo title in history to get a matchmaking update after the next Halo game came out.

The armor has always been a big deal to me (not "bigger" than the gameplay, mind you, but a big deal for my personal game experience), in large part because the fictional underpinning of the series is the most important aspect of the franchise, again, to me.

Having lots of armor variations, especially when they make fictional sense, helps to further build the feeling of immersion in the game experience. Personally, I have no problem with the reasons behind not including Mk V or VI, due to the fictional setting. Of course, I do certainly feel for anyone that used those most often. I personally enjoyed using something different than the Chief, because I liked how it made it feel like it set MC even further apart and unique. In a similar way, I never used Mk V(b) for my canon Noble Six, because in my mind, that was for Thom, the original Six. If everyone else looked unique, it seems silly that New Six would just slip into the old V(b) looking the exact same as his predecessor.

Overall, I've really liked a lot of the new armors we've seen so far, especially LOCUS, GUNGNIR, and Orbital. From what I've heard, there will be more sets available in 4 than there were in Reach, which is awesome.

Well said man and 100% agree, only thing though is I don't see that as a legitimate reason to exclude MC's iconic armor because who's to say the UNSC couldn't just make Mk. VII armor to look like MC's armor? Just seems like a cop out to keep MC's armor exclusive to the Campaign..

Think of it like cars. Some newer models of cars look like older classic models, but perform like brand new models under the hood. Why can't the same be said about MJOLNIR armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom