• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
There are no DLC required playlists in Reach anymore, minus the two left for the Anniversary disc.

35$ of DLC and not even a single dedicated playlist for those that spent money on all of it.
Ridiculous.

Seriously, worst implementation of DLC in a multiplayer game I've seen.

There's literally 1 competitve playlist where I can play Halo: Reach DLC with ease, and it's only 1 of the 3 map packs.

FyreWulff

So basically 343 is dammed if they do, dammed if they don't in regards to Reach playlists?

I understand they had to make cuts, but when you consolidate a game's playlists and leave in redundant Slayer playlists, and then cut the only DLC-required playlist that also had a unique offering of gametypes, I'm starting to wonder what exactly drove that thought process.

Nobody can defend Super Slayer surviving the consolidation. It's just not possible. At minimum, it should have been swapped for a return of Squad Slayer, because Squad Slayer actually offers something different than 4v4 Slayer.

If someone were to ask me what DLC to get if they're just starting Reach? I'd tell them to buy Anniversary only, because Noble and Defiant are a waste of money, and have been for a long time. Maps are good, the ability to play them is not.

TCKaos

There are no DLC required playlists in Reach anymore, minus the two left for the Anniversary disc. And one of those only has one map.

35$ of DLC and not even a single dedicated playlist for those that spent money on all of it.

>Legendary Edition
>Reach Controller
>Reach Wireless Headset
>Limited Edition Guide (with concept art)
>Noble DLC
>Defiant DLC
>Anniversary DLC
>$365

Yeah. I feel more than a little cheated, considering the wireless headset doesn't hold a charge, the controller has slow turn on the left stick, most of the concept art in the guide was reprinted in the less expensive but higher quality art book, and now I can't play any of my DLC.

There's also no excuse for Super Slayer not replacing Team Slayer in functionality. Just rename it "Team Slayer" and move the Evolved playlists to the top. Nothing would change. No one that plays primarily Team Slayer is going to recognize any difference save for the fact that they can't take a tank shell with Armor Lock anymore. If they cared about bloom they would have moved to Super Slayer.

nillapuddin

There are no DLC required playlists in Reach anymore, minus the two left for the Anniversary disc. And one of those only has one map.

holy shit.
i dont like to exaggerate, and I am confident I am not when I say, that is stupid

Im not so certain I will play Reach consistently anymore this year, I might just get on xbox to talk, and play pc games or something.

Way to keep your players interested, take everything the long term players want out of the game

/feelsbad

I am going to get Darksiders 2. It looks fantastic, the gameplay sounds to be nice and I liked Darksiders 1.

my buddy and I took turns playin DS1 and it was awesome, your right DS2 looks to be just as great

GhaleonEB

I understand they had to make cuts, but when you consolidate a game's playlists and leave in redundant Slayer playlists, and then cut the only DLC-required playlist that also had a unique offering of gametypes, I'm starting to wonder what exactly drove that thought process.

Nobody can defend Super Slayer surviving the consolidation. It's just not possible. At minimum, it should have been swapped for a return of Squad Slayer, because Squad Slayer actually offers something different than 4v4 Slayer.

If someone were to ask me what DLC to get if they're just starting Reach? I'd tell them to buy Anniversary only, because Noble and Defiant are a waste of money, and have been for a long time. Maps are good, the ability to play them is not.

Also:

Cut Firefight Doubles, which offered a unique experience among Firefight playlists.

Keep Anni Firefight, which offers redundant game types on one map.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Still mad about Action Sack getting cut.

You keep 2 playlists that are literally the same thing other than the TU, but you cut the only playlist that isn't a "serious" gametype.

c'monson.gif

Also:

Cut Firefight Doubles, which offered a unique experience among Firefight playlists.

Keep Anni Firefight, which offers redundant game types on one map.
That also. So now Firefight is either 1 player or 4 player, right? ahhhhhh

Striker

That one too.
It just goes with the theme of their playlist decisions. Keep the vanilla Team Slayer when Halo 4 is right around the corner, rather than having Super Slayer (renamed) become the go-to slayer playlist for those who enjoy that Jetpack and Camo infested waters. Anny FF was always redundant outside the first month of its release. FF DLC has been a flop in general because we hardly get them outside going in alone.

I remember when Halo used to be the top FPS for competitive play on a console :'D.

At this juncture I actually would maybe trust 2 people to consult with 343i on anything in the Halo community. I've only been impressed with a handful of pros opinions on the game and the direction the series should take and it's not any of the "mainstream" Halo pros.

I think hastr0 is extremely qualified with the CoD community however.

Right, while I wouldn't trust a lot of pros with Halo at this point, the things hastr0 and Treyarch have developed for Blops2 are amazing in terms of how it will relate to eSports and honestly I wish I enjoyed playing the game more so I could get into that competitive scene.

343i, please, please give us something that at least "scratches this itch".

Akai__

It's pretty bad. You need a full party of guys which have the maps, to get a DLC map. If you search with 5 people or less, it's impossible to get them. They should add a DLC search restriction for Halo 4. Like the language, good connection etc things.

Microsoft may not be at Gamescom, but we've got your Halo 4 goodness anyway. HUGE Halo 4 multiplayer news coming to @IGN at 5pm PT today.
https://twitter.com/Hypertrooper/status/235470577215868928

ibhgY47KsuzMxN.jpg

TCKaos

It's pretty bad. You need a full party of guys which have the maps, to get a DLC map. If you search with 5 people or less, it's impossible to get them. They should add a DLC search restriction for Halo 4. Like the language, good connection etc things.

This. A million times this. If there isn't a setting like this I'm going to be fucking furious.

And it shouldn't be a suggestion, like the personality profile thing (where I've been using "Chatty" for god knows how long and I only get in games where people have NO MICROPHONES DESPITE THE FACT THAT THE XBOX 360 COMES WITH ONE).

Condemned = 10fps in the middle.
Highlands = LoL Power Weapons for everyone!
Tempest = 4v4 on this thing? Objective holding lols. Terrible alternate map with Banshees and grey blocks
FF DLC Map = Enjoyed it the three times I played it. What the fuck is a FF?
Breakpoint = Invasion. Enough said.
Something Nine? Cant even remember its name= More gimmicky 0 grav areas? Go on! Tell me all about it.

Please DLC is garbage in this game. You're being saved from terrible times not getting it in MM.

Also that "news" - Please be Dedis please be Dedis!

Tempest = 4v4 on this thing? Objective holding lols. Terrible alternate map with Banshees and grey blocks
Something Nine? Cant even remember its name= More gimmicky 0 grav areas? Go on! Tell me all about it.

Please DLC is garbage in this game. You're being saved from terrible times not getting it in MM.

It's the principle of the thing. I bought the garbage DLC, now let me get my achievements.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Outside of Powerhouse and Refuge, I'd rather have the DLC than any map in the game.

FyreWulff

Even Halo 3, which is floating through the internets like the Forward Unto Dawn, has DLC required lists.

Halo 3

Halo 3's consolidation update will reduce it to Team Slayer, Social Slayer, and Rumble Pit with all Objectives removed

RIP my DLC experience.
RIP my Firefight experience once Doubles is gone.

But that has gotten me to go back to ODST firefight for kicks. Its a much better design in some senses and much worse in others. But one thing it does have is a true sense of danger and dread. You have to manage your ammo, swap out weapons as needed, prioritize targets and communicate to take down environmental dangers like snipers/tanks, etc. Far, far more than Reach Firefight anyway.

And it has brute choppers :)

oh boy oh boy oh boy
Halo 4 to include multiplayer modes, confirmed.

Also that "news" - Please be Dedis please be Dedis!

I actually liked the Anchor 9 Map, be in the center and kill everyone floating with the needler

Even Halo 3, which is floating through the internets like the Forward Unto Dawn, has DLC required lists.

Halo 3

Halo 3's consolidation update will reduce it to Team Slayer, Social Slayer, and Rumble Pit with all Objectives removed

I swear to god if they ever update Halo 3 and remove Squad Battle I will be FURIOUS

i luv u 4ever bby nvr leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom