• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blissful

Neo Member
https://twitter.com/Hypertrooper/status/235470577215868928

ibhgY47KsuzMxN.jpg

Let me guess, they are going to go over Spartan Ops with all its specs and whatever, then add on to how it is a unique addition to the Halo franchise. (Not hating, I actually like it better than Firefight)

Then they will talk about War Games, more specifically, Infinity Slayer. They will discuss the load out options and how you can use different armour abilities based on your preferences, then get ordinance drops, blah blah blah.

This will be on the new build (beta).

So pretty much, it's probably going to be the same shit we have been hearing for the last 3-6 months. The day I hear about a competitive system, is the day I will actually start to give a rats ass.

So pretty much, it's probably going to be the same shit we have been hearing for the last 3-6 months. The day I hear about a competitive system, is the day I actually start to give a rats ass.

Sadly, I'm getting to that stage too. :( A lot of the new stuff sounds really neat and im super excited for H4 and think it will be an amazing, fun game. However, CoD is currently wooing my competitive instincts over to them just because of the support they're giving it, it's not even a competitive game!!!

Probably a multiplayer breakdown features if I had to guess. This is me talking out of my ass btw and speculating nonsense to past the time.

Ahh alright nice :p

Spawnling

The only questions that decide me getting mildly interested in Halo 4 is:

What exactly is the ranking system?

As good as Spartan Ops is dragged out to be - how is the networking side of things? If I'm playing coop with some buddies, it's not going to be fun to be non host and start lagging 1-2 seconds behind so I can't even use a rifle, just like Halo Reach Firefight/Coop.

Yeah, perhaps I will try that.
Does nobody read achievement descriptions?

The Two For One achievement is awarded to players who kill two enemies with one spartan laser shot in a Ranked Multiplayer free-for-all.

I haven't play Darksiders, but I hear that it is a very good game. I did play Sleeping Dogs and SDCC and I found it to be pretty fun. It has elements of GTA, Assassins Creed, and Arkham City. Nothing groundbreaking, but definitely worth a look. If money is a concern I would say rent Sleeping Dogs as it doesn't seem to have too much replay value, I'm definitely going to play it. Can't really comment on DS2.

Darksiders was pretty awesome. It seemed just the right length for what it was too. Some of the puzzles were fairly interesting and the bosses were mostly engaging. A neat spin on an old story and I give it a thumbs up.

Abdozer

I'm calling it, ranking system is revealed in video form and Bravo commentates over the last seconds while in spectator mode.

pls

Akai__

Nothing works on Xbox Live. My friends and me are doing some achievements and some of them are simply not getting the achievments. Does somebody know, what the problem is?

a zoojoo

Banned
The only questions that decide me getting mildly interested in Halo 4 is:

What exactly is the ranking system?

As good as Spartan Ops is dragged out to be - how is the networking side of things? If I'm playing coop with some buddies, it's not going to be fun to be non host and start lagging 1-2 seconds behind so I can't even use a rifle, just like Halo Reach Firefight/Coop.

Doubt they'll give news to IGN about the technical aspects of 4. That seems more fitting for a bulletin.

They'll prob talk about 1-2 new features and how they'll revitalize Halo.

blamite

Nah, she has a long Bulletin to write. With lots of bits. NO megatons. I will say that there is but one or maybe two sleeps 'til a piece of media you have sort of seen already. But more better.
Longer version of the live action Infinity commissioning video from E3, to be used as a TV commercial. Calling it now.

Does nobody read achievement descriptions?

The Two For One achievement is awarded to players who kill two enemies with one spartan laser shot in a Ranked Multiplayer free-for-all.

Darksiders was pretty awesome. It seemed just the right length for what it was too. Some of the puzzles were fairly interesting and the bosses were mostly engaging. A neat spin on an old story and I give it a thumbs up.

well, it has been like 2 years since i got the damn thing.

but really? a two for one in a ranked FFA match? that's awful. sorry yeti.

My guess is that we'll get an exclusive first look at the Promothean Pistol or possibly that multiplayer map we saw all of 2 seconds on.

Frankie did say we've seen this briefly. That pistol was brief.

Longer version of the live action Infinity commissioning video from E3, to be used as a TV commercial. Calling it now.

I don't know how much you can tie what Frankie said earlier to what IGN said given that whatever Frankie was talking he said in "one or maybe two sleeps."

Additionally, IGN said they had something related to the multiplayer. I don't see how the Infinity video ties into that.

Edit: It seems I have mistaken what you were talking about for the discussion at hand.

Tawpgun

Probs gonna delete my noble and anni maps. Search long and hard for the defiant 1 flag, and infection ones.

And @zerofire, yes I do want to play gears now. Academy has to be the prettiest multiplayer map I've EVER played.

well, it has been like 2 years since i got the damn thing.

but really? a two for one in a ranked FFA match? that's awful. sorry yeti.

When a friend of mine finally got it in 2008, he actually got a 3-for-1 with a ghost, the guy jacking the ghost and some random person on the other side of the map. He still never shuts up about it.

And my comment wasn't directed at you really, but more so the person who stated they were trying to get it. I though it safe to assume they at least read the thing.

FyreWulff

When a friend of mine finally got it in 2008, he actually got a 3-for-1 with a ghost, the guy jacking the ghost and some random person on the other side of the map. He still never shuts up about it.

And my comment wasn't directed at you really, but more so the person who stated they were trying to get it. I though it safe to assume they at least read the thing.

I got mine with frames to spare on the game clock.

Fuck. that. achievement.

What I want:
-Breakdown of new Matchmaking functionality
-Specialization details
-Ranking system details
-Playlists on launch
-How loadouts will be restricted in MM
-The new AAs and their balancing
-Promethean weapon breakdowns

What we'll get:
-12 second video of the Autosentry
-Some new helmets

:3

That is a tall order for a single news update.

Probs gonna delete my noble and anni maps. Search long and hard for the defiant 1 flag, and infection ones.

And @zerofire, yes I do want to play gears now. Academy has to be the prettiest multiplayer map I've EVER played.
The Gears DLC maps are fucking beautiful. I'm not home right now though, and I'm probably not going to be home til later Pacific time, but if you're still awake/online I'll hit you up

Tawpgun

Im proud to say that I got all my Halo 3 cheevos legit. Excluding using guides for campaign skulls and such.

Got my 2 for 1 and steppin razor back to back during the first Halloween ranked living dead playlist.

Reach cheevos on the other hand, fuck.dat

Iv done this for like 3 friends now.

Mine was 2 people atop base near camo on snowbound

Iv also had

Top of gold lift on Construct twice and someone jacking a vehicle cant remember what map.

This alone would blow minds.

Another 1 million? Undershooting it bruh ;]

Undershooting? More like widely overshooting. Most people don't even know what those features are. Even on here, a more hardcore halo community, how many of us are really up in arms over the lack of those features?

When you voted King and grabbed the laser, were you like "THIS IS IT. THIS IT FUCKING IT!"

That achievement and Mongoose Mowdown are the only two I didn't legitimately earn. Hence why they're in Japanese and not English. #notashamed

You had trouble with Mongoose Mowdown? Damn, got that one pretty quick on Isolation, but lol Japanese

Undershooting? More like widely overshooting. Most people don't even know what those features are. Even on here, a more hardcore halo community, how many of us are really up in arms over the lack of those features?

A man can't dream?

Enfinit

You had trouble with Mongoose Mowdown? Damn, got that one pretty quick on Isolation, but lol Japanese

To be honest, I never really tried to get Mongoose Mowdown or the 2-for-1 to begin with, seeing that I hate FFA and thus never play it. But joke's on them, I actually speak Japanese! Woo!

JackHerer

Dedis, 60fps, Spectator Mode, Livestreaming, Custom Game Browser. Ranking system.

So HUGE.

The only thing on this list I really am anxious for them to include is some form of ranking system. Everything else we either know isn't going to happen (e.g. 60 fps, dedis) or is not of major concern to me. Not that I don't want all of them though.

Nope, CoD is shitting all over Halo cause of these features. Kids know what they are. Halo campaign players dont. There is a HUGE difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom