• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
Having all these features in CoD multiplayer is kind of pointless, really. CoD multiplayer is more just for kicks, and isn't really what I'd call competitive.

Having all these features in CoD multiplayer is kind of pointless, really. CoD multiplayer is more just for kicks, and isn't really what I'd call competitive.

I can't even fathom how Cod can be competitive. Its like a pure luck game of tag. Who spots who first. That about sums it up. I dont even see where teamwork can even come into play. Then again I have only played a handful of times.

u4iX

I can't even fathem how Cod can be competitive. Its like a pur luck game of tag. Who spots who first. That about sums it up. I dont even see where teamwork can even come into play. Then again I have only played a handful of times.
I'm on my cellphone or else I'd be posting the Nathan Fillion frustrated gif right now.

DeadNames

Banned
I can't even fathem how Cod can be competitive. Its like a pur luck game of tag. Who spots who first. That about sums it up. I dont even see where team work can even come into play.

CoD can be get quite competitive. Setting up guys at crucial points in the map to cap a flag, etc. It's just that most of the players from my experiences are just 6th graders playing a game their mommy bought them.

Yup. We complain about the lack of balance in Reach (and rightly so) but it pales in comparison to what's happened with CoD's multiplayer in recent iterations. How can a game that unbalanced and filled with that much "stuff" be considered a good candidate for streaming shoutcasts?

It's like when they introduced their version of theater mode a couple of years back. What's the point? What am I going to record? That awesome game I had where I camped the bottom of a stairwell with a striker for five minutes so I could earn enough kills in a row to hop on a chopper gunner for another two minutes at the end of the game?

When you voted King and grabbed the laser, were you like "THIS IS IT. THIS IT FUCKING IT!"

That achievement and Mongoose Mowdown are the only two I didn't legitimately earn. Hence why they're in Japanese and not English. #notashamed

Protip #314: It only appears in another language to you. Everyone else is none the wiser...

themoreyouknow.jaypeegee

Portugeezer

I can't even fathom how Cod can be competitive. Its like a pure luck game of tag. Who spots who first. That about sums it up. I dont even see where teamwork can even come into play. Then again I have only played a handful of times.

Black Ops is not as bad though, the weapons don't seem as powerful and have more recoil, but yeah at medium to close range it's all about who sees who first no doubt, not much the guy receiving hits can do. In Halo there is always a chance of making a comback after taking some shots.

idk man, I think if Treyarch/IW were creative enough to make a $ system like Counter Strike for competitive modes and have everyone start off equal, they'll win over so many hardcore fps fans, giving the CoD name the full respect it desires. That CoD brand name with the new BOps2 features and a truly competitive multiplayer scene that rivals CS?

I think the big mistake being made with Halo 4 is that the competitive console gaming era was created with Halo 1, so the two are synonymous with each other. Halo is the Godfather of professional console players in the eyes of many, so seeing a huge arcadey brand name like CoD adding features that Halo should've had long ago will prove detrimental in the long run if Halo doesn't make those leaps sooner than later..

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm on my cellphone or else I'd be posting the Nathan Fillion frustrated gif right now.
Call of Duty can most definitely be competitive.

That said, I will argue to the death that the majority of matchmaking is a camping, grenade spamming, exploding kill-streak clusterfuck.

Also, this is a Halo thread, so talk that's purely about CoD should probably be taken elsewhere. We're not even talking about being salty over the lack of competitive features in Halo 4.

TheOddOne

Really? What a load of bullshit. Those features are fantastic and forward thinking, because it caters to players who will or potentially will stay with the game. Most people get hyped up for games, buy them, throw them away in mere hours and then go complain about it on GAF.

That is one of the reasons that many games now come so bare bone, why support something that people will just throw away? The fact that they thought about people who play these games long term is utterly fantastic. Fucking kudos to Treyarch for thinking further.

Do you guys understand how many hundreds of people are making money just commentating their CoD matches on youtube?

You're all just spouting the same anti-CoD arguments that bitter people have been posting since CoD4 came out and took everyone's attention away from Halo. I feel like I'm reading a bungie.net thread right now.

GhaleonEB

Huge news? IGN? Expecting 10 minute video with IGN talking heads standing in front of a TV with footage off-screen, then when it goes to on-screen for a cumulative total of 40 seconds it's an IGN editor walking into walls and calling down a plasma pistol as his ordnance before dying.

Been in hell meetings - there was yelling - so I missed all the initial excitement. But yeah, it's IGN. They're using all caps on HUGE to overcompensate.

If it's really big news, yay. But I'm setting my expectations at rock bottom. They're probably answering fan questions, one of which is, "Does Halo 4 have a multiplayer mode?"

Black Ops is not as bad though, the weapons don't seem as powerful and have more recoil, but yeah at medium to close range it's all about who sees who first no doubt, not much the guy receiving hits can do. In Halo there is always a chance of making a comback after taking some shots.

I don't really have a problem with the short kill times so much. The problem with that franchise is that the MP is, by design, horrifically void of competitive balance. All the killstreaks and deathstreaks and call-ins and crap mindlessly tacked onto the core of the game are the problem.

Do you guys understand how many hundreds of people are making money just commentating their CoD matches on youtube?

You're all just spouting the same anti-CoD arguments that bitter people have been posting since CoD4 came out and took everyone's attention away from Halo. I feel like I'm reading a bungie.net thread right now.

Do they say things like. This is when I saw this guy first accidentally shot him in the leg "do to my skillz" and he droped?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Been in hell meetings - there was yelling - so I missed all the initial excitement. But yeah, it's IGN. They're using all caps on HUGE to overcompensate.

If it's really big news, yay. But I'm setting my expectations at rock bottom. They're probably answering fan questions, one of which is, "Does Halo 4 have a multiplayer mode?"
Haha, a lot of your posts recently have been worries/negative comments about Halo 4.

You're a member of Team Downer, aren't you?!
It's okay, I am too

GAF, I got a Job.
Congrats, dude!

CyReN

Black Ops was beating Reach in viewers towards the end of MLG 2011. Being on the ps3 hurt their competitive community too.

GAF, I got a Job.

Congrats!

I don't really have a problem with the short kill times so much. The problem with that franchise is that the MP is, by design, horrifically void of competitive balance. All the killstreaks and deathstreaks and call-ins and crap mindlessly tacked onto the core of the game are the problem.

Right, because competitive Call of Duty has always included all of that crap.

Just like how I used my trusty regenerator all the time in MLG during Halo 3.

GAF, I got a Job.

wut

0ezBK.jpg

Trey

congrats! what is it?

Also, CoD competitiveness is different than Halo competitiveness, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. It's all about map control, routes, and positioning, and less about power weapons and outstrafing, stuff like that

So, like Halo, but without the depth of actual combat?

Risen

Nothing like sensationalizing commentary made to drive home some half developed point.

Play it... get good at it... and then play against other good people, particularly in a league setting such as Game Battles... then revisit your opinion. Are there hugely unbalanced things in the default game... yeppers, as there are in Halo.... but objective game types such as Domination, CTF, and Demolition can be competition on crack.

Do they say things like. This is when I saw this guy first accidentally shot him in the leg do to my skillz and he droped?

No... at least one Machinima director laughs at kids while they cash a 60,000.00 check for one month's viewing of their videos.

Haha, a lot of your posts recently have been worries/negative comments about Halo 4.

You're a member of Team Downer, aren't you?!
It's okay, I am too

Why did you quote that post though? He hasn't said a peep about Halo 4, positive or negative in it. It's IGN. Do you not remember the IGN thing at E3 where we were sucked into watching a bunch of other stuff after they went off their public schedule (I'm willing to bet they know they're stringing people along to watch the other stuff).

TCKaos

If the footage is something we've kind-of-already seen, it's probably an on-screen video of the Forge demo or something about Oddball throwing or Gunflagging.

As much as I dislike CoD, the people who hate on the game for everything, including the new features, are just plain wrong.

Very wise of you to admit it. Its funny how many people blatently are in denial of these features.

I see these arguments like "Same old CoD" guess what that same thing can be said for Halo.

I'm in love with this Blops and Treyarch right now for a very simple reason. They are progressing. They've added stuff. Stuff that could become huge.

Thank you for watching this thread and adding our Halo wishlist to CoD Treyarch. Thank you. At least Halo 5 will be forced to follow in these footsteps so well eventually get this stuff in our Halo.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Why did you quote that post though? He hasn't said a peep about Halo 4, positive or negative in it. It's IGN. Do you not remember the IGN thing at E3 where we were sucked into watching a bunch of other stuff after they went off their public schedule (I'm willing to bet they know they're stringing people along to watch the other stuff).
True, that wasn't the best example to quote. I'm too lazy to go back a couple pages lol.

I do agree though, IGN is just terrible all around. I'm going by what Frank said, maybe a few small details. Is it known whether the bulletin is going to be published early? I really, really want to read about the specialization system.

nillapuddin

Honestly though werent we supposed to manage our expectations on last weeks bulletin?

That was a pretty awesome nugget.

Im not saying Ignorant Gaming Network is going to deliver the goods.. but it might not be horrible.

Also, I think tmrw's bulletin going in-depth on specializations will really be a treat, we might get this oh-so-sought after "idea" of where Halo 4 MP is going

This doesn't even sound good lol. Prove me wrong IGN, but I'm not expecting anything.

The only time IGN (in my memory) have lived up to a halo tease or announcement was the reveal of the ODST live action ad.

I can't remember if they revealed anything for reach that was note worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom