• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
Really? What a load of bullshit. Those features are fantastic and forward thinking, because it caters to players who will or potentially will stay with the game. Most people get hyped up for games, buy them, throw them away in mere hours and then go complain about it on GAF.

That is one of the reasons that many games now come so bare bone, why support something that people will just throw away? The fact that they thought about people who play these games long term is utterly fantastic. Fucking kudos to Treyarch for thinking further.

I agree, Treyarch deserves a lot of respect for the new features.

What I was trying to say is that most CoD players from my experiences just play the newest CoD game, and as soon as the next one comes out, they play that. They don't take time to appreciate the underlying features of the past CoDs.

But we really should stop talking about it...

The job is running IT and my friends family business. First year they have had a huge increase in turn over and its all due to the IT, Since i know my way around a system or two its a great fit for me.

9-5 five days a week and over the road from a McDonald's and a tesco(cause you know Maccys are tesco's little winnets) virtually a stones throw from my house and the place is incredibly chilled out. Decent wage.

Pretty happy, I start Sep 4th. So I might make it to eurogamer after all.

a zoojoo

Banned
The job is running IT and my friends family business. First year they have had a huge increase in turn over and its all due to the IT, Since i know my way around a system or two its a great fit for me.

9-5 five days a week and over the road from a McDonald's and a tesco(cause you know Maccys are tesco's little winnets) virtually a stones throw from my house and the place is incredibly chilled out. Decent wage.

Congrats man! I hope it will be most lucrative!

EDIT: LOL WAIT WHAT?!?!?!

HaloGAF radio is on Waypoint!

Portugeezer

It's a shame a meh series is getting all these cool features, Halo 4 has Forge, which I love but people will never play my levels...

Untitled-1.jpg

A quick breakdown of how I view some of the greatest leaps/standard-making features for console gaming:

• Halo 1: Revolutioned fps controls and created competitive gaming on the console
  • Halo 2: Unparalleled online features with the creation of extensive Custom Game features and Matchmaking (virtual couch with friends) that even today many games can't compete with
  • Halo 3: Theater mode and simplified map editor Forge
  • Modern Warfare: Progression system and ingame rewards system
  • Gears of War: Horde Mode
  • BOps 2: Evolving the fps genre by making competitive gaming mainstream on the console

What big, industry-changing features do you think Halo 4 will have? The closest thing I think is Spartan Ops and how they're handling the content being released. I see many other companies adopting this same format as it relates to the narrative of their games.

What big, industry-changing features do you think Halo 4 will have? The closest thing I think is Spartan Ops and how they're handling the content being released. I see many other companies adopting this same format as it relates to the narrative of their games.

As of what we've heard, nothing imo. Free weekly DLC is cool but I don't think that's something that's groundbreaking.

As far as the info we've gotten H4 doesnt have industry changing features. However this doesn't necessarily mean it will be a bad game.

Awesome to hear, sounds like a good one. I have an interview for a job soon, the pay is good enough that I may be able to get back on track so Im keeping my fingers crossed.

Haha, what? Thats awesome.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
This is actually terrible news. It just means more Waypoint forum nerds will invade HaloGAF!

WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!

Firefight/Spartan Ops Forge :)

heckfu

Banned
I have been on HaloGaf radio once already, now I want to be on ManCannon Radio to make my vocal invasion complete!

What kind of petition to I need to make this happen? Also, as a guest I require that I have Biggy as my counterpart. Can you make this work, zoobaby?

L1NETT

This is actually terrible news. It just means more Waypoint forum nerds will invade HaloGAF!

WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!

Dat Podcast money ;-)

Well done on the job Stalker and good luck for yours Demon :)

---

On the IGN reveal, I have a feeling it will be footage from the build we saw a week ago. No new maps shown or modes. But it could be Spops footage?

a zoojoo

Banned
I have been on HaloGaf radio once already, now I want to be on ManCannon Radio to make my vocal invasion complete!

What kind of petition to I need to make this happen? Also, as a guest I require that I have Biggy as my counterpart. Can you make this work, zoobaby?
I can possibly.
Well wait, aren't you a waypoint nerd?

I guess it doesn't have an effect either way
At least not from the Halo 4 part. *Shudders*
Has the first podcast went up yet? I need more Halo discussion in my veins.

What?!

The audio is being a bitch to me. I can only do so much with the party audio from xbox live.
I'll try to have it out by the end of the week. Definitely doing it over skype next time.

I do not think that means what you think it means

perfect

I was surprised it was on waypoint because that's immediately what i thought of.

If you don't make it work you can be my first guest on my brand-new podcast that competes with yours called Fusion Coil Fancast: The ManCannon Radio Antithesis

Ok lol done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom