• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enfinit

feel

https://twitter.com/Hypertrooper/status/235470577215868928

ibhgY47KsuzMxN.jpg
The Aiming Down Ironsights megaton is coming. Choo choo motherfucker get ready
for real franchise evolution.

Enfinit

51 minutes until either bliss or disappointment.

HaloGAF will melt down either way.

Don't worry, we'll find something to get really excited about, then bitch.

My bet is it'll be like knowing that you're having steak for dinner but then finding out it's only Salisbury. I mean, it's still steak and tastes good, right? But aren't we better than Salisbury?

250px-Salisbury_steak.jpg

We deserve some macaroni 'n cheese too.

FyreWulff

Awesome MM update, the only playlist I care about is gone.

Anyone know if Anniversary maps are in Evolved BTB?

They're optional, but as far as anyone knows, Anniversary BTB Slayer wasn't moved over. The playlists page on Waypoint still shows old playlists. So no Timberlands at all anymore, and Headlong / Hang Em High are only going to be in Anniversary Classic.

Which would mean even after the consolidation, you STILL can't play Halo 1 gametypes in matchmaking on Blood Gulch. What was the fucking point of patching the Halo 1 Pistol into non-Anniversary maps, I'll never know.

willow ve

51 minutes until either bliss or disappointment.

HaloGAF will melt down either way.

Pretty sure either way the "HUGE" news is going to cause meltdown. It will either be actual real news and 1/2 of GAF will find it game breaking... or it will be minor news. My best guess is that they are talking about a very large new map or vehicle. As in it is "literally huge".

Enfinit

WHOA. Just hit me.

Angel said in last week's bulletin that this week's bulletin will be about specializations.

VmXe

We're getting multiplayer information tonight. Bulletin comes out tomorrow. Tonight's IGN news is going to be specialization details. Makes total sense.

Portugeezer

A quick breakdown of how I view some of the greatest leaps/standard-making features for console gaming:

• Halo 1: Revolutioned fps controls and created competitive gaming on the console
  • Halo 2: Unparalleled online features with the creation of extensive Custom Game features and Matchmaking (virtual couch with friends) that even today many games can't compete with
  • Halo 3: Theater mode and simplified map editor Forge
  • Modern Warfare: Progression system and ingame rewards system
  • Gears of War: Horde Mode
  • BOps 2: Evolving the fps genre by making competitive gaming mainstream on the console

What big, industry-changing features do you think Halo 4 will have? The closest thing I think is Spartan Ops and how they're handling the content being released. I see many other companies adopting this same format as it relates to the narrative of their games.
Spartan Ops is a game changer, all these companies are fighting for your time and money, Spartan Ops is a big deal when it comes to this.

Fracas

#fuckonami
WHOA. Just hit me.

Angel said in last week's bulletin that this week's bulletin will be about specializations.

http://puu.sh/VmXe

We're getting multiplayer information tonight. Bulletin comes out tomorrow. Tonight's IGN news is going to be specialization details. Makes total sense.
Are you kidding me?

I posted that like 20 times lol

LD2k

Neo Member
As of what we've heard, nothing imo. Free weekly DLC is cool but I don't think that's something that's groundbreaking.
Disagree. The fact it includes cinematics and will tie together with the campaign storyline - and extend it further into the future books and Halo 5 is pretty damn awesome. If handled correctly, it is essentially a 4 player, co-op extension of the Halo 4 storyline. That to me is pretty innovative because as others have mentioned - it will give players a reason to keep playing Halo 4 (beyond Wargames (MP)).

I'm pretty pumped about it.

Overdoziz

Banned
Spartan Ops is a game changer, all these companies are fighting for your time and money, Spartan Ops is a big deal when it comes to this.
Spartan Ops is just a bunch of co-op missions, though. The mode itself isn't that special, just the way it's delivered to the players.
I can also seeing it being abused in the feature with developers (or publishers) holding back content only to release it later so people stick around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom