• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigShow36

After reading that, all I really care about is what playlists that will be turned off in.

edit: top post three pages running (50 pp ftw).

“This also allows you to recharge the health of a vehicle a little faster. It won’t be fast, but if you can get out of harm’s way, you’re going to recharge the vehicle’s health faster than you would otherwise.”
Mmh.

stalkerfullpng-9d80c7_800w.png

This is me then. All those new armors look sick were can i get hi res versions.

L1NETT

” Yep, this one is almost straight out of Call of Duty, as it will also improve your from-the-hip firing accuracy.

Here we go.

This is the only one I can see myself using honestly.

LE master race indeed.

GhaleonEB

“In past Halo games, when you’d be zoomed in and take a shot, you’d be taken out [of your zoom],” Ellis reminds us. “Now it’s not necessarily the case. As you’re taking shots [with the Stability mod], it allows you to keep your reticule more stable.”
What does this mean?

1) When we get shot while scoped, we do not get knocked out of scope.

or

2) When we get shot while scoped, our reticule bounces around less?

If it's 2) - does our reticule bounce around when we get shot?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You say level 50?

Juices!! You can come down off the ledge now!!

Tell you what, these specializations do sound pretty cool. I like the idea of having a team with different specialization combos and each member being very good at a certain playstyle. I like it.

FyreWulff

You can't enlist in any Specializations until you've gotten all the way to level 50. This is end-game content.

I'll leave my f-bombs at home on this one, but even if it's end-game only, that's still higher level players having an advantage over newcomers. It still feels like rich-gets-richer features.

edit: Also, I can't see any of the images on IGN. That's weird.

IHaveIce

Banned
You can't enlist in any Specializations until you've gotten all the way to level 50. This is end-game content.

wat wat.

But seriously .. it definately changes Halo, but most of it sounds awful. Faster Turret guys, Mark your last enemy etc. ..

I will have to see, but this is not my kind of stuff.

But the armors look pretty cool

well, those certainly seem to be pretty passive abilities. although now i see how they are balancing people spawning with plasma pistols in BTB.

also, i think that armor is the armor you unlock on that specialization path.

Enfinit

Wetworks seems like it'll be the most common and useful, that is until everyone's done getting what they need from Pioneer.

Competitive will be very interesting, especially MLG, given that all specializations are unlocked as default. Imagine a new role for pro players as having an Engineer on each team. Would be pretty interesting.

Also,

VnK6

Nice proof-reading, IGN.

Rogue or Stalker let's go!

Competitive will be very interesting, especially MLG, given that all specializations are unlocked as default. Imagining a new role for pro players as the Engineer on each team, would be so sweet.

Exactly, it will add a cool depth that I think the multiplayer needs at this point, I'm reserving my complete judgement until I play it, but I'm excited.

kylej

Banned
All I know is I hope there's an MLG/Halo Council/Juices Incorporated playlist without any of this the day the game launches.

L1NETT

That's simply not correct. That mod has no effect on firing from the hip. Only when you're zoomed in.

Ah right. Cheers for the clarification :)

Nice to see Hyabusa. Looks badass.

Also, LE isn't INSTANT advantage. You have to get to Level 50, which I assume will take time indeed.

blamite

operatorfullpng-9d80cb_800w.png

Love this helmet, among a few others shown. If there's no exact Mk. V armor, it's good to know there's plenty of nice looking stuff to choose from.

senador

Banned
Hmmmm.

Not sure what to think. On one hand, its awesome you can personalize your play style. On the other, rock, paper, scissors, tractor, etc. There will be so many variables at play now between these and everything else, I'm worried about how it'll all pan out. I suppose that's good you can't use them to top rank, but then it just means the people who play more get them first.

The armor looks interesting. I think I like it. Very Forerunner inspired it seems.

Despite my worry, I'm still excited to play the game.

Rogue for me then. Seems like it would give a huge advantage.

Overall I wish that these did not exist, but what can you do. I'm willing to give them a shot.

Arnie

Fucking terrible.

Can't even be bothered to go into why the entire concept of specializations is both mind numbingly derivative and also contradictory to the very nature of Halo multiplayer, as we the fans have understood and appreciated it.

Remember to pre-order that Limited Edition folks, otherwise you'll only have access to 20% of the specialization content when you buy the game.

Meh seems fairly balanced except for a few stupid exceptions. Even so the LE owners are going to have a HUGE advantage in the window of time between them being a high enough rank to use all 10 and that content being walled off.

Even after that period, when 'everyone' has access to all 10, newcomers are essentially screwed. I would hate to try and get into Halo 4 next year. If work is as busy as I think its going to be am I really going to have to go in and get killed by people who can see my last location? Oh lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom