• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Not sure if you can talk about this David but I'm guessing new Specializations will be DLC at some point down the road. I think that would be pretty damn cool.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
It seems people are thinking these late unlock "perks" are going to be extremely powerful, thus provide an advantage for players who have ranked up. Honestly, I don't see it as any different than CoD leveling. You get better perks as you go on in CoD, yet you have to swap that better perk with one of your other useful perks. So it may or may not be worth using that end-game perk.

I think it hinges on how these are balanced against each other. I personally doubt that max rank people are going to be donging on level 1's just because of ONE "perk."

Kujo

I haven't read much on it, is there any cold blooded-ish perk that leaves me off the radar and forerunner vision? Or something that can make me crouch walk faster?

Talents

Banned
I hope you enjoy AR starts wonky azz netcode, BR spread, no hitscan, incosistent tracking/aim assist, a reticule that will turn red even if only 1/5th of it is on a person's head, Power Drains, Regen and Oddball Free-For-All.
With bubble shields of course

You only get Half of those things if you play MLG.

Portugeezer

I haven't read much on it, is there any cold blooded-ish perk that leaves me off radar and forerunner vision?

Not completely, you get an outline of your body instead of your whole body showing up. Will probably still be easy to see you, so pointless.

Shadders

I haven't read much on it, is there any cold blooded-ish perk that leaves me off the radar and forerunner vision? Or something that can make me crouch walk faster?

Nothing to take you off radar, there's one that makes you harder to spot with PV.

nillapuddin

One of the tactical/supply packages will lessen your silhouette from promethean vision

instead of a full body heat scan it will just be an outline

edit: god damn we are vulturing
desperately trying to stop the meltdown and answer legitimate questions

JackHerer

It seems people are thinking these late unlock "perks" are going to be extremely powerful, thus provide an advantage for players who have ranked up. Honestly, I don't see it as any different than CoD leveling. You get better perks as you go on in CoD, yet you have to swap that better perk with one of your other useful perks. So it may or may not be worth using that end-game perk.

I think it hinges on how these are balanced against each other. I personally doubt that max rank people are going to be donging on level 1's just because of ONE "perk."

Overall you may be right that there won't be any uber powerful perks, I just don't like how it is just another layer of unpredictable randomness that I don't want in my Halo. I am becoming more ambivalent about this game as it gets closer to launch.

They release stuff that sounds bad, then some stuff that sounds like it could be good, then some more stuff that sounds bad....

I am starting to think in my head "Well at least there will be good custom games, right?"

So Bad

It's a very trying time to be a Halo fan. The Reach situation the last few months and now news that I could have a waypoint over my head just for killing my enemy in a shooter game. Or have a team of 8 in BTB with the stay in scope perk enabled raining down unanswerable death with 3x zoom DMR's. Or have my opponent choose rockets every time on his Personal Ordnance 3x fruit machine token. The quitting and idling in this game will make Reach look mild in comparison.

feel

Just as long as they have the classic playlists they promised long ago, I'll be more than happy to try out these new changes to spice up gameplay :]
:-| :-| :-| :-| :-( :-| :-O :-|

Preview of people's faces a few seconds into that first match on the Classic playlist where it turns out it's vanilla reach gameplay.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
That's the problem.

Why?

Just funny watching the thread. I get it that we're confused, and people want answers, but the amount of jumping to conclusions in here is pretty funny. People act like 343 hasn't been developing this game for 3 years now, like they haven't thought of most of the issues that are being brought up here. Just make me laugh to see people using their assumptions as fact.

I think it goes to show 343 that they (or MS I guess) need to work on content delivery and information flow, as Bungie was able to mitigate confusion to a point, but still.

LD2k

Neo Member
I don't mind them either.

I also enjoyed Reach.
Must be a junior thing.

While BO2 has made some HUGE strides to accommodate social media AND the competitive community, it doesn't negate the fact that Halo 4 is looking like it's going to evolve more than ever. At the end of the day my only request is that we are ALL playing the same game. As much as I want a "classic" Halo type of playlist - it would split the game into two. I want everyone on the same page - new additions or not.

The biggest issue is clarification on these issues imo.

Kujo

So in assault, what's the point of trying to carefully stealth my way up to the base when even with wetworks they can still see where I am

Why can't Reach be any good at all? Just for the next 2 months plz? Jesus christ it's awful.

I played it two different sessions today for the first time in a month, horrible.

FyreWulff

Yes you're right, the thing that happened years ago on a different game with a different developer at a time when multiple Halo games were coming out at the same time is totally relevant now.

Years ago? Try 2011. You know, when Anniversary came out. And by the same developer that's making Halo 4, under the same publisher, the publisher that determined the DLC release schedule for both 3 and Reach.

I got over it by electing to not purchase 4's DLC until after it's all out and on a holiday sale. I bought Halo 3's DLC day 1 because I wanted them to keep it coming. Then we had to wait for two separate game releases just to get the last DLC. Figuring that MS wouldn't do it again, I bought Reach's DLC day 1 (again) because I wanted to say "Hey! Steady content! I like this, give us more!". And then we had to wait until another Halo game came out to get the final pack 9 months after Defiant, while other FPSes got steady content, and you barely get to play the content you bought. It's not a matter of how long the maps had to wait after they were done, it was the fact that you already bought the damn game the maps were for, but had to wait for another game to release before you could buy them.

If Halo 4's third DLC pack (because we already know it has at least 3 packs coming) actually comes out in a normal timescale and not schedule-locked to another game, I'm going to be impressed. Until then, nobody should be in a rush to buy it, as the final Halo 3 content, all of Reach's content, and all of Halo Wars' content showed, MS is not going to drop the price any time soon anyway.

You can map when Halo had good DLC scheduling to bad scheduling from the point Peter Moore left and Don Mattrick was hired.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
M2MNJ.jpg

Soon...

Tawpgun

So in assault, what's the point of trying to carefully stealth my way up to the base when even with wetworks they can still see where I am

So what you're saying is, "What's the point of actually trying to be stealthy if I can't pick a perk that automatically does it for me."

Why?

Just funny watching the thread. I get it that we're confused, and people want answers, but the amount of jumping to conclusions in here is pretty funny. People act like 343 hasn't been developing this game for 3 years now, like they haven't thought of most of the issues that are being brought up here. Just make me laugh to see people using their assumptions as fact.

I think it goes to show 343 that they (or MS I guess) need to work on content delivery and information flow, as Bungie was able to mitigate confusion to a point, but still.

Hey No, This is the time when we have to overreact and hate on the game before we have played it.

Kujo

So what you're saying is, "What's the point of actually trying to be stealthy if I can't pick a perk that automatically does it for me."
No, you can combat the radar by crouch walking. It seems nothing cancels out forerunner (promethean now I guess) vision completely

Portugeezer

No, he is talking about people seeing him using PV, it seems wetworks won't counter it completely (you can still be seen)

Ld2K and Soph Ein are two examples of casuals. They both liked Reach and like these ideas. Because they will never get too into the game to see all the intricacies that make things bad. These people will love Halo regardless of what it becomes. Then leave. While were here begging for the changes to make the game better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom