• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

There shouldn't be a single league. There should be many different events and "leagues" (when it gets to that point) Grass roots baby, gotta start over again. I'm for it! Let's do it!

Agree with this. Look at something like EVO, for games that have a *fraction* of the user base that FPS games do (none of the EVO games compete for the top 10 Live slots). Even with that small base there were almost 100K simultaneous streams (all paid at $12 each) for the Marvel finals this year. And regional tournaments like CEO are seeing similar hype & success (helped a lot by having a PT Barnum character running CEO like it was 90s wrestling).

Plus I never see the FPS community get really hyped for tournaments in the current structure. Or at least if that hype is happening, it's happening way off my radar.

MLG has a monopoly in professional console gaming. Or at least it looks like it.

Capcom ignores them in favor of indy tournaments.

In a way I hope MLG doesn't pick up H4. Just because I think that it would be better for the competitive Halo scene in the long run to kinda reboot with Halo 4. Have new players come on to the scene and make a name for themselves. Have LAN's pull huge stream numbers. Everyone should have a capture card, some streaming software, some cameras and a mic. We need guys to commentate and even have the casters make names for themselves too. It's just gotta grow naturally.

I wish it were possible for me to agree with this more. Nice post.

MLG has a monopoly in professional console gaming. Or at least it looks like it. If they announce Halo 4 is a official game on their next pro circuit, everyone will come back to them. Even when Hardcore Halo guys organize their own league.
That's true, but that Red Bull LAN was pretty successful from what I remember. Really well done. I think it's possible that more than one league could survive

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That's true, but that Red Bull LAN was pretty successful from what I remember. Really well done. I think it's possible that more than one league could survive

In a way I hope MLG doesn't pick up H4. Just because I think that it would be better for the competitive Halo scene in the long run to kinda reboot with Halo 4. Have new players come on to the scene and make a name for themselves. Have LAN's pull huge stream numbers. Everyone should have a capture card, some streaming software, some cameras and a mic. We need guys to commentate and even have the casters make names for themselves too. It's just gotta grow naturally.

Homeboyd

I switched my motto -- instead of sayin fuck tomorrow
That buck that bought a bottle could've struck the lotto
That coulda woulda shit gon put you in a trance...
Time to reclaim tha throne, go on and tell Sundance...
People round here like to brag, boast, and bitch...
But ask MT-dub, tha money makin' come with tha snitch..
Never look back, in a warthog ima swang...
Here fool, you in tha rear view, if you think you can hang..
So one last time ima tell you that you gon thank me...
Takin over MLG, collab with Cyren, Ellis and Frankie..

There shouldn't be a single league. There should be many different events and "leagues" (when it gets to that point) Grass roots baby, gotta start over again. I'm for it! Let's do it!

I just had a serious talk about with this with my friend the other day and I agree! The only problem though is the damn funding..

Yep. The Red Bull LAN was pretty good. But they dropped Reach when MLG dropped it.

Great post. *claps.gif*

I think it's sad that Halo got dropped in general. It seemed like Columbus was a hugely successful event, but it got dropped anyway
Especially since MLG said "We cannot do the Anniversary Maps because of the codes.". Frankie saw the problem, gave them enough codes and at the end it was for nothing. Especially since that MLG Pro Circuit was Reach's best. It was exciting the whole time.

IHaveIce

Banned

A damn good post. Couldn't agree more.

So Just saw TDKR I won't say more than DAMN.

edited - my ex wife warned me :(

Not the best time to get cocky with LoL exploding..

AyjFN.png

2eSFD.png
Haters gonna hate. Ruining dat Rep.
LoL IS Exploding! Saw how much attention on Twitch alone it's getting.

Nice to see Sundance is showing his optimism towards the future of Halo & MLG.

Yep. The Red Bull LAN was pretty good. But they dropped Reach when MLG dropped it.
I'm pretty sure there was only really the one Red Bull thing, and it was after it got dropped by MLG, but I could be misremembering

Especially since MLG said "We cannot do the Anniversary Maps because of the codes.". Frankie saw the problem, gave them enough codes and at the end it was for nothing. Especially since that MLG Pro Circuit was Reach's best. It was exciting the whole time.
It was. Easily the best Reach MLG event.

Yup. :-|

Just when I started getting into MLG Halo, too.
Go back and watch some 2009 stuff. The Str8 v TD series's were great

I'm pretty sure there was only really the one Red Bull thing, and it was after it got dropped by MLG, but I could be misremembering

It was. Easily the best Reach MLG event.

Go back and watch some 2009 stuff. The Str8 v TD series's were great
No. There were two Red Bull Lan events this year. The second one was SC2 only.

daedalius

Wow fuck mlg.

Rename that playlist now.

LoL is boring as shit to play and watch (at least it was to me).

Redbull event was good, really would like to have more events to watch.

mhi

I think the MLG/343 meetings were more to collect feedback on the general multiplayer of the game and not anything partenership related or something like that.

Again Halo 3/Reach just went away from the type of creative gametypes and map design that fueled the original two game's ascent to the proffesional console gaming nadir.

Reach, much like 4, focuses instead on engaging the user through content creation/moddification. See Forge, armor, cR,theather, loadouts,etc...

For example, am afraid Halo 4 weapon sandbox will be too large for my liking. Another example of the direction the series has taken.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I would absolutely love to see that happen.

GG's once again guys. Ended up playing a lot more Reach today than I thought I would. Gotta get dem credz.

That's fine, our party was wild...as usual.

What, wut, whaaaat, burp, burrrrrrp, wut, whaaaaat etc.

Also go see my video of me and Myyke, even though YT fucked it up.

Edit: Just fixed it, regardless to say, I will not be using that 'fix' again.

lol - one dude suggested the GL was overpowered, and now the thread is full of people talking about how the whole thread is complaining that the GL is overpowered.

It's not fucking overpowered. Nobody ever said it was. (Well, that one dude did.) Move on. (More slowly.)
Seriously. Thank you, Wu. And I mean that. I'm trying to catch up on this thread right now. My original post was meant to be more about wanting 343 to remove a bunch of the extra power weapons that have been added to the game. That's it. I singled out the GL and did a bit of exaggerating in the process, which was obviously a mistake. Gaf explosion. Dax was only defending his favorite weapon as I would do for Combat Evolved being my favorite Halo game. I just wasn't intending, or prepared, to get into a serious discussion about the GL. And much of what I said was getting misread/misinterpreted anyway. My fault.

IHaveIce

Banned
Not...supposed...to...talk...about...stuff...

How...hard...to...understand...

Seriously...O....M.......G

Won't...reply...again...to...these...posts...facepalming...soo..........damn....hard.......

must....walk...away....from...keyboard.............................

then you shouldn't read the gaf thread about the whole update I guess ;)

And your post was more idiotic than mine even if I broke something, what a mess.

2 friends of mine who left Halo after Halo 2 are now all of a sudden seriously interestend in Halo 4 after they saw the mlg vids that are online for months.

This kind of posts are not helping anybody. He was late and he didn't knew about it. How about you try to tell him 1st, before you make such an idiotic post?

It was being discussed on the same page as his post prior to this one. And there was this little agreement that he signed to get the dashboard. It's not a EULA, it's an NDA. How does his inability to read something he signed make the post any more idiotic than his?

then you shouldn't read the gaf thread about the whole update I guess ;)

And your post was more idiotic than mine even if I broke something, what a mess.

So because others are doing it, it means it's ok to do? Really, that's your defense?

"even if I broke something" - more like violated a contract. Pretty sure that's a bigger offense than too many ellipses. My post was an attempt to communicate my reaction to people continuing to post about it despite like 3 pages of discussion about it.

ZalinKrow

That's fine, our party was wild...as usual.

What, wut, whaaaat, burp, burrrrrrp, wut, whaaaaat etc.

Also go see my video of me and Myyke, even though YT fucked it up.

Haha awh man that was funny. It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times!

And yes, I must check that out before I go to bed :] I also just remembered I never replied to you on Live...

Recarpo

Since we're on the topic of MLG, is there a place to see any of the old, 2006/2007, rebroadcasts anywhere? I used to be able to find them on the MLG site until around the time they redid everything and switched to their mlg.tv service.

IHaveIce

Banned
So because others are doing it, it means it's ok to do? Really, that's your defense?

"even if I broke something" - more like violated a contract. Pretty sure that's a bigger offense than too many ellipses. My post was an attempt to communicate my reaction to people continuing to post about it despite like 3 pages of discussion about it.

Where did I say this is my defense? I just suggested that you shouldn't read it if one post like mine will make your post to totally nonsense and glibberish, Croatia got it right with an well written pm to give me the info.

By the speed of the current and last Halo OT I won't bother catching up with every discussion that is not related to Halo so it seems I skimmed over the last discussion about it. I'll say sorry for that.

Any further postings should be sent as an pm, so we won't have to fill this OT.

I'll edit my post if it makes you happy

Akai__

It was being discussed on the same page as his post prior to this one. And there was this little agreement that he signed to get the dashboard. It's not a EULA, it's an NDA. How does his inability to read somethinghe signed make the post any more idiotic than his?

So now he is unable to read?

Have you thought about the fact, that some foreigners don't speak perfect english? Maybe it was his 1st time, that he participated in such a program. Don't tell me, that you don't do failures, too, because that's bullshit.

I don't want to discuss this anymore, feel free to post your answer, but don't expect me to answer it.

Remember, this is GAF. Everything Forge related is bad, even when it's good, it's bad. Very bad.
Easy to say when you know what it is.

My post was partially sarcastic, but a vocal portion of this thread dislikes the cartographers work on Reach MM and Forge having such a commanding presence in MM, so we are naturally going to be skeptical.
Overdoziz' map to replace Asylum?
This is playlist management we are talking about here, good decisions can leave.

I agree. Halo needs a new approach to it's use in competitive tourneys/leagues with a new approach to settings. I think MLG really mismanaged Reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom