• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHIT! Top post. Now I'm definitely a dick.

So now he is unable to read?

Have you thought about the fact, that some foreigners don't speak perfect english? Maybe it was his 1st time, that he participated in such a program. Don't tell me, that you don't do failures, too, because that's bullshit.

I don't want to discuss this anymore, feel free to post your answer, but don't expect me to answer it.
Nobody likes smartasses...
I already changed the old post, but I'll say this and no more. There's a saying "ignorantia legis neminem excusat" or "ignorance of the law excuses no one". While this isn't a law we're referring to, it's something he put a digital signature to. In the real, adult, world, you never sign something without reading it first. Your signature literally means you read and agreed to whatever were the contents of the document.

If he doesn't speak perfect English, that's fine, but it doesn't excuse anyone from the terms. If it's his first beta/preview, that's awesome! They're pretty cool programs to participate in that I wish more companies would proactively endorse. I don't see how that would have anything to do with the discussion, though.

I wouldn't consider it being a smartass personally (poorly communicated, I suppose), but I do find it mind-boggling every single time this happens. No one's at fault but those giving out leaks. Just as a final, serious piece of advice, if you absolutely need to discuss the beta with others, Microsoft provides the Connect site and some forums to do just that. Use those media available to you.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
iJr4UwK8jyls8.gif

I missed this earlier somehow, but I wanted to re-post OddOne's excellent analysis/summary of the information 343 has released about the multiplayer.

Let’s go back and look at what we got so far promoting Halo 4. It was announced in 2011 with a CGI teaser and it will be the start of a new trilogy. For a long time after that we got tidbits and short videos (like the audio recording) from the waypoint bulletins. Nothing real mind-blowing happens, which can either be related to them focusing on Halo: CE Anniversary, production on Halo 4 was still ongoing (some stuff was still rough) or Reach and Halo brand services were being transitions to 343. During this time it was understandable that not much info came out regarding Halo 4, it was a hectic time with a lot happening – I will cut them some slack on that.

Then Halo fest happened and we got the opening panel video plus the concept art trailer. At this point we still have not seen Halo 4 in motion, just a lot of talk about what they are trying to do with the game. Still buzzwords and all, it was enjoyable and sparked some speculation and discussion. Then the long drought happened, again small tidbits coming from bulletins and GAF. Around march we got the first two in-game campaign screenshots of Halo 4.

Then the Spring Xbox Showcase happens and the Vidoc Halo 4’s First Look is released. The video itself has some good stuff: we see two multiplayer maps, maps will not be recycled from the campaign, introduction of Spartan IV’s, motion capture being done, new audio team building the sounds from scratch and more. All sounds really great and it looks utterly fantastic. We then got another drought.

Halo 4 then graces the cover of Game informer’s April issue. We get tons of information and here is where it also starts to go wrong. The article itself has a wealth of information: Spartan Ops is discussed, new multiplayer mode “Regicide”, drop-in for multiplayer, the armor abilities and much of the cosmetic changes to the hud and overall game. None of what is written makes much sense and people get confused and pissed (rightfully so, in my opinion). We get some clarifications on GAF (of all places) and soothes some minds, but people are still confused. Promised Sparkast with clarifications, while it brings new info to the table, it is all too confusing.

After the article and Sparkast nothing really big happens: Game Informer has some videos that shows some stuff (nothing big though), reveal of the composer, the Conan O’ Brian appearance, Limited Edition revealed, the cover art trailer and release date. The Barn-gate happens, the funniest thing to ever happen to Halo. Then the big thing happens: Halo 4 10 minute on-stage demo, minds are blown at how great it all looks. After that we got a bunch of full length multiplayer MLG videos.

While I support 343 intentions of keeping the single-player under wraps, I am baffled by how they have handled the multiplayer side of it all. I know they want to keep certain things a secret, but at least be upfront on what is known quantity; even on the most basic things we have to struggle to get an answer. Hopefully it is a learning experience.

Marketing for this game has been all over the place, the first two Vidoc’s were actually pretty great, even though they were condensed they felt more upfront on the game. Also the way info has been coming out has been so uncoordinated, there is no balance to all of it.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Easy to say when you know what it is.

My post was partially sarcastic, but a vocal portion of this thread dislikes the cartographers work on Reach MM and Forge having such a commanding presence in MM, so we are naturally going to be skeptical.

This is playlist management we are talking about here, good decisions can leave.

Honestly, folks like Homeboyd and Nokyard have worked tireless, countless hours putting maps through their paces and eliminating so many issues and whatnot, and even then, the decision to include any map is totally out of the Cartographer's hands.

If you could actually see the work being done, I'm almost 100% sure you'd change your opinion about the Cartographers.

I'm totally with you regarding Forge and Reach though and general MM decisions over the past few years. I still remember taking a picture from here on GAF clearly showing the Bubble abuse on Boardwalk straight to the Cartographers group and shortly afterwards it was removed from Objective. The Bubble issue had been a sore point for such a long time.

I'm hopeful that 343 will continue to be both attentive and receptive towards improving MM going forward. The guys and gals at 343 are good folks.

Akai__

I never liked him. I don't get it. Why is he still in the EG team?

Seriously, I don't know why he started this thing. Why is he mad at Halo?

People like him and Mrs. Violence should be excluded from MLG, when talking shit like that...

I missed this earlier somehow, but I wanted to re-post OddOne's excellent analysis/summary of the information 343 has released about the multiplayer.

Thanks for quoting it, missed that post.
Don't blame me, this thread moves too fast.

Noricart

I'll do it faster and cheaper.

Just PM your account details, and password, keep a valid CC handy.

:p

Iviu7.png

Seems legit

You don't want to know how long it took me to do that.

We played on Midas like an hour ago. I cannot fathom how that piece of shit ever got into matchmaking.
I take from the highfalutin name that it is an amazing piece of work that shouldn't be chided.
Jokes aside, where are all of these shitty forge maps, and how come I don't ever encounter them?

Overdoziz

Banned
I just hope 343 calms down with adding new Forge maps to matchmaking. Having playlists that are (over) half filled with Forge maps really should not happen.

I just hope 343 calms down with adding new Forge maps to matchmaking. Having playlists that are (over) half filled with Forge maps really should not happen.

Ohh look another forge map I have never played. I have no clue where I am or what the weapon spawns are. Reach in a nutshell.

A PC Client spectator mode would solve that problem...

One could dream.. :]

Seriously. Thank you, Wu. And I mean that. I'm trying to catch up on this thread right now. My original post was meant to be more about wanting 343 to remove a bunch of the extra power weapons that have been added to the game. That's it. I singled out the GL and did a bit of exaggerating in the process, which was obviously a mistake. Gaf explosion. Dax was only defending his favorite weapon as I would do for Combat Evolved being my favorite Halo game. I just wasn't intending, or prepared, to get into a serious discussion about the GL. And much of what I said was getting misread/misinterpreted anyway. My fault.

images

Akai__

Almost a killtac exterm. :(

Was this in the streaming session earlier?

---
Edit:

The whole system, that is choosing the next map in matchmalking, needs an overhaul. I liked Halo 3's more. We should not be able to vote, but to veto one map. It's ridiculous, how many times the same map gets choosen in Reach. It barely happened in Halo 3.

Also, I would like to see something like a personal veto system, in which you can choose 1 or 2 maps, that you don't want ever to play in matchmaking.

I think it would be better to have most forge maps be in a community forges playlist.
Hell, make it ranked for shits and giggles.

Yeah, I think I agree. I mean, I love Forge maps and all (if they're ridiculously good), but I just want the stock stuff in matchmaking, please - unless it's its own playlist/set of playlists.

Overdoziz

Banned
I think it would be better to have most forge maps be in a community forges playlist.
Hell, make it ranked for shits and giggles.
Or don't waste a playlist on that and only put the best of the best of the best Forge maps in matchmaking. None of the half-assed crap. 1 or 2 Forge maps per playlist, max.

Noricart

Yeah this 10x. I feel like every time I play Reach now I'm either playing Countdown, Zealot, or a Forge map.

Well the main problem with the most of the maps is that they aren't made to fit most gametypes. Boardwalk is to huge and cumbersome for any gametype that isn't objective focused or BTB. Powerhouse is too asymmetrical for a highly competitive Slayer game, but perfect for 1 Flag. Countdown is cramped and feels more reminiscent of Construct, but with much, much more cramped halls. Another thing to note is that Countdown, Zealot and Asylum are all symmetrical, so they fill out all of the playlists. When other maps aren't up to snuff, and the game itself isn't made with a focus on gunplay and map flow first and armor abilities second, then you get Jetpack on Powerhouse, Space on Zealot, 3 different floors and an open middle ground on Countdown (All accessible by jetpack btw) and of course, Oddball on Sword Base. Honestly, I found Halo 3 forge maps to be much more entertaining than Reach's tripe. I'll leave it at this and say that Reach's mechanics don't mesh well with any of the maps anyway. IMHO, more symmetrical maps across the board would have made Reach more enjoyable. And of course, with less gimmicks.

TL;DR :http://youtu.be/XCcmrL29WII?t=1m5s

Honestly, folks like Homeboyd and Nokyard have worked tireless, countless hours putting maps through their paces and eliminating so many issues and whatnot, and even then, the decision to include any map is totally out of the Cartographer's hands.

If you could actually see the work being done, I'm almost 100% sure you'd change your opinion about the Cartographers.

I'm totally with you regarding Forge and Reach though and general MM decisions over the past few years. I still remember taking a picture from here on GAF clearly showing the Bubble abuse on Boardwalk straight to the Cartographers group and shortly afterwards it was removed from Objective. The Bubble issue had been a sore point for such a long time.

I'm hopeful that 343 will continue to be both attentive and receptive towards improving MM going forward. The guys and gals at 343 are good folks.

The maps that are added to MM are from a selection that the Cartographers are submitting though right? If so, they are still submitting bad maps in my opinion. Based on the current quality bar of Forge maps in the game, 343 should be receiving these maps from the Cartographers and with one simple playtest immediately eliminating 95% of them. Stuff like Bubble Shields in Flag gametypes is good, but it's also something that was inexcusable to be in the game in the first place. Bungie clearly didn't test the game with good players (bubbles in objective, Flag and Assault didn't even have 10 second respawn timers).

I don't doubt that the Cartographers work hard, but one of their main functions is to recommend maps for matchmaking, and some of those maps end up in MM, and they significantly reduce my ability to enjoy the game. What's in MM now doesn't allow me to honestly look forward to anything that the Cartographers have suggested or submitted for MM. That's just being realistic. Hopefully I'll be surprised by one of 343 and/or Cartographers moves.

As for your last statement, I can't agree as I don't think they have made good changes to MM since taking over (prime example being a number of changes to BTB that have ruined what was a solid playlist). I'm sure the people at 343 are great folks, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be held accountable for what I see to be poor decisions.
sluuuuuurp :p

a zoojoo

Banned
Hi I'm Max. And thanks for call Xbox Customer Support. Just tell me what you're having trouble with. You can say, Xbox Live, Payment options...
Lol, nice
As we said at San Diego Comic Con, the cinema trailer we debuted at the panel is set to premiere in theaters nationwide starting today, July 27th. Because of the way this stuff is structured regarding agreements with theater chains, guilds, etc, there will not be a direct feed version posted online today.

It's unfortunate when these self-feeding rumors build up steam. We certainly aren't in the business of disappointing fans, but I don't believe we ever explicitly said that we'd be posting that video online today. That's not to say it won't see a release online at some point, but, as always, wait until you hear it from us first.
FUUUUUU.......

Not the best time to get cocky with LoL exploding..

AyjFN.png

2eSFD.png
Some men just want to watch the world burn.........
lmao at Overkill's pop-up, poor guy :(

I laughed at that part too, lol

Enfinit is a pretty cool guy

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I never liked him. I don't get it. Why is he still in the EG team?

Seriously, I don't know why he started this thing. Why is he mad at Halo?

People like him and Mrs. Violence should be excluded from MLG, when talking shit like that...

Thanks for quoting it, missed that post.
Don't blame me, this thread moves too fast.

He's probably still in EG because he's one of the most popular American SC2 players. He doesn't really place well at all but I guess he makes them money. IDK.

I don't know why it came up. I'm not gonna sit here and say that Halo fans are nice haven't talked shit and blah blah blah but it did seem to really come out of nowhere. Either way he's gotta rise above the twitter/internet nerds who no doubt talk shit about him on a daily basis. He's got 40k twitter follows, can't be doin shit like that.

And Kyle, that video is bananas lol. Guy is super strong. Before I started this diet I thought I wanted to just lose a chunk of weight and then do strength training. I didn't care to be thin, I wanted to thick and strong. Now that I've lost more weight than I had originally planned, my goal has changed. I wanna get lean baby!

edit: Also, in before AlienShogun not impressed lol :p

Interesting.

[Scene: A scientist is in a Frankensteinesque laboratory mixing chemicals in a beaker.]

Scientist: I have combined the DNA of the world's most evil animals to make the most evil creature of them all.

[A pod reminiscent of the ones from the movie "The Fly" opens with a cloud of steam. It clears, revealing a naked human male.]

Naked Man: It turns out it's man.

GhaleonEB

looking for it, but dont have time to go through this thread as im posting at work on my break

The Halo video was released in theaters; it is the one 343 said they would release on the 27th a few weeks back. It's the same one shown at one of the conferences over the past few weeks, comparing how the making of Halo 4 is similar to, and different from, making movies. It will be released at a later date online.

B wzy

Neo Member
Before I started this diet I thought I wanted to just lose a chunk of weight and then do strength training. I didn't care to be thin, I wanted to thick and strong. Now that I've lost more weight than I had originally planned, my goal has changed. I wanna get lean baby!

edit: Also, in before AlienShogun not impressed lol :p

Thats the way to go. Being able to throw around heavy weight feels great and all, but a leaner body is usually more beneficial for all kinds of reasons and allows a person to excel in a variety of sports/hobbies. Not to mention its easier on a lot of peoples bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom