• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BrickOldRounded0028_4_S.png

Too much texture to it:

In all honesty, it actually has more grass than most forge maps, but it remains horrifyingly bad.

Played it today with ply, barrow, and zoso Achilles. The pain we experienced was unparalleled.

Not really.

If a planet is really really dense as opposed to a normal planet, afaik the gravity field has a much sharper increase in pull at roughly the equivelent distance if it contains same mass.

One popular way of finding planets is via the magnetic fields, Dyson spheres aren't supposed to have any by definition. Ships can accidentally wander into the gravitational pull of a Dyson sphere and would be pretty screwed. Even black holes have magnetic fields.

Remember... Shield worlds are supposed to be intentionally difficult to find.

If you fly directly at a Dyson sphere and don't see it until the last second, you're pretty screwed. It's like flying into a star, in terms of gravitational pull but you can't see it. These spheres aren't just hiding in star systems. They are out in empty space.

Just saying.

The shield world in onyx is described to have 20 times the diameter of our own sun

TWENTY TIMES (I accidentally measured wrong when I said 10 lol)

Edit fuck me again I meant two hundred... Stupid zero

If they are remotely similar... Likeliness is high that there's a contained solar system of sorts. The shield world in onyx had a diameter of 300 million km... That's twice the distance between mars and the sun

200 times the diametre of our sun, but isn't that just inside? The outside is just a regular sized planet, and I think there's some Harry Potter shit going on there.

Overdoziz

Banned
There are.
Who? I've seen a list of Cartographer and none strike me as very competitive.
Also, I would never want to be one myself, takes way too much effort.

Well the DLC and inbuilt maps shouldn't be terrible.

Unfortunately, the best maps in Reach are community forge maps. All the inbuilt and DLC maps are terrible on many many levels.

If you can get over the "OMG NO PURTY COLORZ!!!" than there wouldn't be much of a problem.
I personally don't care that Forge maps are gray but I can certainly see how it is a problem. Also, what Forge maps do you consider better than the disc maps? Because aside from remakes (The Pit and Sanctuary) I can't think of any.

FyreWulff

In a way I hope MLG doesn't pick up H4. Just because I think that it would be better for the competitive Halo scene in the long run to kinda reboot with Halo 4. Have new players come on to the scene and make a name for themselves. Have LAN's pull huge stream numbers. Everyone should have a capture card, some streaming software, some cameras and a mic. We need guys to commentate and even have the casters make names for themselves too. It's just gotta grow naturally.

They'll probably just continue to take for granted that they get a playlist in the most recent Halo game. With their public abandonment of it, why do they get their own playlist, again?

As said before, some people need to start other leagues to give MLG some competition.

edit: I'm still annoyed at how they also bought one of the biggest Smash communities and then Halo'd Smash not long after.

Late Late night Halos.

The casuals all buy our game then quit after getting destroyed 15 times. They choose things like AR starts on Valhalla and companies think thats what we want. They leave us, the real Fenrir Spirit's who come back night after night chasing the ghost of a good game.

NICE -14 BOMB DARk ASSASSIN3 I've been drinking all night yet I go +20 more kills than you you fucking moron. Also your mic is retarded and I believe you might be playing Halo underwater...

Pop

Late Late night Halos.

The casuals all buy our game then quit after getting destroyed 15 times. They choose things like AR starts on Valhalla and companies think thats what we want. They leave us, the real Fenrir Spirit's who come back night after night chasing the ghost of a good game.

NICE -14 BOMB DARk ASSASSIN3 I've been drinking all night yet I go +20 more kills than you you fucking moron. Also your mic is retarded and I believe you might be playing Halo underwater...

Oh Reach, turning drunk people sober in an instant.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I personally don't care that Forge maps are gray but I can certainly see how it is a problem. Also, what Forge maps do you consider better than the disc maps? Because aside from remakes (The Pit and Sanctuary) I can't think of any.

Synapse, Select, Kingdom, Nexus, Alectrona, Pulse and more.

The crap that shipped with Reach is terrible and so is the DLC.

Condemned? A 4v4 Team Slayer map? Fucking lol...

Striker

Honestly, the person who designed The Cage/Uncaged should just quit making games forever
http://www.bungie.net/news/content.aspx?cid=29601
He made Lockout

Though I liked this part.
Primary and secondary gametypes. A single flag CTF map is not always going to also host an amazing game of Team Slayer. Choose one or two gametypes and focus on making them rock solid. Usually, if your space is well thought out, other gametypes will be easy to add further down the road.

Crucio

200 times the diametre of our sun, but isn't that just inside? The outside is just a regular sized planet, and I think there's some Harry Potter shit going on there.
Correct. Forerunner Shield worlds cannot be compared to Dyson's Sphere because they house a Slipspace bubble, which contains the massive star system. On the outside it looks like a planet, Onyx I think was about the size of Reach. My impression of Requiem is that its about as big as a Saturn or Jupiter(on the outside).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom