• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the XP system is dependent on "skill" in some way.

. In-game, if you get 10 points per kill, you don’t get more at that exact moment, but after the game it modifies the amount of experience your Spartan earns to increase the speed at which you rank up

So killing nets us points which go towards ranks

Ideally it would be like this.

Win Bonus + 400
Kill Bonus +600
Objective Bonus +200 (planted bomb, stopped flag guy ect ect)
Because you played score +400
Special Bonus +2000
Total Payout: 3600

VISM

Next week's bulletin to be about music? I can live with that.

I'm thinking a multiplayer reveal...maybe I'm reading it differently (not so literal).

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I really, really hope vanilla Halo and COD Halo won't have split playlists sillyness like the TU did with Reach.

You know what, I'm willing to bite my tongue and give all the COD stuff a proper shake down. I'm fearing the worst in terms of balance, but I'm hoping it's Reach-induced paranoia.

Bring on The Thursday War and more fiction teases. :D

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Master chief interacting with alloys in innovative ways?
"Feels like metal."

Although I want to roll with a pearl white DMR and a candy apple red plasma pistol.
Heh, that'd be awesome.

I'll be playing both.
Same. Good classic playlists with robust support on 343's part will make me way less bitter about all these perks and ordinance (Hi Dax) drops and stuff. I'd definitely dabble in Infinity Slayer sometimes, and probably love it, but I want classic Halo more than anything else.

Tawpgun

Win Bonus + 400
Kill Bonus +600
Special Bonus +2000

So Johnny BK over here can play for 5 hours every day on average and be a higher "skill" than Mike Dongblain who poops on kids for maybe an hour a day average.

Reach has the same system. Skill based ranks are still needed. Would be cool if skill based ranks had some unlocks too. Only cosmetic though. I don't want insane players getting their hands on exclusive mods.

Oh, and since Halo 4's MP reveal, like 90% of the helmets suck. Everything else is designed with practicality, except for helmets. Spartan IV's apparently have no need for visors... Even if they explain it with external cameras, those could, hypothetically break/get EMP'd. Then you're screwed. But beside the point, helmets with visors look better.

Bsigg12

Flags would be cool.

Great BRitain.

Future DLC options? National flags for the BR? Trying to do it for every gun would suck and this way people don't feel like they got the shaft if their flag is on a plasma pistol and another is on the DMR.

B wzy

Neo Member
Did we get any confirmation on whether we will see weapon skins on the weapons that were picked up off corpses in first person? I've been drinking the 343I cool aid pretty hard, but i'm concered with picking up the ugliest abominations of weapon skins. On the flip side, if I have to deal with weapon skins versus armor effects I will be content.

Thx.

Lame though, but I guess it's a necessity with the new maps and their collosal scale.

Yeah, and the game was designed knowing players have sprint, and the base movement speed and jump height is faster/higher than Reach, and sprint isn't as big of an increase in speed as in Reach. So it's better and not as big of a deal anymore.

Dug

Banned
Did we get any confirmation on whether we will see weapon skins on the weapons that were picked up off corpses in first person? I've been drinking the 343I cool aid pretty hard, but i'm concered with picking up the ugliest abominations of weapon skins. On the flip side, if I have to deal with weapon skins versus armor effects I will be content.
In Gears Of War 3 if you pick up another guys weapon it uses the skin they were using. So maybe?

Tawpgun

So I'm assuming Halo 4 dev time is taking away all the resources and time needed to address the DLC and achievement issue?

Been playing Infection forever. No DLC.

Arnie

Future DLC options? National flags for the BR? Trying to do it for every gun would suck and this way people don't feel like they got the shaft if their flag is on a plasma pistol and another is on the DMR.

It's DLC unless you buy the limited edition.

Fuchsdh

GAFgun.

zu0sj.png

Also, super slick:

pycli.png

Other pictures at different angles show it with this cool fresnel, almost-pearlescent effect.

The funny thing about the visor colors is half the helmets don't have a real visor to speak of, so any color customization is near-meaningless. Nice looking near-pearlescent effects though, like you say.

The Carbine skin does look decent, so combine that with it being my favorite gun previously and I'm prolly sold on using it entirely.

Win Bonus + 400
Kill Bonus +600
Special Bonus +2000

A score per minute stat would be cool..,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom