• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocamola

Banned
Without jetpack its a good map.

whatcfz.jpg

Akai__

He's probably still in EG because he's one of the most popular American SC2 players. He doesn't really place well at all but I guess he makes them money. IDK.

I don't know why it came up. I'm not gonna sit here and say that Halo fans are nice haven't talked shit and blah blah blah but it did seem to really come out of nowhere. Either way he's gotta rise above the twitter/internet nerds who no doubt talk shit about him on a daily basis. He's got 40k twitter follows, can't be doin shit like that.

I fell asleep, so I will answer it now. :p

I don't know, how it works with Starcraft Teams... They are not really a team, they play mostly alone and against each other. I guess they can't get dropped from the team that easy. They are probably under a contract.
I used to watch his stream and it was just ridiculous. He was laddering on the EU ladder and he lost several times against silver and gold players. Don't know, if those players were actually good or he was bad.

And for the second part, it really came out of nowhere. I don't understand, from where his hate come from, but he has a big fanbase and with those comment's you will lose fans and not gain new ones.

To sum it up, I agree with you. It's not what you want to do as a well known person with this amount of fans.

Fuchsdh

I fell asleep, so I will answer it now. :p

I don't know, how it works with Starcraft Teams... They are not really a team, they play mostly alone and against each other. I guess they can't get dropped from the team that easy. They are probably under a contract.
I used to watch his stream and it was just ridiculous. He was laddering on the EU ladder and he lost several times against silver and gold players. Don't know, if those players were actually good or he was bad.

And for the second part, it really came out of nowhere. I don't understand, from where his hate come from, but he has a big fanbase and with those comment's you will lose fans and not gain new ones.

To sum it up, I agree with you. It's not what you want to do as a well known person with this amount of fans.

The SC2 ranking system splits people up by percentiles, but the people in say Platinum are far better than people in Bronze by a magnitude larger than the theoretical 40% population gap. At high levels of play I can see someone in Masters/GM getting beaten by lower players; if they've got their strategies down pat then it becomes a matter of execution and micro.

Overdoziz

Banned
I remember when The Cage only had 2 paths from Red side to Blue side on the map. One of those paths was an enormously long walkway with practically no cover and the other a man cannon that shoots you through the air for everyone to see (and hear).
Uncaged is still garbage but at least it's somewhat improved. I don't know what happened after Halo 2 but Bungie really lost their ability to poop out quality maps.

Duji

Since I already felt confident about the layout, I was actually able to assemble the map over the course of a few days

- Chris Carney, Designer of the Halo: Reach map "The Cage"

I remember reading that awhile back and facepalming so hard.

Blueblur1

I remember when The Cage only had 2 paths from Red side to Blue side on the map. One of those paths was an enormously long walkway with practically no cover and the other a man cannon that shoots you through the air for everyone to see (and hear).
Uncaged is still garbage but at least it's somewhat improved. I don't know what happened after Halo 2 but Bungie really lost their ability to poop out quality maps.

That is absolutely true. With each subsequent game release the map quality dropped. I hope with all the new heads working on Halo 4 that the map quality climbs back up.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
That is absolutely true. With each subsequent game release the map quality dropped. I hope with all the new heads working on Halo 4 that the map quality climbs back up.

As far as I know, Certain Affinity are doing multiplayer maps for Halo 4.

You know, the guys responsible for making condemned lol.

Aren't a lot of the CA guys people who worked on Halo 2 though? That has to be somewhat of a positive thing. Yeah Condemned isn't the greatest, but Highlands is pretty good despite poor weapon placement, and the changes to the Reach versions of the Anniversary maps improved the maps a lot. I think their big problem is they need to tone down the power weapons.

Overdoziz

Banned
Highlands needs a building in the middle connected to the side areas. Then make the bases less campable and you've got a much better map. Putting power weapons in places that aren't terrible wouldn't hurt much either.

Highlands needs a building in the middle connected to the side areas. Then make the bases less campable and you've got a much better map. Putting power weapons in places that aren't terrible wouldn't hurt much either.

Yeah having snipers and rockets both spawn in the base are just asking for people to camp there. Never understood that decision.

TheOddOne

As far as I know, Certain Affinity are doing multiplayer maps for Halo 4.

You know, the guys responsible for making condemned lol.
As far as we know, the maps are being made by 343. Kynan Pearson seems to leading the map designs, evident by why he was at the Rooster Teeth Forge panel.

What we don't know who the DLC maps will be making.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Things no Halo map should have (feel free to add on):

1. shield doors
2. low gravity areas
3. 3 or more different power weapons (there are exceptions

I don't understand why if 343i is the dedicated team for all things Halo, why don't they just create an internal team that only works on post launch content and managing playlists?

1. shield doors
2. low gravity areas
4. promoting only one or two armor abilities over others
5. a design for only one game type
6. spawn points in a frickin' power position. I'm calling you out default zealot!

Added mine :)

I don't understand why if 343i is the dedicated team for all things Halo, why don't they just create an internal team that only works on post launch content and managing playlists?
Who said they do not have one?

I hope Certain Affinity gets to make all new maps only. Please don't have them remake Hang Em High a third time..
Please do not have them remake any map this time. No matter if 343i or Certain Affinity.

kylej

Banned
All 3 maps I've seen from Halo 4 don't look particularly great. Maybe they'll play better but I'm not a huge fan of the layouts. I want small maps...

TheOddOne

Well CA did both post Bungie map packs, and 343 certainly isn't doing anything to the playlists in Reach right now.
They certainly are in charge of the playlists or have you forgotten the changes they made already? Just because they have been uneven in it, doesn't mean they are not in charge of it.

The problem is that their management of the current playlists is appalling, so bad that their other better additions to the playlists are completely dwarfed by how bad it has been handled.

Well CA did both post Bungie map packs, and 343 certainly isn't doing anything to the playlists in Reach right now.
I would not say that Reach's playlist management is a indication how 4's will look like. At the end I am going to wait till I see the first playlists and the first playlist before I'll judge.

That'd be awesome but realistically, remakes are going to happen

Still disappointed that Reach was so remake heavy.
But how should remakes work with 4's gameplay? I am not counting spiritual successors as remakes.

All 3 maps I've seen from Halo 4 don't look particularly great. Maybe they'll play better but I'm not a huge fan of the layouts. I want small maps...

But surely the definition of small has to change given sprint as default. If they put Guardian in Halo 4, pixel for pixel, it would play way worse than in 3.

I think a Boarding Action reimagining with a covenant ships hangar bay on one side, a human ship on the other side, low grav space in the middle, with mancannons between the ships would be pretty awesome.

i could also see a BTB map based around boarding action working. with flying vehicles, and vehicle mancannons to launch over the gap.

Overdoziz

Banned
I think a Boarding Action reimagining with a covenant ships hangar bay on one side, a human ship on the other side, low grav space in the middle, with mancannons between the ships would be pretty awesome.

i could also see a BTB map based around boarding action working. with flying vehicles, and vehicle mancannons to launch over the gap.
And this is how we get terrible maps like Sword Base.

Blueblur1

1. shield doors
2. low gravity areas

Added mine :)
Looking good.
I'm skeptical of Adrift and haven't seen enough of Longbow but I'm fond of Haven. While it is a mid-sized arena map (as opposed to small), it's looking like a decent arena map which is something we haven't gotten in a long time.

And this is how we get terrible maps like Sword Base.

hey don't destroy my dreams :p

i would rather play on boarding action 1000 times before playing on swordbase again.

games should be stupid fun sometimes, if i want to jump a warthog between two ships in space i damn well should be able to.

i would rather play on boarding action 1000 times before playing on swordbase again.

games should be stupid fun sometimes, if i want to jump a warthog between two ships in space i damn well should be able to.

then make a forge map that does that. its like saying 343 should make a griffball map or infection map, or a map with low gravity sections...

343 shouldnt be making stupid fun maps, they should be making maps that flow naturally and are competitive for both teams, be it for 4v4, objectives, or btb

Overdoziz

Banned

Boarding Action is fun when you're playing splitscreen on the couch while being drunk off your ass. Dumb shit like that should not exist for online multiplayer.

Boarding Action is fun when you're playing splitscreen on the couch while being drunk off your ass. Dumb shit like that should not exist for online multiplayer.

Why not? 'That' is Halo for many players. If those people had your shitty attitude, you might hear them say Halo is dead when the things they enjoy aren't in it. It's just not your (or their) call to make.

What you can decide, is if you want to support what Halo IS.

Why not? 'That' is Halo for many players. If those people had your shitty attitude, you might hear them say Halo is dead when the things they enjoy aren't in it. It's just not your (or their) call to make.

What you can decide, is if you want to support what Halo IS.

Because you can make maps that are fun to play like that that also work competitively.

I doubt you care about flow or spawns when you are "playing splitscreen on the couch while being drunk off your ass".

sigh... i swear sometimes you people take this stuff too seriously. do you really think i believe 343 would ever make something like what i suggested? and i never once said the idea i had for a map should be in competitive halo.

doesn't anyone else have a crazy idea for a map they have always wanted to see in halo? even if it would never appear in matchmaking. i cant be the only one.

Because you can make maps that are fun to play like that that also work competitively.

But fun is subjective. To some people, Oddball on Swordbase is fun. Headhunter on Powerhouse, Infection on Boardwalk, Griffball and just about anything. At the same time, what is there to suggest any of those things can't be competitive? Is it because that is also subjective, albeit to a lesser degree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom