• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

watership

Also, all the footage in that trailer is months old and every single scene looks better now.

scannershead.gif

nillapuddin

I've been out of town for one day and the thread went ape.

On page 168 trying to wrap my head around this specialization shit. Armor looks great, although it was absolutely confusing as hell and poor journalism to place one armor set with each specialization. People are going to think the specializations are linked to the armor. :_(

yeah thats a common problem, even though the bulletin did help it still is not a crystal clear image

Atleast they dont form an additional loadout slot, it would be overkill to have 3 perk options
(just realized thats standard procedure in cod)

Tawpgun

It's in engine. Naturally it won't be in gameplay where depth of field is important, but it's real time. In fact I believe everything in that video is in real time game engine, except for the real life shots and the fact that we photoshopped our address to read 343.

Also, all the footage in that trailer is months old and every single scene looks better now.

Perhaps this means getting a depth of field option in theater.

Vire

I just thought of something.

In the E3 demo Chief encounters the Prometheans for the first time correct?

So how does he turn on Promethean Vision at the end of the demo?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

In the E3 demo Chief encounters the Prometheana for the first time correct?

So how does he turn on Prometheana Vision at the end of the demo?

E3 demo compresses events into a short distance/sequence. It is definitely missing context. The area and the discrete events are real, but is obviously far bigger and longer and will play out differently in real life.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

In the E3 demo Chief encounters the Prometheans for the first time correct?

So how does he turn on Promethean Vision at the end of the demo?
I've been wondering that, too. Did he just come across the AA while walking around and pop it in his armor?

I'm imagining Homer Simpson finding a donut here.

heckfu

Banned
E3 demo compresses events into a short distance/sequence. It is definitely missing context. The area and the discrete events are real, but is obviously far bigger and longer and will play out differently in real life.
What's this real life?

Also since I got your attention with that zinger of a line, will specializations be able to be demo'd at PAX?

Pop

It's in engine. Naturally it won't be in gameplay where depth of field is important, but it's real time. In fact I believe everything in that video is in real time game engine, except for the real life shots and the fact that we photoshopped our address to read 343.

Is such a thing even possible?

a zoojoo

Banned

Goddamn frank, its like anytime we drool over some pretty picture you come along and say shit like that and ramp up the hype train by 3000%

Fracas

#fuckonami
Frank, I'm not sure if you can actually answer this, but regarding the spoiler posted earlier:

Please tell me Halsey's return isn't some huge event in the story, and is a very minor thing. It would absolutely suck if there was a big buildup to it and I already knew what was coming.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Frank, I'm not sure if you can actually answer this, but regarding the spoiler posted earlier:

Please tell me Halsey's return isn't some huge event in the story, and is a very minor thing. It would absolutely suck if there was a big buildup to it and I already knew what was coming.
Do you really want to know? Wouldn't that make it worse? Just do your best to not think about it, haha.

Computron

I would think they would be very cautious about selecting clips, and maybe even put in red herrings.

You guys. YOU GUYS. We all agree on something - Vince Gilligan is the man!
So say we all.

Breaking Bad then Dexter/The Walking Dead then Halo 4 :eek:
Win. Win. Win.

Super bonus quadruple epic wintacular if election day goes as I hope.

Never have my gaming emotions been played with more than in the run up to this game.

DeadNames

Banned

This. I really hope this.

It seems silly that they'd put such a big spoiler in a BTS though

10 FPS during campaign confirmed. In all seriousness, if Halo 4 stays at a constant 25+ FPS, I will be VERY impressed. More than I already am.

If 343 puts in a skill-based ranking system of any kind, Halo 4 can be a contender for GOTY for me.

Also Frankie, what color is Chief's visor? In every shot, it looks different. Sometimes it's gold, sometimes it's orange, and sometimes it's purplish (my avatar, for example).

Stinkles

I guarantee you haven't had anything ruined by this snippet. If you want to stay totally dark, ignore these spoilers, but it will become evident it's not really a massive spoiler fairly quickly in November. But again, dark is dark.

senador

Banned

That doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me, plus this:

Do you really want to know? Wouldn't that make it worse? Just do your best to not think about it, haha.

Also, what Stinkles said.

Gah, I don't even know anymore. I'm a lot more upset about this than I should be.
Really hoping so.
Trust me. You Don't want to know. It's a Huge Spoiler to further question it b'cuz a chain of events from what is being pieced of the
Halo 4 Menu
is foreshadowing that scene from what was spoiled earlier. Just Read Glasslands.

CyReN

Something awesome happens in this scene In co-op. Small and dumb but it made me smile.

Fights over who shoves Cortana in their head?

A question out of left field so I stop getting asked every day, any idea when you guys will discuss skill ranks in Halo 4? If not already denied.

Pop

I guarantee you haven't had anything ruined by this snippet. If you want to stay totally dark, ignore these spoilers, but it will become evident it's not really a massive spoiler fairly quickly in November. But again, dark is dark.

Oh man, I think I know what this means.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Ah, okay then. Much appreciated. Dreams no longer crushed.

As long as nothing huge in campaign is revealed in the coming months, I'll refrain from going dark. Stuff like the new vid I can handle. However, it would be great if everything spoiler related could be tagged appropriately, like I've mentioned before.

Also, I guess I shouldn't be speculating on campaign anymore, haha.

senador

Banned
^^ People mess up a lot. I recommend reading thr thread on a delay if that's the case, or stop reading. Shit gets talked about.

Oh man, I think I know what this means.

That we'll find out when we play it at launch or in the FUD series?

FyreWulff

Okay, I'm slowly starting to be convinced that being selected for host is based off your proximity to Seattle. I've consistently pulled host in matchmaking over the past few days and in customs too. That's never happened before.

Vire

I can't believe it looks better than that trailer.

What is this wizardry?

Frankie sold his soul to devil confirmed.

That we'll find out when we play it at launch or in the FUD series?
I'd guess FUD has some nice reveals. Would be nice anyway.

Will FUD have a Davidge score? Or is that being handled by other top people? Couldn't say I latched on to anything from the trailer we saw.

Something awesome happens in this scene In co-op. Small and dumb but it made me smile.
Its stuff like this that gets me spending my time examining fireplaces when I should be shooting covenant. :)

senador

Banned

Stinkles

I'd guess FUD has some nice reveals. Would be nice anyway.

Will FUD have a Davidge score? Or is that being handled by other top people? Couldn't say I latched on to anything from the trailer we saw.

There will be some Davidge themes In there but a different composer for reasons of schedule and format. Which reminds me I watched the 80% finished FUD series in its totality today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom