• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm depressed about the loss of the Grenade Launcher as well, but you guys have got to look at it this way: remember the kickass Trip Mine from the Halo 3 beta? The one that actually killed stuff and could be attached to vehicles and objects? The Sticky Detonator shoots Halo 3 Beta Trip Mines.

Why do people find it necessary to talk about the Sticky Detonator as a reason to calm people over the Grenade Launcher being removed?? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the Sticky Detonator will be fun as shiii to use once people get the hang of it (disregarding the fact that it makes LOUD beeping noises AND flashes ), but that's like comparing the Plasma Launcher and Spartan Laser because you have to charge both.. etc

The Sticky Detonator should not be deemed as the replacement to the Grenade Launcher.. They could've easily slapped a Forerunner skin on the Sticky Detonator and kept the Grenade Launcher in the game. These weapons would be no more redundant to the sandbox as the AR is with the Storm Rifle.

I was once able to say Halo had the best Grenade Launcher in ANY video game since Goldeneye 64.. but then it was removed ;[

That being said, I will gladly smear eggs all over my face if a Grenade Launcher replacement is one of the last remaining weapons yet to be revealed

Hey.. you.. yes, you VVVVVV.. be quiet down there!

Awesome, what did you do in the last part? when foe hammer comes for you, but dies instead.

Did you let him experience that moment?
Yes, and while I killed one Banshee with the chain gun, the other one bombed our Warthog off the bridge, and just like that, he learned to never wait for Foehammer ever again.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
1v1, Plywood vs. Tashi, with Mumei spectating.

It's the only way.

What's happening? I'm confused.

Mumei

Lololololol ur a mod?! I almost...ALMOST made a mean joke about you in the TinyChat. ;]

You play Halo?

You were going to make fun of me for being short weren't you?

Nope.

I just pop into tinychat once in awhile. And apparently quite a few gaffers I like are Halo-GAF.

Hello, Sai, <3

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This has probably already been discussed, but after seeing the jetpack in the recent "Halo 4 shotgun first look" video, we now know for sure that the giant spare tire on Sarge's back in the RvB: Save the Date video was a jetpack, too. After the auto-sentry was mentioned, I thought for sure that's what he was packing, but looks like I was wrong. I wonder why the jetpack is the only AA (so far) with such a blatant cosmetic presence.

Edit : Congrats on the mod-ship, Mumei. When did that happen?

So, here are some pics of the Halo 4 Grunt without a helmet courtesy of Dreeday at the Halo Figure Forum-

Storm01.jpg

Storm02.jpg

Storm08.jpg

Storm012.jpg

Im still not keen on the changes to their limbs, but over all they feel more...alive. Fix the limbs and they would be 'perfect' IMO.

Derp.

Derp.gif

I like the new pallette.

haters_gonna_hate.gif

I like it also, I just hope it has more variety so we don't run into the same visual issues of Forge World.

I wonder if different pallets means a pallet for each environment, or different pallets within those environments

Hopefully this, but I'm expecting the first option.

Man, so sexy.

Well, we haven't seen Promethean Rooks yet. I have a feeling they're going to be even worse than Hunters.

True. Man I wish they had kept with the chess terminology.

Prepare to be disappoint. Although that fake box looks rad. Apart from the 2.

I feel like this can be interpreted in so many ways that it means nothing and everything at the same time.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You were going to make fun of me for being short weren't you?

Nope.

I just pop into tinychat once in awhile. And apparently quite a few gaffers I like are Halo-GAF.

Hello, Sai, <3

Haha no, it wasn't that. It was about reading comprehension lolol

And yea tinychat used to be soooooo awesome. This summer has been pretty weak tho to be honest. HaloGAF is the greatest part of tinyGAF for sure. Oh and Kisaya :p

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
True. Man I wish they had kept with the chess terminology.
Me too. I've said this before, and I know it's kind of an asshole thing to say, but Watchers and Crawlers sound like they were named by a five year old. I nanny/babysit, and so many of the kids I've worked with name their stuffed animals following similar conventions. It's good in that you can immediately understand what is being referenced, but otherwise, it's pretty boring.

*looks up the topic*

June 17th.
Sweet. :)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Oh dear. That's even worse! What'd I do?

Then I s'ppose I will see you again. And halogaf. I mean Sai.

Thanks!

I don't even remember to be honest. Lol. But I like to mess around with people and be an asshole sometimes so it was probably nothing hahaha.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Morning guys. Went to bed at 8:30pm and am up and ready for my flight to Texas (work). Surprised I was able to sleep so early.

Also, I need Halo on a handheld.

GGs all. I didn't realize my mic was dead for the last 2-3 matches.

Oh, and while I was in party chat I could still hear everyone in game :p

Yeah, but I don't think we've heard from any of the people that did the tour yet.

I'm sure Urk said they'd be allowed to talk about it..

Ah okay, must have missed it during my vacation. I would absolutely love to get a tour through Bungie studios.

I guess they probably didn't get to see any Destiny stuff if they're allowed to talk about it.

Striker

I like it also, I just hope it has more variety so we don't run into the same visual issues of Forge World..
Fixed. That was FW's biggest one though, it at least allowed coordinates and phasing. The others did not, and took days to do a simple task. Among being a shit green color and dirt brown/orange.

What Halo 4 Forge absolutely needs is a large, flat surface (FW's "the pocket" but massive). The rest should take care of itself.

Anything Slayer on headlong is terrible
Really no BTB map in the Halo series is great at Slayer, they're always better in some type of objective mode. Certain ones greater than others, obviously (VIP in a ranked BTB, thumbs up).

Duji

Why do people find it necessary to talk about the Sticky Detonator as a reason to calm people over the Grenade Launcher being removed?? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the Sticky Detonator will be fun as shiii to use once people get the hang of it (disregarding the fact that it makes LOUD beeping noises AND flashes ), but that's like comparing the Plasma Launcher and Spartan Laser because you have to charge both.. etc

The Sticky Detonator should not be deemed as the replacement to the Grenade Launcher.. They could've easily slapped a Forerunner skin on the Sticky Detonator and kept the Grenade Launcher in the game. These weapons would be no more redundant to the sandbox as the AR is with the Storm Rifle.

I was once able to say Halo had the best Grenade Launcher in ANY video game since Goldeneye 64.. but then it was removed ;[

That being said, I will gladly smear eggs all over my face if a Grenade Launcher replacement is one of the last remaining weapons yet to be revealed

Hey.. you.. yes, you VVVVVV.. be quiet down there!
You're right. The sticky detonator is definitely not a replacement for the grenade launcher. The grenade launcher was THE best addition to the Reach sandbox because of the niche it filled. The thing that makes the GL unique is the fact that it can fire around angles -- creating a whole new skill gap of timing shots and predicting where it will end up. Where's the weapon that can effectively kill around angles like the GL in reach? And don't say the scattershot...

As for best GL ever... hmm..

The rifle grenade from Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory deserves that title.

Enjoy these obscure clips I found on YouTube.
Complete stompage (high level gameplay): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kpM5KmRBTA
Sick shot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em7VcNlMh60

Either you can write a bunch of complicated UI and logic that determines which films are viewable in the lobby so players don't get confused as to why some of their films load and some do not, or you can set the max party size to 1 and solve the problem immediately.

I'd take option 2 and move on to something that more players actually use.

Well film clips and full films are clearly tagged and easy to identify by the engine. So it clearly wouldn't be hard to recognise when a film clip is about to be played, and there's also a counter in the pregame lobby showing the number of players in the game so I imagine it would be pretty easy to see:

If (lobby.playercount > 1 && media.filetype = film clip){

And disabling the play button and changing the lobby status message isn't exactly difficult considering that theatre mode already has the ability to do so when host is not party leader.

Ultimately full films worked fine and where a great feature, not sure why you would remove that feature just because film clips don't work. Remove the aspect that doesnt work and leave the other aspects.Bungies approach felt like burning down the entire house just because there was a spider in the bathtub.

Elros

Projet Alpha is a video series showing off as many glitches and tricks as possible per campaign level. Started on Halo 3 in 2007 by Team CRéA, it continues today on Halo: Reach.

The first three levels have been published earlier, and can be viewed here :
- Winter Contigency
- ONI Sword Base
- Nightfall

And today is released the fourth episode, on Tip of the Spear, in two parts :
- Part 1
- Part 2

In this episode, you will see some Scarab VS Warthog, Fregate to Fregate, huge out of bounds, lots of fun and Warthog rides, crazy Warthog jumps, monstrous battlefields, et some brand new glitches and tricks !

Hope you enjoy !

Have you seen the household spiders these days?! I would consider doing this.

The spider would probably survive tbh. Not too long ago a spider recreated the famous spiderman 1 scene with me by hanging by the ceiling and trying to kiss my face. I was so close to burning down my house that day!

The spider would probably survive tbh. Not too long ago a spider recreated the famous spiderman 1 scene with me by hanging by the ceiling and trying to kiss my face. I was so close to burning down my house that day!

Lol.

Oh man, I forgot how absolutely horrible the lone wolfs gametypes are in Halo 3. Swords and AR starts slayer.

Sword? Sounds like a weapon built around your skill level. :p

I'll be on H3 around 8 your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom