• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wreaked? I don't get that one.

how about 'pooped on'?

or is that still too much for SensitiveGAF?

Pooped on always makes me laugh.

... you guys realize the game you're talking about revolves around shooting humans in the head with rifles or exploding their bodies with grenades until they scream and collapse on the ground with blood beside them, right?

You realize we're talking about language that alienates a lot of players upon hearing it right? I want to game, not be reminded of that shit.

You rank up to the max rank and from there you can rank up in a certain specialization (Sniper, Assault (?) etc.) and that way you can unlock stuff (emblems, armor pieces, perks etc.) specific to that specialization. Correct?
Some imagery wouldn't hurt. A vidoc of some kind.
That sounds nice and yeah, a 5-7 minutes long MP Vidoc would have been better than having to skim through various Sparkasts, bulletins and whatever in order to know how does the specialization thing works.

Big serious face here.

Half the girls kylej has dated have been pooped on and he finds it incredibly offensive. Please refrain from using that phrase. Thank you in advance.

Tawpgun

That is one of the problems with gaming culture today, not a reason to continue to perpetuate said problem. Use of the term is objectionable in every instance it is used in that context, regardless of how often it is used.

I suggest swapping in wreaked/destroyed/demolished, or perhaps "These fellows are going to beat us by a whole bunch," instead.
Yeah yeah I know. It just happens naturally. I don't use it frequently, but it comes up. It doesn't help that the word simply doesn't affect me. I realize it might have different connotations for women or people with daughters, or people that have been affected by it.

Blueblur1

That is one of the problems with gaming culture today, not a reason to continue to perpetuate said problem. Use of the term is objectionable in every instance it is used in that context, regardless of how often it is used.

I suggest swapping in wreaked/destroyed/demolished, or perhaps "These fellows are going to beat us by a whole bunch," instead.

This.

Enfinit

Pooped on always makes me laugh.

That's probably my most over-used phrase in Halo. I always say "we're gonna get pooped on/we just pooped on them/we got pooped on" before, during, or after nearly every game. Instead of saying "OH GET OUT DMR'D KID", I say "OH GOD HE JUST POOPED HIS PANTS."

The word "poop" is just so funny to hear.

kylej

Banned
"These fellows are going to beat us by a whole bunch?" Really? Do you know how many people are a victim of assault and bullying each year? Physical violence is a serious issue, please don't use the term "beat us", thanks.

That's not their (main) issue. They feel you're perpetuating the normalcy of "rape culture" by casually using it.

Assassinate them instead. Let your enemies and Over feel your supreme wrath.

They are perpetuating violence just by playing Halo.

They shouldn't condone murder like that.

guiz mtw exlusive l33ks from mtw!!

Wcxnm.jpg

also, mtw we have no control over banning/unbanning.

I highly recommend people not bother posting MTW's images here. Ignore him outright.

if we actually got any decent info, I wouldn't give two shits about his leaks. but the last hd footage we got was from E3

They are perpetuating violence just by playing Halo.

They shouldn't condone murder like that.

Juices, considering rape is a very serious issue among frat/college age dudebros, whom are a big subset of video gaming, what do you honestly think treating rape like a joke inevitably does? Do you think many consider it to be serious? Or is it something they yell at whatever woman manages to talk on mic? Should we just get a sense of humor about it? Is that your answer?

Blueblur1

Its incredibly insensitive, barbaric, and disgusting to joke about rape the way people on Live do. Its nothing to joke about and one of them worst things one human being can do to another. Anyone who defends their childish use of the word "rape" is either an ignorant cretin or a monstrous, wretched human being. Please keep that shit out of this thread.

heckfu

Banned
A guy goes to dinner for two hours and his favorite thread devolves into chaos.

"Dont bring up this subject!"
*continues to talk about it*

Trey

Sooo...

Halo 4, eh?

I'm looking to the hinted ViDoc. Please have a MP/Spartan Ops focus.

At this point I'm so apathetic over the entire marketing of Halo 4 I couldn't care less if 343 shut the news train (with a squeaky wheel and finicky engine) down completely and just released H4 amid silence. I'll pre-order it some time between now and then and get it on release day.

GhaleonEB

Wreaked? I don't get that one.

how about 'pooped on'?

or is that still too much for SensitiveGAF?

Wreaked.

I'm not a sensitive person. People objecting are not SensitiveGAF.

Yeah yeah I know. It just happens naturally. I don't use it frequently, but it comes up. It doesn't help that the word simply doesn't affect me. I realize it might have different connotations for women or people with daughters, or people that have been affected by it.

My hope is that we will one day be able to expand your list to, those who stop for a moment to consider the term. I do have two daughters, and rape culture in gaming is one reason I have their ability to hear others online disabled.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Have to say Squid, Austin has been awesome. Our host has brought us to some awesome places. Went out to The Oasis tonight with drinks and meal on the house, pretty amazing views.

We may know who is ddosing us.

dis gunna b gud.

The tension rises!

But seriously, glad you guys may have be able to do something about it.

Except at comic-con and on the latest Sparkast.

To be fair, the details have been stringed out from different magazine coverage to events like e3 and comic-con, and we have had to put the pieces together ourselves. While we may have a fairly decent idea of how things work, we have very little context at times which is a little frustrating. I understand that you guys have shown us a ton, and explained stuff a bunch, but its the strung out manner that has led to the confusion and frustration, hence the vocal want for ViDocs and trailers explaining things.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Yeah, I'll never understand this. I mean, you don't have to be good at the game to realise that the enemy team are still waiting there and that you haven't been able to kill them yet. You'd think they'd eventually try a new approach. But nope, "I'll get'em this time!" lol

On swat, going up backwards to take out left and right side campers is a skill with a high percentage success rate, at least for me. I absolutely LOVE getting those kills and wither clearing or messing with their setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom