• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't remember Tom Morello being this polarizing.
Heckfu: Why's he banned, Dad?
Plyfu: Because we have to hate him.
Heckfu: He didn't do anything wrong.
Plyfu: Because he's the leaker HaloGAF deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they'll ban him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our leaker. He's a silent tweeter, a watchful lurker. A dark barn.

Sai-kun

Banned
That is one of the problems with gaming culture today, not a reason to continue to perpetuate said problem. Use of the term is objectionable in every instance it is used in that context, regardless of how often it is used.

I suggest swapping in wreaked/destroyed/demolished, or perhaps "These fellows are going to beat us by a whole bunch," instead.

ugh what about my freedom of speech >:||||| u cant take away my rights!!

Kuroyume

Banned
He's released more than your employers have.

tumblr_m6x45n2fW21qz4f4uo1_500.gif

BigShow36

That is one of the problems with gaming culture today, not a reason to continue to perpetuate said problem. Use of the term is objectionable in every instance it is used in that context, regardless of how often it is used.

I suggest swapping in wreaked/destroyed/demolished, or perhaps "These fellows are going to beat us by a whole bunch," instead.

Oh please. Someone posted a GIF of a baby being tossed in the air and shot with a shotgun, with the ensuing gore splattering everywhere earlier today and there was barely a peep. That comment would have gotten zero attention at all if you replace "rape" with "murder."

But someone says something about "rape" sarcastically and suddenly we've crossed the moral line? It's not "the problem with gaming culture," it's an inherent problem with anonymous online websites and people in general; sometimes we're pretty insensitive, even if we don't mean to be.

Juices, considering rape is a very serious issue among frat/college age dudebros, whom are a big subset of video gaming, what do you honestly think treating rape like a joke inevitably does? Do you think many consider it to be serious? Or is it something they yell at whatever woman manages to talk on mic? Should we just get a sense of humor about it? Is that your answer?

And first-person shooters are murder trainers desensitizing us to shooting people.

I get it, "rape" is the online buzzword that we're supposed to get offended about right now, just like only white people can be racists, etc., etc. I just hope people can come to grips with the fact that when you're online, you need to put things in context and just roll your eyes instead of pretending like every stupid comment requires pages of moral outrage and gnashing of teeth.

I get it, "rape" is the online buzzword that we're supposed to get offended about right now, just like only white people can be racists, etc., etc. I just hope people can come to grips with the fact that when you're online, you need to put things in context and just roll your eyes instead of pretending like every stupid comment requires pages of moral outrage and gnashing of teeth.

Nah you don't get it. I don't want to bog down Halo gaf in this tripe but if you know better there is no reason you should be saying "Get raped" to anyone.

-comment-

LOL the mods were definitely waiting for the PRIME moment to ban this dude..

-comment-

Just about my thoughts exactly.. Look at my previous quote, I think it was just an opportune moment to ban him because of his leaks/way of handling himself. This community is so damn biased and unfriendly at times that it's sickening, but that's a whole other discussion so I digress :]

That's probably my most over-used phrase in Halo. I always say "we're gonna get pooped on/we just pooped on them/we got pooped on" before, during, or after nearly every game. Instead of saying "OH GET OUT DMR'D KID", I say "OH GOD HE JUST POOPED HIS PANTS."

The word "poop" is just so funny to hear.

hahah I use that shit
(no pun intended)
all the time too :B

Caja 117

NINJA EDIT: I decided not to keep fading the thread with this current topic; onto Halo, and we need new Halo 4 stuff, I really dont understand why we have got almost nothing from 343 about Halo 4.

Sai-kun

Banned

JrKTK.gif

What? Where's the thread with this gif? Has to be fake.

It was from a day or two ago. The gif was from a movie, and it was pretty gross.

GhaleonEB

Oh please. Someone posted a GIF of a baby being tossed in the air and shot with a shotgun, with the ensuing gore splattering everywhere earlier today and there was barely a peep. That comment would have gotten zero attention at all if you replace "rape" with "murder."
Multiple people objected, and a mod edited the .gif out of the posts. (At least, from when it was posted yesterday in here; I've missed much of today's conversation.)

But someone says something about "rape" sarcastically and suddenly we've crossed the moral line? It's not "the problem with gaming culture," it's an inherent problem with anonymous online websites and people in general; sometimes we're pretty insensitive, even if we don't mean to be.
Using the term in that context on GAF will get you banned, because it is inappropriate.

Rape culture in gaming is not funny, and attitudes such as yours are part of the problem. I think you are deeply misguided and could not be more wrong.

Ryaaan14

Banned
The word rape coming into any thread seems to have the same effect as seeing Death's bony fingertips curling behind your bedroom door.

Fracas

#fuckonami
yeah please.

nobody even commented on my terrible awesome SMG idea.
I read it :D I'd be cool with it too. In fact, I'd be completely fine if dual wielding came back in the sense that small arms always came in pairs.

Also, screw it, putting my two cents in on what happened tonight.
I don't use the word "raped" when I play games because I know it offends people. It personally doesn't bother me, but I will always respect peoples' views on the matter, so I just don't say it.

One more thing: anymore leaks? And I also saw that the guys DDOSing The Halo Council were maybe caught? Good to hear.

Sure is a lot of non-Halo talk in the OT: Halo 7. Yet members complain about Waypoint forums content...

To move things back to Halo chatter...

The latest Part 1 of Halo Council interview with David Ellis it was confirmed by David Ellis that some hands on player(s) found "some" easter eggs in the one playable mission of Spartan Ops at San Diego Comic Con.

Jump to the exact David Ellis quote at 3 mins 17 seconds

The Hunt Is On! Let's do this and find those easter eggs...

I'm willing to sponsor some MS points to add some fun too. First confirmed easter egg wins.

I'll PM the redemption code to the finder of the first Spartan Ops easter egg.

So far we have the following videos to search through:
YouTubeVideo1
YouTubeVideo2
YouTubeVideo3
YouTubeVideo4
YouTubeVideo5
YouTubeVideo6
YouTubeVideo7
YouTubeVideo8
YouTubeVideo9
YouTubeVideo10
YouTubeVideo11
YouTubeVideo12
YouTubeVideo13
YouTubeVideo14
YouTubeVideo15
YouTubeVideo16
YouTubeVideo17
YouTubeVideo18

Original Waypoint Thread Link

Rape culture in gaming is not funny, and attitudes such as yours are part of the problem. I think you are deeply misguided and could not be more wrong.

So he deserves an instant ban for that post? Doesn't it seem a little strange how quickly that ban was dished out or am I missing something? Don't get me wrong, sure what BigShow is saying may not be the best way of handling the gaming culture but taking it to the extreme like some of you sure isn't the best way of handling it either, in this context obviously.

-comment-

Yehh! Thanks ;]

BigShow36

I never said it was funny, nor do I ever use the term. You're arguing that frivolous use of the word "rape" has somehow created a "rape culture in gaming," when it's just people being stupid. We're playing games where we physically shoot other people, murder them, get rewarded for it, and then gloat about it. If we're going to pretend that online video game behavior is somehow indicitive of cultural behavior, how is saying "rape" more morally offensive than that?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Why is it that when I'm watching Batman for the first time I'm thinking of HaloGAF? I hate you guys.

Sorry for no stream Karl. Pretty damn tired, got work early tomorrow. Probably won't stream until the weekend to be honest.

Sai-kun

Banned
So he deserves an instant ban for that post? Doesn't it seem a little strange how quickly that ban was dished out or am I missing something? Don't get me wrong, sure what BigShow is saying may not be the best way of handling the gaming culture but taking it to the extreme like some of you sure isn't the best way of handling it either, in this context obviously.

Maybe he was joking, but he should have labeled it as such or...actually told a joke.

He said "Rape is funny". How is that NOT ban worthy?

Ramirez

If you're gonna get banned, at least be funny, such a non event! Even if he was being sarcastic, it was just a stupid post.

BigShow36

Maybe he was joking, but he should have labeled it as such or...actually told a joke.

And so did you. What's the difference? The context that a few people may have taken it in? If someone just read your post and interpreted it incorrectly, do you suddenly deserve to be banned and everyone get out their pitchforks for the word "rape?"

And so did you. What's the difference? The context that a few people may have taken it in? If someone just read your post and interpreted it incorrectly, do you suddenly deserve to be banned and every getout their pitchforks for the word "rape?"

The difference is he's a junior who more than likely already had complaints levied against him. That said why not take this shit up with the mods.

Ramirez

Someone tell me how I can get 200k cR as fast as possible doing as little as possible. Thanks in advans.

Team Objective seems to be the best Cr payout place these days. I only get like 2500 for a FF match, but can usually average 5-8K for a TO match...

You people need to understand that people do incredibly awkward and stupid things to fit in with a group of people and feel welcomed. Sure what he said was extremely foolish, but to ban him off that alone? Come on.. I'm not trying to tell anyone how to do their jobs, but I think this could've been handled differently with a warning/editing of his post..

heckfu

Banned
If you're gonna get banned, at least be funny, such a non event! Even if he was being sarcastic, it was just a stupid post.
This post sums it up well. Can we all just read it and move along? I'm tired of reading the same arguments back and forth; this place isn't about changing people's minds obviously.

Sai-kun

Banned
And so did you. What's the difference? The context that a few people may have taken it in? If someone just read your post and interpreted it incorrectly, do you suddenly deserve to be banned and everyone get out their pitchforks for the word "rape?"

there's a defense force for everything
emot-allears.gif

Anyways, slightly more on-topic. Does PAX always take place during labor day weekend?

nice

Karl2177

Why is it that when I'm watching Batman for the first time I'm thinking of HaloGAF? I hate you guys.

Sorry for no stream Karl. Pretty damn tired, got work early tomorrow. Probably won't stream until the weekend to be honest.
That's fine. I just needed something to distract me from everything going on in here. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom