• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverHeat

« generous god »
You people need to understand that people do incredibly awkward and stupid things to fit in with a group of people and feel welcomed. Sure what he said was extremely foolish, but to ban him off that alone? Come on.. I'm not trying to tell anyone how to do their jobs, but I think this could've been handled differently with a warning/editing of his post..
Your fighting against something you cant win here buddy.

FyreWulff

You people need to understand that people do incredibly awkward and stupid things to fit in with a group of people and feel welcomed. Sure what he said was extremely foolish, but to ban him off that alone? Come on.. I'm not trying to tell anyone how to do their jobs, but I think this could've been handled differently with a warning/editing of his post..

He also made screenshots of his MS Network Test copy of 4 with loadouts named "N**** Killer". After he got banned, he named his first screenshot N*****-1.jpg .

Inevitable, really. Still lashing out at the world for being arrested for trying to steal Breach's code at PAX.

edit: A good playlist for cR payouts is 4-man Firefight. Mmm, game complete.

Someone tell me how I can get 200k cR as fast as possible doing as little as possible. Thanks in advans.
There's a method with custom challenges that nets a lot of cR quickly. I don't remember the exact set-up, but there's a thread on Waypoint detailing it (it involves target locator on oni swordbase.)

Good luck navigating waypoint's forums though.

Tawpgun

He also made screenshots of his MS Network Test copy of 4 with loadouts named "N**** Killer". After he got banned, he named his first screenshot N*****-1.jpg .

Inevitable, really. Still lashing out at the world for being arrested for trying to steal Breach's code at PAX.

In his defense, it turned out to be a terrible game.

Fracas

#fuckonami

The joke was on him, Breach is terrible

edit: damn you tawpgun!

It's the way NeoGAF operates. Step out of line and you receive a ban. It makes the forums a much better place. The problem is that community threads such as this aren't able to receive the same treatment.

Heckfu: Why's he banned, Dad?
Plyfu: Because we have to hate him.
Heckfu: He didn't do anything wrong.
Plyfu: Because he's the leaker HaloGAF deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they'll ban him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our leaker. He's a silent tweeter, a watchful lurker. A dark barn.

Haha nice. Batman is stuck in my head 24/7 right now.

As for that other discussion. Respect others and we all win?

Homeboyd

There's a method with custom challenges that nets a lot of cR quickly. I don't remember the exact set-up, but there's a thread on Waypoint detailing it (it involves target locator on oni swordbase.)

Good luck navigating waypoint's forums though.
I've got a method that'll net you 20k cR about every 5-7 min. But eh.. it's just not fun. Was looking for more genuine ways to earn it, but it just takes sooo long. And I don't play much anymore.

I'd post the challenge set-up I know about at least, but last time I (we) did, it got nerfed so fast. I'm sure they're aware of it anyways since like you said.. it's probably on Waypoint somewhere. I don't know if it's the same method though.

Edit: Fyre, he's talking to you

Your fighting against something you cant win here buddy.

I know man, thing is I just want people to know (or at least plant a thought) that cliques and tight communities are not very welcoming when many people share the same mentality. It's not about winning IMO because I know he's not going to be unbanned, it's more about just voicing out over something I feel some people are taking to the extreme and anyone with a different opinion will be obliterated unless someone else helps them out.

I just don't like bullying is all.. not saying that's what was happening here, but I saw a steady rise against the thoughts BigShow/etc. expressed.

while we're at it, can we ban unknown too?

LMFAO! See what I mean Over?

-EDIT-

-comment-

So I can't defend myself? Why is that always perceived negatively by people? lol hilarious.. Welp, later people :]

FyreWulff

I've got a method that'll net you 20k cR about every 5-7 min. But eh.. it's just not fun. Was looking for more genuine ways to earn it, but it just takes sooo long. And I don't play much anymore.

I'd post the challenge set-up I know about at least, but last time I (we) did, it got nerfed so fast. I'm sure they're aware of it anyways since like you said.. it's probably on Waypoint somewhere. I don't know if it's the same method though.

How are custom challenges supposed to pay out anyway? During the Grunt bonus weekend it seemed like it'd only give me like 20k of the challenges and then would just drop the rest.

They should do the grunt weekend again.

I know man, thing is I just want people to know (or at least plant a thought) that cliques and tight communities are not very welcoming when many people share the same mentality. It's not about winning IMO because I know he's not going to be unbanned, it's more about just voicing out over something I feel some people are taking to the extreme and anyone with a different opinion will be obliterated unless someone else helps them out.

I just don't like bullying is all.. not saying that's what was happening here, but I saw a steady rise against the thoughts BigShow/etc. expressed.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=9823
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=8766

Discuss it with one of those two.

Simply put the discussion here about his moderation is skirting the line. You're best off either talking to mods about it or shutting up since whining about moderator actions is also a bannable offense.

Homeboyd

How are custom challenges supposed to pay out anyway? During the Grunt bonus weekend it seemed like it'd only give me like 20k of the challenges and then would just drop the rest.

They should do the grunt weekend again.
DEFINITELY agree. 35 grunts = 5000 cR

And they definitely all pay out. I believe they are supposed to pay out at the end of the timer set on the custom challenge. But, they typically pay out within a few minutes of turning the challenge in. So, for instance, on that weekend you could set up 4 challenges, each netting you 5k cR and the turn them in as you progressed. The grunt challenge would complete 4-5 times before the other 4 would, so you would just keep turning that challenge in and recreate it while you progressed through the others.

After a while (way before the first 3 hour time limit expired), you'd start to see your cR meter on Waypoint fill up. Pretty quickly too... Even still, I have never once hit the rank cap at any stage of the game. Ever.

Once that weekend challenge stopped, I didn't mess with it anymore as the real money maker was the grunt challenge. The others take a lot longer to do and now instead of 35 grunt hero kills, you need 175 to equal the payout.

Wow can we all stop talking about this now, please?

I'd recommend just setting up customs that complement whatever playlist you're in. For example, challenges for kills, assists, medals and headshots would be good for oddball-GAF.

Dude just drop it. I posted a not so friendly picture in like my first week here. I didn't find it offensive, others did. I accepted that, apologized and moved on. Since then I've tried my best to be a solid member and contributer to this community. I see you constantly engaging in arguments against those who have been here longer. Why do it? Be yourself, ignore stuff you don't agree with, and stop picking fights. If you don't like the way people are treating you, then maybe take a quick look to see how you are treating them.

FyreWulff

DEFINITELY agree. 35 grunts = 5000 cR

And they definitely all pay out. I believe they are supposed to pay out at the end of the timer set on the custom challenge. But, they typically pay out within a few minutes of turning the challenge in. So, for instance, on that weekend you could set up 4 challenges, each netting you 5k cR and the turn them in as you progressed. The grunt challenge would complete 4-5 times before the other 4 would, so you would just keep turning that challenge in and recreate it while you progressed through the others.

After a while (way before the first 3 hour time limit expired), you'd start to see your cR meter on Waypoint fill up. Pretty quickly too... Even still, I have never once hit the rank cap at any stage of the game. Ever.

Once that weekend challenge stopped, I didn't mess with it anymore as the real money maker was the grunt challenge. The others take a lot longer to do and now instead of 35 grunt hero kills, you need 175 to equal the payout.

Yeah, even on the Grunt weekend I never hit the cR cap, and have never hit it even once. I'm actually only 200,000cR or so away from ranking up to Eclipse. I'm not in a rush to get it because I'm pretty sure that's the rank I'm going to be stuck in for the rest of Reach's run, even though I could get it with just two days of maxed cR :lol

BigShow36

The difference is he's a junior who more than likely already had complaints levied against him. That said why not take this shit up with the mods.

Because its not him getting banned that I think is hypocritical and counterproductive; I give zero shits about his actual ban.

Anyway, I'm done with it.

So anyways.. MC compared to a Spartan IV via McFarlane toys. Credit goes to Dreeday @ Halofigures.net

Warrior07.jpg

Warrior08.jpg

Warrior09.jpg

Seems Spartan IVs are close to Spartan II height and only ever so slightly smaller assuming the toys represent the scale accurately. Speaking of scale, the new Halo 4 toys are out of scale compared to the Reach toys.. MC is noticeably smaller that the Spartan III's which is too bad..

Sure is a lot of non-Halo talk in the OT: Halo 7. Yet members complain about Waypoint forums content...

To move things back to Halo chatter...

The latest Part 1 of Halo Council interview with David Ellis it was confirmed by David Ellis that some hands on player(s) found "some" easter eggs in the one playable mission of Spartan Ops at San Diego Comic Con.

Jump to the exact David Ellis quote at 3 mins 17 seconds

The Hunt Is On! Let's do this and find those easter eggs...

I'm willing to sponsor some MS points to add some fun too. First confirmed easter egg wins.

I'll PM the redemption code to the finder of the first Spartan Ops easter egg.

So far we have the following videos to search through:
YouTubeVideo1
YouTubeVideo2
YouTubeVideo3
YouTubeVideo4
YouTubeVideo5
YouTubeVideo6
YouTubeVideo7
YouTubeVideo8
YouTubeVideo9
YouTubeVideo10
YouTubeVideo11
YouTubeVideo12
YouTubeVideo13
YouTubeVideo14
YouTubeVideo15
YouTubeVideo16
YouTubeVideo17
YouTubeVideo18

Original Waypoint Thread Link

Wait, are those 18 unique videos of Spartan Ops? I thought there was only like 4 or 5 in total.

Karl2177

Can I make a modest request? By this time tomorrow, can we iron out some basic ground rules on what we should and shouldn't post about OT-wise. This has finally reached a new level when we have people forum copping about forum copping(ironic, I know), posting spoilers without context or spoiler tags, arguing about shotgun baby gifs, and whatever else. You know it's gotten out of hand when I complain about the off-topic-ness of the thread. It could only be worse if Elzar was complaining about it...

That said, I'm out for the night. GG's to Sai and chaos who I played with waaay earlier in the evening(since I quit out of that terribad Headhunter game).

Can I make a modest request? By this time tomorrow, can we iron out some basic ground rules on what we should and shouldn't post about OT-wise. This has finally reached a new level when we have people forum copping about forum copping(ironic, I know), posting spoilers without context or spoiler tags, arguing about shotgun baby gifs, and whatever else. You know it's gotten out of hand when I complain about the off-topic-ness of the thread. It could only be worse if Elzar was complaining about it...

That said, I'm out for the night. GG's to Sai and chaos who I played with waaay earlier in the evening(since I quit out of that terribad Headhunter game).

The rule should be as simple as don't be a fucking douchebag but that's never specific enough.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Sure is a lot of non-Halo talk in the OT: Halo 7. Yet members complain about Waypoint forums content...

To move things back to Halo chatter...

The latest Part 1 of Halo Council interview with David Ellis it was confirmed by David Ellis that some hands on player(s) found "some" easter eggs in the one playable mission of Spartan Ops at San Diego Comic Con.

Jump to the exact David Ellis quote at 3 mins 17 seconds

The Hunt Is On! Let's do this and find those easter eggs...

I'm willing to sponsor some MS points to add some fun too. First confirmed easter egg wins.

I'll PM the redemption code to the finder of the first Spartan Ops easter egg.

So far we have the following videos to search through:
YouTubeVideo1
YouTubeVideo2
YouTubeVideo3
YouTubeVideo4
YouTubeVideo5
YouTubeVideo6
YouTubeVideo7
YouTubeVideo8
YouTubeVideo9
YouTubeVideo10
YouTubeVideo11
YouTubeVideo12
YouTubeVideo13
YouTubeVideo14
YouTubeVideo15
YouTubeVideo16
YouTubeVideo17
YouTubeVideo18

Original Waypoint Thread Link

Biggy and I already found some of those easter eggs so where's our MS points? :D

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Proof, so I can fact check please. I'll happily hand out some MS points once I can fact check. Cheers.

I'm not actually asking for points, haha, just letting you know. David said there were some folks who'd poked around the mission multiple times to get access to stuff that wasn't announced yet and we did just that. :p

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm not actually asking for points, haha, just letting you know. David said there were some folks who'd poked around the mission multiple times to get access to stuff that wasn't announced yet and we did just that. :p
So you're going to PM me the deets, right?

I take it that means stuff like Promethean Grenade, Sniper, etc? Or is there more..

Oh god, on another note I had a thought.. I want to fight Grunts... with jump packs. Just imagine.

Aren't we the coy one...Care to share with this rest of us?

No worries on MS points, you're welcome to them if you want. It's just a fun thing I started after watching the Halo Council video.

senador

Banned
The rule should be as simple as don't be a fucking douchebag but that's never specific enough.

So much this. OT stuff is bound to happen as a community grows and people learn more about each other. I don't see a problem as long as people remain respectful to some degree.

I've missed a lot lately. Was that the real MTW? Glad to see him banned, I never liked that dude and thought the barn video was dumb.

daedalius

My silly picture post was completely drown in a frothy mixture of... well, the previous debate.

Should have waited till morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom