• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

:( I go away to eat and miss all the juicy Halsey debate canon talk. Figures.

Anyone on Reach right now?

I get the top of the last two pages, apparently. Go me?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Pretty good podcast guys. How is it only 7?!

Thanks. That was episode 8. And it's harder than it seems to put a whole show together.

Thanks for listening everyone. Any criticism/comments/feedback should go in the gaming side thread specific to the episode. I would really appreciate that.

Protein chopper confirmed for matchmaking?!

341px-ElectricBlender.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
:( I go away to eat and miss all the juicy Halsey debate canon talk. Figures.

Well, you could chime in still, would be interesting hear what you have to say. Though you'll have to figure out what i'd answer by yourself since i've said what i have to say on this matter.
For now anyway, The Thursday War may add something to this.

One thing though, in Reach Halsey is clearly obsessed with her research, though she justly notes it may well be the best chance humanity has.

Thanks. That was episode 8. And it's harder than it seems to put a whole show together.

Thanks for listening everyone. Any criticism/comments/feedback should go in the gaming side thread specific to the episode. I would really appreciate that.

Yea no I mean 7oclock. My jobs boring as shit lol. I imagine a lot of work goes into these they are quite long and informative.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I just found there are fileshares that let you get match-made achievements on custom game?

You can get a few achievements - the defiant ones i think, just by saving the game type from matchmaking and loading up a custom game on a suitable map and get them that way.

It's a well known bug that they won't ever fix.

I just found there are fileshares that let you get match-made achievements on custom game?
I recall during one of the DLCs you could download one of the Bungie stamped gametypes and do the achievement requirement in customs and have it pop. Don't think it applies to them across the board.

Homeboyd

I don't see the problem. Dat Peruvian pistol goes pretty hard in the paint too. Can't wait to see more of it.

Does bippity boppity not accurately describe the pythonian transport thingy whopper they do?

Bsigg12

Just finished reading Halo Cryptum (a little late, I know) but wow. Greg Bear is an excellent author. I'm excited for Primordium now.

PooBone

HEY! Dragons Dogma is my GOTY, take it back I say!
Mock if wrong, but did 343 say all pre-order/LE DLC will be available on the marketplace at some point?
I really want Fotus, Recruit and Locus...

I like that people can play games and call it bad while others can play and love it. It just shows that tastes in games in broad enough to leave enough room for all these products. My GOTY so far is Journey, and I thought Dragons Dogma was really bad, but I also loved Deadly Premonition. To each his own, eh?

Well, you could chime in still, would be interesting hear what you have to say. Though you'll have to figure out what i'd answer by yourself since i've said what i have to say on this matter.
For now anyway, The Thursday War may add something to this.

One thing though, in Reach Halsey is clearly obsessed with her research, though she justly notes it may well be the best chance humanity has.

My views have pretty much already been covered by you guys. I think she's a bitch. That about sums it up, I think. Not a huge fan. Different authors have handled her different ways, but overall I don't agree with many of her decisions. They're selfish and pathetic. Treating the Spartans more as her kids than her own kid? Doesn't make much sense, but whatever. Add the fact she basically treats Cortana as her daughter while her own daughter gets nothing, and it just makes me laugh. Oh well.

Just finished reading Halo Cryptum (a little late, I know) but wow. Greg Bear is an excellent author. I'm excited for Primordium now.

Prepare to be bored. For a long time. Roughly 200-250 pages or so of boredom.

Guess some people found the beta on the dashboard or something, not sure if it's legit.

Its been on the servers since like .. May. You can find the link to it in about 10 seconds if you wanted. You just cant download it. It needs a code.

Marketplace.

Seems legit.

Or does that program trawl through the Marketplace for the content? Either way, what does this even mean for anyone?

Nothing. I doubt people will be able to pull the content from the servers at all.

Blueblur1

So Major Nelson and David (and probably other Xbox folks) are headed to the GameStop managers convention which is being held this week in San Antonio. I wonder if we'll get any leaks. There's always someone filming at that thing when they shouldn't be.

My views have pretty much already been covered by you guys. I think she's a bitch. That about sums it up, I think. Not a huge fan. Different authors have handled her different ways, but overall I don't agree with many of her decisions. They're selfish and pathetic. Treating the Spartans more as her kids than her own kid? Doesn't make much sense, but whatever. Add the fact she basically treats Cortana as her daughter while her own daughter gets nothing, and it just makes me laugh. Oh well.

Prepare to be bored. For a long time. Roughly 200-250 pages or so of boredom.

I tend to think she was simply too busy with her work and all to give Miranda a proper upbringing; it's why she turned her over to her father.

If he thought Cryptum was exciting, then he'll think the same for Primordium. They're basically the same.

Its the MS wide take home build, The one from the MTW leaks. Its OLD.

If it could be pulled from the Servers like the Reach.XCP was then this may be something but i doubt it can be. Hell the link is dead now. Its never leaking unless one of the "MTW" crew or a MS Employee uploads it.

You have a higher chance of the Gold build leaking honestly. That's certainly going to leak at least a few days before launch.

mhi

Most of the perks/specs have been previously accomplished through the use of team communication and learned experience.

Getting ambushed ? Call out your position/teamates can see your waypoint turning red/yellow. No need for a HLS.

Ordinance drop location ? Teammates can call out where it is.
Nemesis/Promithean/Awareness_Upgrade ? Teammates calling out opponents' position/direction and the rest filled in with map knowledge.

I don't think most of these belong in VS multiplayer but if its making gameplay more adaptable(COD is the king of this) then 343 is trying.

Top Bottom