• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Nothing new, just my laptop, video camera, and some mics. More gear than I've taken before, but but I plan on recording a ton of video.

Oh ok. Planning on doing any field reporting? Maybe some interviews. Maybe a bunch of "I'm so and so, you're watching HaloGAF Radio" That would be cool.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I know I'm hyped for a game when I'm looking through my syllabi today to see how my college work will line up with release day for Halo 4.

God help me, at least it's the last semester before I get my BA.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Duncan, where did you get the image for the shirt? Just wondering if I can find mine somewhere.

EDIT: Alien, I took the 6th off today because I have too much vacation. :p

Oh ok. Planning on doing any field reporting? Maybe some interviews. Maybe a bunch of "I'm so and so, you're watching HaloGAF Radio" That would be cool.

That's the plan. Hopefully I'll run into a few 343 devs willing to put up with some quick questions.

Duncan, where did you get the image for the shirt? Just wondering if I can find mine somewhere.

EDIT: Alien, I took the 6th off today because I have too much vacation. :p

Can't remember what I used as a reference. I think there are a few emblem generators online, but for anything at a decent resolution you'll have to do it by hand.

Tawpgun

You won tickets to an event whose goal is to end poverty through ticket sales? Uhh...

Nope. It was free. I think there are "VIP" tickets that you have to pay for that get you closer... I think...

Otherwise, its a fundrasing event. All the bands are playing for free.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That's the plan. Hopefully I'll run into a few 343 devs willing to put up with some quick questions.

Can't remember what I used as a reference. I think there are a few emblem generators online, but for anything at a decent resolution you'll have to do it by hand.

I can't wait to live PAX through you and the videos! :lol

Also, totally wanna get some HaloGAF Radio shirts printed out with our names on the back. That would be too cool.

I know you guys hate when people ask if anythings happened lately, but the internet here has been so bad that I lose connection every couple of minutes and it has been literally impossible to keep up. It really annoying, I know. But anything headline worthy lately?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I know you guys hate when people ask if anythings happened lately, but the internet here has been so bad that I lose connection every couple of minutes and it has been literally impossible to keep up. It really annoying, I know. But anything headline worthy lately?
Unicorn armor exclusive for folks who buy the H4 console. That's about all we've had since the last weekly bulletin.

Unicorn armor exclusive for folks who buy the H4 console. That's about all we've had since the last weekly bulletin.

We also learned that Wu thinks we're all too stupid
love you Wu
to post on his site and that juices is actually a Rolling Stone-level combat zone reporter.

EDIT: I'm getting on now.

Wait. ODST and Unicorn Armor what?

Unicorn Emblem right?
ODST .... ?

Just rederring to the Recruit and how it looks like ODST armor and FOTUS and how its all horny.

Halo_4_Limited_Edition_Contents_Digital_Download.jpeg

Edit* Pic fixed, lol
Halo_4_Xbox_360_13453344734516.jpg

"The brain works more like a muscle than we thought," Blake says. "So if you're pinned in a corner for too long listening to someone being negative, you're more likely to behave that way as well."

Even worse, being exposed to too much complaining can actually make you dumb. Research shows that exposure to 30 minutes or more of negativity--including viewing such material on TV--actually peels away neurons in the brain's hippocampus. "That's the part of your brain you need for problem solving," he says. "Basically, it turns your brain to mush."

I'm keeping you guys healthy. Who knew? :lol

But if you're running a company, don't you need to hear about anything that may have gone wrong? "There's a big difference between bringing your attention to something that's awry and a complaint," Blake says. "Typically, people who are complaining don't want a solution; they just want you to join in the indignity of the whole thing. You can almost hear brains clink when six people get together and start saying, 'Isn't it terrible?' This will damage your brain even if you're just passively listening. And if you try to change their behavior, you'll become the target of the complaint."

Go Team Downer!!!

Source contained within.

And to think I was about to take a long break from posting here.

I'm keeping you guys healthy. Who knew? :lol

Go Team Downer!!!

Source contained within.

And to think I was about to take a long break from posting here.

I'm always skeptical about taking things from someone off a .com selling a book*

*This negative post may be harmful to your health. Please do not read if you are pregnant or plan on becoming pregnant.**

**This warning was a little negative, sorry.

My ideal system would be this.

Armor A - Unlocked at beginning.

Armor B - Unlocked as part of the normal unlocks relatively easily.

Armor C - Unlocked relatively later on in the Player Investment system.

Where;

A is the specific preorder bonus you availed of.

B are the 'basic' armor sets everyone has to unlock.

And C are the armor unlocks that are reserved for some other retailer's preorder bonus.

I just want to go on the record and say edition limited stuff is stupid but console exclusive shit is really stupid. Nobody needs another console.

Question for Stinkles/Dellis: are map names baked into the data of the Halo 4 disc(s)? Let me explain.

Let's say, somehow, a typo gets past every reviewer and a map named Requiem gets labeled as Requeim on the disc. Is this stuck like this forever, or could you, say, release a basic/title update that would correct this?

Also, Frankie, where's your avatar from and does it come in a higher resolution?

malfcn

I just want to go on the record and say edition limited stuff is stupid but console exclusive shit is really stupid. Nobody needs another console.

Yah. But welcome to every other game. Rewarding the fans has turned into pulling on their heart strings. They are doing as much as a favor for them, as they are lining their coffers.

I hope 343i is doing a community challenge for unlocking the Limited Edition/Console armor later in the game. Let me explain. One weekend, 343i says "Community, get 1,00,000 kills this weekend, if you succeed, we will unlock the FOTUS armor for you guys." Would be pretty neat. BioWare is doing the same with ME3 MP.

Dammit.

Anyone here who's getting the Console willing to trade their FOTUS armor for something? :p

I know you were joking but this is exactly whats going to happen. The Epic forums were swamped with people swapping and getting ripped off for pre order exclusive characters.

I believe its a publisher thing, forcing pre order, console exclusives etc.

The whole thing is a joke. Just let everyone have access to all the armour/skins.

Calling it now, armour/skins on ebay, people getting ripped off from trades etc. More trouble then its worth.

Top Bottom