• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Risen

What is the other option?

Almost exactly what BigShow said... lower the aim assist and change the reticle size. Want a DMR to have a range of medium to long, decrease the size of the reticle. Want the BR to be have a range of short to medium, increase the reticle size. Adjust the aim assist to balance the sand box.

THAT'S the way to balance and not introduce mechanics that worsen the experience for online play. This assumes people want skill to be emphasized within a balanced sand box. If that is not the case, it's not for you.

Ryan is our national treasure.

Fire you say?

CRXfV.jpg

Had a problem while helping Bobs with that one.

A few of them spawn in some corridors you don't even have to go through, for some reason.

Like, you're on the top floor and they spawn in the corridors at the bottom.

Just keep looking I guess.

Sup Master Chief.

No but really, those Elites can go fuck themselves, im so glad you where able to Rambo them.

When is Counter Strike out, I would love to at least try a demo if I dont just buy it. I need a game. Any game to make me play xbox lol. I have been riding the highs of some awesome free rentals, but between those havent touched the thing at all. :(

OverHeat

« generous god »
Playing with my Astro is like a revelation so good !!! I think my surround sound system is gonna get a break from now on ( for gaming):p

Ryaaan14

Banned
Just a little bit from some of the games last night:

Ryan: Do you guys ever wonder what Halo would be like if things were on fire?
Rest of Party: What do you mean things? Like people?
Ryan: No. Things.
Party: What things?
Ryan: I don't know. Stuff.
Party: Do you have an example?
Ryan: No. I mean...just stuff... like, um...
Party: Um?
Ryan: Like a box on fire.

343 hire Ryan.

I should try Halo sober sometime.

The problem with BTB in Reach isn't Heavies. The problem is when you start a Heavies match, five of your teammates quit, one of the remaining two sucks, and the other finishes the match with a score of NEGATIVE FORTY FIVE.

That's right, -45. The guy managed to run off and suicide that many times.

OT, but who knew running up 17 flights of stairs was this tiring.

Dat dynamic shadowing.

ibwgyIbDmq3PyQ.gif

Seriously, zombie's would be so much more tense if the maps were a lot darker and the survivors had shadow casting flashlights on the end of their shotguns.

You could watch the shadows of zombie's destroying your teammates around the corner, and it would get darker and darker as more and more survivor's die.

Hey, who knows, maybe zombies will be fleshed out this time around...

=/

Given I wouldn't want it to come at the sacrifice of a more traditional mode, but I mean its been around since Halo 2, Im sure it can change.

I should try Halo sober sometime.

Nahh

siddhu33

I've always wanted a humans vs flood game type. Where you have a team of Spartans locking down a region against flood combat forms. The combat forms have a jump that has a small cool down, and limited use of weapons( can pick up, but no reticle, and random hits), while the humans have to survive in the dark. Each combat form also has a small swarm of infection forms, which it can send out using the grenade button. Each spartan dead joins the flood, and you get a very tense, last-man-standing situation.

Maps would be dark, dingy locations, in a poor area of a major city, or a forerunner structure. Hell, we could also have a floor of the library. It would be difficult as hell to implement, but damn, it would be awesome.

Hey, who knows, maybe zombies will be fleshed out this time around...

=/

Given I wouldn't want it to come at the sacrifice of a more traditional mode, but I mean its been around since Halo 2, Im sure it can change.

Make the Infection Zombie models as The Flood. Profit.

I maintain that Powerhouse is actually a fairly decent map.

Powerhouse and High Ground are the two maps I'm not sure why more people don't like, especially compared to much crappier maps..

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I love 1 Flag on Powerhouse. Team Slayer, FFA, and Snipers work well, too.

I've always wanted a humans vs flood game type. Where you have a team of Spartans locking down a region against flood combat forms. The combat forms have a jump that has a small cool down, and limited use of weapons( can pick up, but no reticle, and random hits), while the humans have to survive in the dark. Each combat form also has a small swarm of infection forms, which it can send out using the grenade button. Each spartan dead joins the flood, and you get a very tense, last-man-standing situation.

Maps would be dark, dingy locations, in a poor area of a major city, or a forerunner structure. Hell, we could also have a floor of the library. It would be difficult as hell to implement, but damn, it would be awesome.

I've been wanting that same gametype for ages too lol - I was even hoping that Firefight VS. would be like that with The Covenant.

And people call me crazy for saying that is one of the worst maps ever.

Really? I see mad Powerhouse hate ;[

High Ground and Powerhouse are both great maps. Not to say they do not have issues but a lot of those issues are more about sandbox placements and not actual map flow. Armour Abilities ruin reach's map flow aswell.

As long as it has some.

Also, Tying Up Loose Ends achievement from CEA is some straight up horseshit. You have to kill every Elite on Keyes. So I go about doing that, even backtracking to get some I might have missed. Went down every corridor...

Even went through a couple waves of the spawning Spec Ops elites right before I get in the banshee. After 10 minutes of searching, nothing else was spawning. So I get in the Banshee...

No achievement. It's the only one I'm missing from CEA.

Actually in the very beginning before you jump, you can see special 5 elites and in the covenant ship there are 2 doors that spawn like 8 waves of elites then you have to jump back one floor and there are 7 spec ops elites hidden then go forward to keyes and trigger the cinema. It will spawn spec ops everywhere so take your time.
In the second floor you will find most of the spec ops elites hidden in the corridors and in the banshee area you will find like 6 spec ops.

If you need help invite me.

mhi

The thing is newer Halo games will never become what Halo 1&2 were. Halo 3 took a hard turn for the 'modern'. The way these games' sandbox was balanced is considered old fashioned or 'compensation'. All the new additions and changes are just a reflection of where the FPS genre has 'evolved'

I would compare this to the Resident Evil series. 1-CV employed some mechanics (tank controls, overhead camera, supply conservation, etc) which I thought enhanced the horror aspect of the game. Now the series is turning to the newest 'technology' (over the shoulder, cover system, qta, etc) all of which came at the expense of things like intricate puzzles.

On Halo 4 though, does anyone else see redudancy in introducing a whole new class of weapons, promethean (they can't all function similar to their covy/unsc counterparts) ?

For example we now have a scope magnum, BR, DMR, Carbine, and whatever promethean equivilent. How will all of these carve out unique functions within the sandbox ?

tl,dr: shifting gameplay elements

Top Bottom