• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Disagree with this post. Not speaking for them, but they're simply Informing their own community. What's wrong with that? Are they stealing Info. without sourcing? No.
They've provided the source and credit to show within each legitimate article + videos..
I'm not being biased, im not registered with their main site or subscribed to their channel. Only "liked" their FB page.

I agree with this. It sounds like they're only sharing information with it's community like many other gaming blogs do except with a focus on halo related stuff.

IHaveIce

Banned
~20hours. I'd recommend to do the side quest dungeons, too. They are pretty neat. Btw. Do not do the collecting stuff, except you want to get 100% in the game.

Yep I agree, especially because there are too many Collectibles in the game, stones, death book pages, gnomes, relics....

Right now I'm trying to get a good equip to do the Crucible on Apocalyptic in one sitting.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I don't want to even bother worrying about the remade map. Reach's remakes were yucky because the gameplay had changed so much. I imagine 343 may be smarter about it, but whatever map it is probably won't feel the same as it previously did in any regard.

Correct - this map was chosen because it worked well with the newer gameplay and can be used in classic settings for nostalgia.

senador

Banned
How long is the game if you just do the main quest?

~20hours. I'd recommend to do the side quest dungeons, too. They are pretty neat. Btw. Do not do the collecting stuff, except you want to get 100% in the game.

I am just over 20 hours, but I'm on Apocalyptic difficulty so its taking me longer, I've left it on a few times without playing.

Who gives a crap?

I don't plan on doing 100%. I started to with Sleeping Dogs & realized I was just racing around town opening lockboxes & bowing to shrines, pretty stupid to do crap like that for an achievement. Especially when my game time is so limited...

I need to get this attitude and enforce it more. When I buy a game, especially one I like and that I paid full retail for, its hard for me to fight my desire to do replays and keep going for more stuff. It just makes my backlog bigger and I get behind in stuff. I need to learn to play and move on.

How about linking directly to the article instead linking to your page? (Again, this is Twitter I'm talking about.)

They created a Halo website to post and share about Halo stuffs. It also serves as an archive to be able to back on stuff. Linking back to their own site gets people to see what the site is about and check it out more frequently. Having the article on their site you may see other things you are interested in and the article also provides context of why they are sharing said thing. Why are you following if that bugs you? This is how sites work.

That said, I recently unfollowed THC Twitter because the same links got shared way too often. Sorry dudes. :/

Yesterday I was on the bus and accidentally hit myself in the face with my bike helmet, and at least seven people saw. I just said "fuck all y'all", kicked out a window, and made my exit.

Bike helmet on the bus...something isn't adding up here...

That's actually my hope. The combat sandbox has changed enough that updates will be needed to make the map play well. Rolling with the Valhalla theory:

The map would need to be expanded due to the increased range of weapons and the fact that everyone has sprint.

The bases would need to be updated as players could jetpack/thrust pack in from all angles, rather than from the intended entry points.

And so on. A Sidewinder --> Avalanche type of re-imagining is what I'm hoping for, whatever map it ends up being.

Couldn't they just put a slight bend in the whole map? That would immediately eliminate hill-base sightlines.

In beforeith ye olde "that's not Valhalla anymore".

Blueblur1

My bad, just saw the post.

I vividly remember you calling them weird for being so invested in the Halo universe, worked out well for them, heh.
Okay, that I do remember. That was back in 2008. That comment was overly judgmental and immature. I will gladly cop to the fact that I was pretty immature back then.

The THC comment was a joke and an observation of their posting habits. I'm my not condemning them or insulting them. Just voicing my opinion and supporting it with thoughtful statements. They're completely different scenarios.

feel

Correct - this map was chosen because it worked well with the newer gameplay and can be used in classic settings for nostalgia.
Unless you're remaking Chiron into a BTB map, it won't work well if you're not the one with a jetpack strapped to your back. Why are jetpacks back. Just why?

BigShow36

The clue will only be easily reverse engineered after the fact, and people will be annoyed at the chicanery. but they can't stop me! Seattle gaf has an advantage.

It's rainy and foggy in Seattle.

Backwash remake confirmed.

Promethean Vision 1v1's for Predator-style cage matches.

The THC comment was a joke and an observation of their posting habits. I'm my not condemning them or insulting them. Just voicing my opinion and supporting it with thoughtful statements. They're completely different scenarios.

But how is that any different from any other website's official twitter account? Standard procedure, besides not every link goes to our site.

I don't think its going to be Valhalla just because Exile seems so similar to it from what I've seen (Its at least in the same vein as it's a long narrow outdoor map with caves on the sides).

u4iX

It's Waterworks.

http://archive.fieldmuseum.org/water/waterworks_farming.asp

Mexico's Oaxaca Valley gets almost no rain for seven months of the year. Yet more than 2,000 years ago, the Zapotec people created one of the most successful farming civilizations in the Americas. Their elaborate networks of canals, dams and terraced fields transported and stored precious irrigation water. The Zapotec grew enough corn, beans, squash and other crops to support thousands of people in cities and villages across the region.

And if it's not Waterworks... How in the what the who has is it?

I don't think its going to be Valhalla just because Exile seems so similar to it from what I've seen.

lol if it's Valhalla I'm going to be disappointed. why not a halo 2 BTB maps, you know, the fun BTB maps.

Edit: I'll take waterworks over Valhalla anyday, but would prefer a slightly bigger terminal remake

How about linking directly to the article instead linking to your page? (Again, this is Twitter I'm talking about.)
It's not like it costs whoever put up the original content anything; people who click through to THC are still gonna have to click through to the content after landing there.

Top Bottom