• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

GhaleonEB

If it's more of a re-imagining than a remake, I think that'll make more people happy than doing a straight remake with no changes at all. Probably not thinking this through too much, but in that scenario I only imagine the people who want a 100% true make and think that will work well in context of Halo 4's sandbox.

That's actually my hope. The combat sandbox has changed enough that updates will be needed to make the map play well. Rolling with the Valhalla theory:

The map would need to be expanded due to the increased range of weapons and the fact that everyone has sprint.

The bases would need to be updated as players could jetpack/thrust pack in from all angles, rather than from the intended entry points.

And so on. A Sidewinder --> Avalanche type of re-imagining is what I'm hoping for, whatever map it ends up being.

CyReN

Gamefly used? That seems as prudent as buying a used rental car. :(

Mine have come in great conditions in the past, and includes the Anniversary Map pack if you don't have them. Just clean the disc when you get it.

Don't get defensive bro.

i39ip.gif

I don't want to even bother worrying about the remade map. Reach's remakes were yucky because the gameplay had changed so much. I imagine 343 may be smarter about it, but whatever map it is probably won't feel the same as it previously did in any regard.

BigShow36

That's actually my hope. The combat sandbox has changed enough that updates will be needed to make the map play well. Rolling with the Valhalla theory:

The map would need to be expanded due to the increased range of weapons and the fact that everyone has sprint.

The bases would need to be updated as players could jetpack/thrust pack in from all angles, rather than from the intended entry points.

And so on. A Sidewinder --> Avalanche type of re-imagining is what I'm hoping for, whatever map it ends up being.

Why?

Increasing the effective range of weapons makes larger maps like that actually playable, as opposed to being completely dominated by sniper rifles and vehicles. Now, there's certainly the argument that aim assist needs to be lowered at longer ranges to ensure that everyone isn't always getting 5 shotted from across the map, but that's a totally different issue.

Sprint is supposed to get people into and out of the action quicker, if you expand the map, it defeats the entire purpose.

Redesigned bases are a lost cause when you have jetpacks; that's why jetpacks suck. There's no way to really redesign the bases and still maintain any semblence of their original intent and design for jetpacks. I'd just leave them as is.

All that said, I'd still rather not have Valhalla remade.

Ramirez

Blueblur is always starting beef with spin off Halo sites!

The last guys he beefed on got jobs at 343, keep it up Cyren!

o DeathCubeK o

Neo Member
Typically, regardless of the remake, jet pack will break the map. Whether they need it or not it still just destroys all map flow. Valhalla would work well, as would Relic and maybe Terminal.

Also, hola! I'm a long time lurker first time poster. Nice finally getting in on discussion.

Raide

Typically, regardless of the remake, jet pack will break the map. Whether they need it or not it still just destroys all map flow. Valhalla would work well, as would Relic and maybe Terminal.

Also, hola! I'm a long time lurker first time poster. Nice finally getting in on discussion.

Ahoy.

Armour Lock for Life!

Blueblur1

You know it's true in regards to the Twitter account. You guys will link to an article on your site that consists of 1 or 2 sentences of text followed by a link to another site or video. It's a little ridiculous when all you're linking to is a YouTube video. Especially one that isn't your own. I understand you guys do it for hits though.

Blueblur is always starting beef with spin off Halo sites!

The last guys he beefed on got jobs at 343, keep it up Cyren!
Hey man, I just speak my mind. Last "beef" I remember was telling Cocop that Blackout was not a decent map remake at all while Heretic was. I still standby that.

Have you Contributed as much as THC's Twitter?
You've missed my point entirely.

u4iX

You know it's true in regards to the Twitter account. You guys will link to an article on your site that consists of 1 or 2 sentences of text followed by a link to another site or video. It's a little ridiculous when all you're linking to is a YouTube video. Especially one that isn't your own. I understand you guys do it for hits though.

It's a hub and site for Halo and related gaming news, discussion, and works of original content.

To each his own.

tumblr_m73v8qBnM61qmg4ti.gif

Blueblur1

It's a hub and site for Halo and related gaming news, discussion, and works of original content.

To each his own.

tumblr_m73v8qBnM61qmg4ti.gif
I disagree with the use of other people's web content to obtain hits for your site but whatever. As you said, to each his own.

Regarding Frankie's twitter-tease, did anyone already make the Carta de Oaxaca --> fish taco --> Longshore correlation? Just wanted to see how far behind I was...

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
I know playlists won't be announced for a while- but to those who have played the game, were the maps too big for 2v2?

Just thinking about it during the map size discussion during the last thread.

It'd be a shame if it didn't work well, dubs was as much Halo as TS for me.

u4iX

Regarding Frankie's twitter-tease, did anyone already make the Carta de Oaxaca --> fish taco --> Longshore correlation? Just wanted to see how far behind I was...

I believe that was posted as well as the idea that "Oaxaca" when pronounced sounds a shade like "Valhalla."

u4iX

Can't wait for the flood of misinformation, because for some reason 343 can't release information on THEIR OWN video game before other news outlets!

"Looks like King of the Hill is no longer a gametype in Halo 4."
-Various news outlets

"We just didn't show the various news outlets King of the Hill that day."
-343i

Ramirez

Hey man, I just speak my mind. Last "beef" I remember was telling Cocop that Blackout was not a decent map remake at all while Heretic was. I still standby that.

I vividly remember you calling them weird for being so invested in the Halo universe, worked out well for them, heh.

Shit yeah. I am nearing the end I think. Its a lot of fun, very cool art style. I love the color use.

How long is the game if you just do the main quest?

I disagree with the use of other people's web content to obtain hits for your site but whatever. As you said, to each his own.
Disagree with this post. Not speaking for them, but they're simply Informing their own community. What's wrong with that? Are they stealing Info. without sourcing? No.
They've provided the source and credit to show within each legitimate article + videos..
I'm not being biased, im not registered with their main site or subscribed to their channel. Only "liked" their FB page.

Blueblur1

We write only one or two sentences so that you have to go to the creator's site to view the entire piece of content.

So...
How about linking directly to the article instead linking to your page? (Again, this is Twitter I'm talking about.)

Ramirez

How about linking directly to the article instead linking to your page? (Again, this is Twitter I'm talking about.)

Who gives a crap?

~20hours. I'd recommend to do the side quest dungeons, too. They are pretty neat. Btw. Do not do the collecting stuff, except you want to get 100% in the game.

I don't plan on doing 100%. I started to with Sleeping Dogs & realized I was just racing around town opening lockboxes & bowing to shrines, pretty stupid to do crap like that for an achievement. Especially when my game time is so limited...

Fracas

#fuckonami
This is how a site operates. Of course they're going to link to their own pages, regardless of whether it's a few sentences with a link or not.

Just like every other website ever. I don't see the problem.

CyReN

Why follow us on twitter if you don't like it? I don't follow things I dislike on twitter, maybe I'm weird.

with that also, as always. Get a twitter Wu.

Top Bottom