• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

There is no flag.

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

I think the Binary Rifle cannot pierce/bypass through enemies for a multi-kill shot when compared to the Unsc Snipe and Beam Rifle.

Shadders

Heh, so I priced up the cost of sending UK Mountain Dew to the states.

The problem with Mountain Dew is that it's pretty heavy. Sending two bottles (one of each flavour) is coming in at $28 Airmail (5 days) or $17 Surface (up to 7 weeks). One bottle would be $18 Airmail or $12 Surface.

I assume there's not going to be many takers?

Death Island: really big map that would suit all of the additions to Halo 4, not available on this console generation (or consoles at all, for that matter.)

Wouldn't cause much drama since it would practically be a brand new map to the vast majority of players.

Also, it's not Valhalla or Sandtrap, so it has that going for it.

I agree with this statement.

Wow really? I didn't see that much in it, everything looked the same pretty much, some of the jumps weren't there and overall, seemed like a downgraded version of the Pit.
Show me a better The Pit remake. I'll wait here.

But in all seriousness, what jumps are missing? Even the ghost edge on cuts is there.

Talents

Banned
Show me a better The Pit remake. I'll wait here.

But in all seriousness, what jumps are missing? Even the ghost edge on cuts is there.

Wow really? I can do it pretty much 100% on H3, yet I've never been able to do it on Reach. Ok, sorry about that.

I'm not saying there is a better Pit Remake, it's pretty darn good for the crap that is given to forgers, but I'm just saying, the Original Pit is better.

willow ve

Anchor 9 with no kill zones.

You jump off the map? You'll drift away until the match is over.

I want this. Halo 4 is like Halo Reach but with REAL PHYSICS
which essentially eliminates anything close to "space combat" in something that looks like a plane

I'm not saying there is a better Pit Remake, it's pretty darn good for the crap that is given to forgers, but I'm just saying, the Original Pit is better.

No Pit remake is ever complete without exploding barrels and the cones of death. You know you always tried to kill a teammate off the initial spawn with those cones...

GhaleonEB

so have the last 9 pages just been "VALHALLA!" "Ugh please not Valhalla" or what

Just wait until it is announced.

Some will be delighted. Some will be upset. We'll have lists of what they should have used instead. Those that are delighted will worry about how faithful the updates are. We'll debate/speculate about how it will play with Halo 4's new combat sandbox. We'll bitch/praise the new aethetics, argue the merits of remakes in general, and I'll draft a 2,000 word post about how the DMR ruins all big maps, after which Stinkles will use a one-sentence post to demolish my premise.

Good times ahead.

Anchor 9 with no kill zones.

You jump off the map? You'll drift away until the match is over.

Bonus: slowly burn up in atmosphere if you fall out early enough in the match.

Wow really? I can do it pretty much 100% on H3, yet I've never been able to do it on Reach. Ok, sorry about that.

The map was built for MLG settings, not sure if you are using those or not. They definitely help with the jumps. And yeah obviously the real pit is gonna be better than any forge remake.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I lol'd in public and look really dumb.
Yesterday I was on the bus and accidentally hit myself in the face with my bike helmet, and at least seven people saw. I just said "fuck all y'all", kicked out a window, and made my exit.

The second part is not true.

Overdoziz

Banned
No Pit remake is ever complete without exploding barrels and the cones of death. You know you always tried to kill a teammate off the initial spawn with those cones...
Bungie really went full retard with fusion coils in Halo 3. Literally all Halo 3 launch maps had fusion coils on them. So bad.

Homeboyd

Some will be delighted. Some will be upset. We'll have lists of what they should have used instead. Those that are delighted will worry about how faithful the updates are. We'll debate/speculate about how it will play with Halo 4's new combat sandbox. We'll bitch/praise the new aethetics, argue the merits of remakes in general, and I'll draft a 2,000 word post about how the DMR ruins all big maps, after which Stinkles will use a one-sentence post to demolish my premise.
Haha welp.

Pack it up boys.

Good times ahead.

If it's more of a re-imagining than a remake, I think that'll make more people happy than doing a straight remake with no changes at all. Probably not thinking this through too much, but in that scenario I only imagine the people who want a 100% true make and think that will work well in context of Halo 4's sandbox.

I think the only real map that the remake could be is Waterworks. It's big enough, it has that three levels thing going on, and it hasn't been remade in the 360 era.

Also, weighing in on the snow debate, I think that the snow levels can look good, but I don't particularly care for how they play, especially with the behavior of grenades. I don't like my grenades just getting stuck in the snow

Talents

Banned
The map was built for MLG settings, not sure if you are using those or not. They definitely help with the jumps. And yeah obviously the real pit is gonna be better than any forge remake.

I don't really go on Reach often, maybe once every 2 or 3 months, but whenever I do, I only play MLG.

senador

Banned

Good times ahead.

Aside from the aesthetics we have already done this, so we will do it again soon!

I wonder if any of the maps can't be revealed due to canon reasons.

Whats the smallest increment I can buy MS points in? I wanna buy murder Miners but I'm around 100 points short.

Cool, thanks! Ill try my luck.

They want you to be able to see grenades and weapons with ease. Valhalla actually had pretty dense vegetation, but they made it all very short or flat for that reason. Drop a grenade in your first pic and you'd never find it.

How is that stuff handled in the game the first pic is from?

That is a good point, but with the grenade indicator showing up in the HUD now it really shouldn't be a problem. I don't think the grass should be so tall that it hides crouching players, but it would be nice for it to have a little more of a presence.

Top Bottom