• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Talents

Banned
It's Waterworks.

http://archive.fieldmuseum.org/water/waterworks_farming.asp

And if it's not Waterworks... How in the what the who has is it?

Why they no give the competitive community a good remake map. They don't give us any good features

/QQ

We can't tell what a "good" competitive map is until we play the new game with it's new mechanics and sandbox.

But now sprint is default, how will they balance that for competitive games with small maps?

Correct - this map was chosen because it worked well with the newer gameplay and can be used in classic settings for nostalgia.
worked well with the newer gameplay and can be used in classic settings for nostalgia.
classic settings for nostalgia.

Droppable flag confirmed with no KILL waypoint, auto-pick up and Flagnum options.

What event is going on right now anyway?

indone.gif

thumbs-up-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-679.gif

senador

Banned
I really want to figure it out, but I wonder if its even possible. His use of the word 'chicanery' implies he's tricking us to look at it the wrong way or something.

La Carta de Oaxaca has a lunch special where you can build your own burrito.*

It's a Forge World remake.

*I am making this up.

Guys, if I may dig up an old post:

Now the thread was discussing Reach DLC at the time. I would assume however that the sentiment might still stand for Halo 4 maps.

If not then it is Sandbox* or Valhalla.

Yes I know Shogun said that and Frankie challenged him to a bet.

I briefly skimmed through some of the last pages, but it seems people skipped over Plywood quoting Stinkles about this. I think it should still hold true unless it's a Last Resort/Zanzibar remake.

Waterworks would work very well in Halo 4 as is I think.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Wait.

"La Carta de Oaxaca is a Mexican restaurant in Seattle that Frank likes. This fits in with his note that Seattle folks will have an advantage."

Halo 4 comes out 5 days after La Dia De Los Muertos, which is celebrated at this restaurant.
Burial Mounds was a map in Halo 2 and coincides with Dia De Los Muertos.
The remake is Burial Mounds.

Also Burial Mounds would fit great with AA's as-is. Also would provide some solid classic gameplay with no tweaking.

There is also a dead Chief as an Easter egg in the map.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...575A91B27E&view=detail&FORM=VIRE6&adlt=strict

halo-2-burial-mounds.jpg

Wait.

"La Carta de Oaxaca is a Mexican restaurant in Seattle that Frank likes. This fits in with his note that Seattle folks will have an advantage."

Halo 4 comes out 5 days after La Dia De Los Muertos, which is celebrated at this restaurant.

Burial Mounds was a map in Halo 2.

Can't really beat that logic
Until you can

senador

Banned
Wait.

Burial Mounds was a map in Halo 2.

Hmm...

This was excellent. Every montage should have Can't Touch This playing in the background.

Also, did people give up on Terminal? Still thinking it's Terminal.

No map hazards though. Just wouldn't be the same, even though that wouldn't really effect the gameplay. How could you remake that map though without the train? There are a lot of rails around La Carta de Oaxaca though. Actually I think I am just assuming that. Yeah, no rails really I don't think. Lots of water close by though.

Homeboyd

No map hazards though. Just wouldn't be the same, even though that wouldn't really effect the gameplay. How could you remake that map though without the train? There are a lot of rails around La Carta de Oaxaca though.
Did they say there were "no map hazards" or are you referring to that interview where Kevin (or someone) said the vehicles (or something) were the hazards? I don't think he'd come out and tell you that there's a train that will kill you in one of the maps thus ruining the surprise.

Of course, if they said no map hazards whatsoever, then sure.. no Terminal unless they just excluded it. I just didn't think they had said that.

zap

So we won't be getting any new stuff from the journalists for a few weeks? Hopefully they don't get too much wrong when they finally are released from the embargo.

DesertFox

While we're on the topic of Halo 2 maps - I was incredibly disappointed to see that after putting Halo 2 in my 360, the game no longer recognizes any of the map packs that are on my hard drive. Kinda sucks that unless I scrounge up an old xbox somewhere with the map packs installed I won't ever be able to play those maps again.

Any body know a way to fix this?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Why follow us on twitter if you don't like it? I don't follow things I dislike on twitter, maybe I'm weird.

with that also, as always. Get a twitter Wu.

Wu is a luddite, he's just not fully converted yet.

What the hell is going on with all this THC stuff? It's common practice for people to "link from their site" to other stuff. I need some toast with all the jelly in here.

Wait.

Burial Mounds was a map in Halo 2 and coincides with Dia De Los Muertos.

Also Burial Mounds would fit great with AA's as-is. Also would provide some solid classic gameplay with no tweaking.

There is also a dead Chief as an Easter egg in the map.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...575A91B27E&view=detail&FORM=VIRE6&adlt=strict

halo-2-burial-mounds.jpg

On top of this, the restaurant is on Ballard Ave. John Ballard works for MS. John is the chief's name. Chief is Easter egg.

Burial Mounds confirmed.

Top Bottom