• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

I went downstairs and there was a program on about a entire village in India where they groomed they're own girls to be prostitutes so they themselves wouldn't have to work.

Weird weird shit.

I wonder if Elzar was brought up there, would explain a lot

This is a weird weird world we live on man.

Edit: woot top page, thanks to Slaker117 for the ONI patch. Gracias amigo.

Someone post the Overdoziz UI pic.

edit:

U1fE2.png

it just looks so awful. why change something that worked so well, and replace it with something like that

pj6ew.gif

nillapuddin

Look up the definition of a War game.
Military simulation, live or computer warfare simulations to develop real-world military strategies

Nothing to with them being athletes, they are soldiers.

twas a joke sir

hence the winkyface.

how many serious arguments are accompanied by winky face

If its anything like the madden or nhl games, its a separate game mode, where you get packs and make up your own team with players from all around the league.

You can then play in online or offline tournaments that are distinctly different/separate from the rest of the game.

Seems kind of unfair that someone can have a superteam made up of the likes of Messi and take that team online.

Seems especially unfair considering it seems like those packs cost money lol.

Frankie I need to know when are you getting your ass into Madrid, proceed to feed my inbox with delicious dates and info when/if possible.

Nude pics are also
always
ok.

Shadders

Seems kind of unfair that someone can have a superteam made up of the likes of Messi and take that team online.

Seems especially unfair considering it seems like those packs cost money lol.

It's weirdly addictive. It feels like every time I put FIFA in my Xbox I'm dropping £3 on imaginary football cards..

And yes, people can buy loads of great players, but it's more complex than that. Every player is different, you could have three Lionel Messi and they'll all be different, different preferred position, different preferred formation. The trick is to have a team with good "Chemistry" which is the measure of how well your players get on. Players with the same nationality have good chemistry, players who play for the same club have good chemistry and then players who have the same preferred formation as your team and so on. It's a fairly complicated system and in no way can you just win by buying the best players (although that will help).

EA are really smart with it too, I wasn't going to get FIFA this year, but they emailed me today and said I can start my FIFA 13 team on their website before even having the game. They give you a load of player packs to start out (which includes some decent players, surprisingly enough..) then when you've spent a little bit on the website it says if you pre-order the game they'll give you a ton of extra packs when you start playing the game.

They're like shady drug dealers getting you hooked on crack.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
It's weirdly addictive. It feels like every time I put FIFA in my Xbox I'm dropping £3 on imaginary football cards..

And yes, people can buy loads of great players, but it's more complex than that. Every player is different, you could have three Lionel Messi and they'll all be different, different preferred position, different preferred formation. The trick is to have a team with good "Chemistry" which is the measure of how well your players get on. Players with the same nationality have good chemistry, players who play for the same club have good chemistry and then players who have the same preferred formation as your team and so on. It's a fairly complicated system and in no way can you just win by buying the best players (although that will help).

EA are really smart with it too, I wasn't going to get FIFA this year, but they emailed me today and said I can start my FIFA 13 team on their website before even having the game. They give you a load of player packs to start out (which includes some decent players, surprisingly enough..) then when you've spent a little bit on the website it says if you pre-order the game they'll give you a ton of extra packs when you start playing the game.

They're like shady drug dealers getting you hooked on crack.

The disgusting thing is, if they found a way to do that with Halo in some kind of meaningful way, I'd hook up my bank card to Frankie's money hoover.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
The disgusting thing is, if they found a way to do that with Halo in some kind of meaningful way, I'd hook up my bank card to Frankie's money hoover.

Forge Pallet Colors! BAM LET THE MONEY ROLL IN!

"colors" are not what forge needs. I dont want a grey piece reskinned to be red.

additional pallet STYLES (human space, human pioneer, forerunner, sand and stone, etc) that would be worth it)

Fair enough, poor choice of words on my part. I just don't want to see "Styles" with a crap ton of lag causing lights on every object that make split screen forge maps unplayable.

Shadders

If they had it set up so you bought Halo packs that gave you loadout items, but they only lasted for x matches I'd probably buy them.

nillapuddin

Forge Pallet Colors! BAM LET THE MONEY ROLL IN!

nope.

"colors" are not what forge needs. I dont want a grey piece reskinned to be red.

additional pallet STYLES (human space, human pioneer, forerunner, sand and stone, etc) that would be worth it

If they had it set up so you bought Halo packs that gave you loadout items, but they only lasted for x matches I'd probably buy them.

Halo-styled FTP game :)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I've considered it as well.

How much does the season pass thingy cost?

Even if it's 30 dollars (which it probably is) it's 10 dollars cheaper than the LE. And all you're missing out on is a skin, junk mail paper crap, and early access to crap you have to wait for anyway. So basically just a skin and the junkmail.

Source?

If this is right, then yeah, you're better off standard with a season pass. And you still save 15 dollars.

Look at it this way. If you get the LE you're spending 15 dollars on nothing more than a skin for the default armor and the AR (lol) and paper crap you won't look at more than once.

Last week, I mentioned I might have a few extra Cryptum pins I could give out - a couple of people raised their hands. (Aggrotek, I think? Someone else?)

If you had asked for one, and I told you to hold off until they arrived... well, they've arrived. PM me a mailing address, and I'll get it off to you.

I requested one of them, I'll PM you. Thanks so much, again.

Depends on what BSangel posts tonight. Hopefully it clears all this shit up, but I see an imminent LE cancellation in my future.
Even if it's 30 dollars (which it probably is) it's 10 dollars cheaper than the LE. And all you're missing out on is a skin, junk mail paper crap, and early access to crap you have to wait for anyway. So basically just a skin and the junkmail.
Source?
If this is right, then yeah, you're better off standard with a season pass. And you still save 15 dollars.
Look at it this way. If you get the LE you're spending 15 dollars on nothing more than a skin for the default armor and the AR (lol) and paper crap you won't look at more than once.
Yup. Not wasting my investment on this and just save on a standard copy.

JackHerer

The value of the early unlocks on the specializations kind of depends on how long it takes to actually get through all the progression ranks and then the additional specialization levels as well as how long it takes for 343 to unlock the rest for the general population.

It sounds like it will take a long time to even get to the point where you can unlock a specialization so if, by the time you get through your first one, they have unlocked all the others, it hardly seems worth it to spend the extra money to have the early unlocks.

Overdoziz

Banned
nope.

additional pallet STYLES (human space, human pioneer, forerunner, sand and stone, etc) that would be worth it
Forge definitely needs colors. It would only work with a color wheel or slider though, not with a limited amount of pre-set colors. That would allow you to really make unique looking environments.

...sigh

I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually like the new UI. I think it'll be a lot better in widescreen on a big HDTV though, which understandably not everyone may have.

heckfu

Banned
Forge definitely needs colors. It would only work with a color wheel or slider though, not with a limited amount of pre-set colors. That would allow you to really make unique environments.

...sigh

I'm with you 100%. Imagine what Asylum or any other forged map would look like with the dynamic lighting. Cool, right? Now imagine know the base color without having to be disoriented for even a second because the colors pop out reallllly nicely.

Shadders

Got my physical copy of GI, figured I would post the proper definition of the Crawler Snipe since the digital version copied the definition of the regular Crawler:

"This variation on the basic Crawler is larger, wears heavier armor, and carries a Promethean Binary Rifle. They typically ascend to the highest point on the battlefield, where they bring down enemies with deadly single shots."

1sk kill rifles on enemies in SP is going to be a pain..

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Your second point sort of makes your first irrelevant. If I'm going to declare content valueless because it is available on the internet, what difference does it make whether it was. digital ot physical?

I feel you're missing the point entirely and/or looking to argue for no reason.

If you want to throw your money away go for it.

Shadders

I feel you're missing the point entirely and/or looking to argue for no reason.

If you want to throw your money away go for it.

I just think you're getting hung up on petty things and really looking for ways to chip away at the value of the product.

As it happens I'll buy both versions of the game as I like to have the different box arts. So I guess we're on different pages in terms of what we deem to be good value.

IHaveIce

Banned
Got my physical copy of GI, figured I would post the proper definition of the Crawler Snipe since the digital version copied the definition of the regular Crawler:

"This variation on the basic Crawler is larger, wears heavier armor, and carries a Promethean Binary Rifle. They typically ascend to the highest point on the battlefield, where they bring down enemies with deadly single shots."

1sk kill rifles on enemies in SP is going to be a pain..

Legendary Halo 2 all over again.

nillapuddin

Forge definitely needs colors. It would only work with a color wheel or slider though, not with a limited amount of pre-set colors. That would allow you to really make unique looking environments.

...sigh

i really dont think we are on the same page here, could you explain how this color wheel would work, because this is what your making it sound like this

forge_zpscc4f4398.png

and in my opinion thats not* whats best for forge

NO DOUBT that the accentuated "colored" areas need to be improved, they are not prevalent enough, but having overall different styles would be better than color swaps

again, in my opinion

Top Bottom