• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
For new page

Here it is. Looks like that's that. Also, seemingly according to this the special edition of FUD is on that second disk (in the LE). However, I still feel this list is inaccurate. Why wouldn't the console get the FUD special edition?

227823_4618617674417_532485371_n.jpg

DeadNames

Banned
Also for new page.

One final pro tip: when sprinting with normal weapons, if opponents shoot you, the shots will slow you down a tad. A sword wielding player is immune to this!

Really?

WHY?!

Karl2177

Also for new page.

One final pro tip: when sprinting with normal weapons, if opponents shoot you, the shots will slow you down a tad. A sword wielding player is immune to this!

Really?

WHY?!
Because canon says the sword will disintegrate incoming projectiles.

CyReN

this

Halo 4 War Games Map Pass
Launch Day Access to Six Specializations
UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet
Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

Well it says "Halo 4 War Games Map Pass"

and below it says "Halo 4 War Games Map Pass" includes:

• In-Game Scanner Helmet
  • In-Game Strider Helmet
  • In-Game Falcon Emblem

I think I'm following that correctly.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Another reason not to bother with the LE.

If you're worried about keeping what you bought as "exclusive" don't, Halo 4 is gonna get Gears 3ed.

Completionists worrying about the fact that exclusives mean certain items may never be available to them have been noted, and we’re definitely considering ways to make the entire gamut of items available at some point in the (relatively distant, since we obviously wish to give our retail partners plenty of room) future.

This is most definitely going to happen a few months from release as DLC.

Bsigg12

It's not listed as digital. That's what I'm pointing out.

I think this list is still fucked. Why wouldn't the console also get that.

Jesus christ at this cluster fuck.

Because like they have talked about, the console is aimed more for new buyers. They expect that if you're buying a console, you're new to the game, and if you're a collector you'll probably just sell the standard edition and get the LE anyways.

Also for new page.

Really?

WHY?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Covenant weapons look so awesome, game looks great. Can't wait!
We've got a new King
of FPS returning

feel

Another dubstep Halo video? Have some fucking dignity 343i..

edit-
Wait, tagging is disabled when the person has a sword instead of it being there specifically to balance the sword?? LOOOOOOOL x infinite

First Halo game with no Plasma Rifle R.I.P

;[ just doesn't feel right.. Why couldn't the Storm Rifle be the Plasma Rifle like the Repeater should've been...

Concussion Rifle should've had a hold R-Trigger for remote detonation feature like the Grenade Launcher, then have it function like the regular CR when pressing it. Whatever though, just something I would've pushed for had I been the one making this game.. along with the Mk. V armor/helmet and about.. idk... a million other things that should've been in this game ;\ but lemme stop before I flip a shit..

/salt

I'm normally not negative, but all this shit is bullshit -- had to let that out so excuse meh

m23

The whole point of slowing down sprinters in my mind was to slow down sword wielders.......what the hell?

Yeah, so FUD Extended edition is on second disc I assume since its not listed under digital content. That's good news.

I can't access Halo Waypoint at all atm, its getting stuck in a sign in loop or something.

That video did nothing for me, the UNSC felt much more..fun. None the less, Im glad we officially have seen the weapons now, too bad there isn't anything new or surprising.

No, it's not.

So, does that mean it wont be available at all? Also, why does the LE only get a skin and the console get an exclusive armor set? Shouldn't the LE, which is geared to long time fans, get something like FOTUS rather than the new console?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Normally I'm all for team SLRP, but this is ridiculous.

Any reason for not being slowed down when holding a sword, Frankie?

Sword is a power weapon. It was virtually impossible to get a kill with it with the slow down mechanic in place.

Also, keep in mind that swords don't just spawn in every 90 seconds or so in Halo 4. They're sort of rare and the player that manages to get one should be able to use it.

DeadNames

Banned

Don't worry man, I feel the same way. This is a bit ridiculous.

Please don't suck, Halo 4 :/

The whole point of slowing down sprinters in my mind was to slow down sword wielders.......what the hell?

I guess it was to stop double meleers...

Ugh. This is frustrating.

Sword is a power weapon. It was virtually impossible to get a kill with it with the slow down mechanic in place.

Also, keep in mind that swords don't just spawn in every 90 seconds or so in Halo 4. They're sort of rare and the player that manages to get one should be able to use it.

Meh... I guess. Does that ammo perk still let you have more ammo in power weapons?

Normally I'm all for team SLRP, but this is ridiculous.

Any reason for not being slowed down when holding a sword, Frankie?

Simple. It's a fucking Sword. Sorry for the language but that is ridiculous (not directed towards you <3 but the idea in general).. Whoever wanted to balance a Sword by adding a Melee block should be disgraced from making games.

It's a Sword guys with literally only ONE area of use and it still doesn't even look that great in this game.. especially with a myriad of options to get away, kill people faster, get away, kill people faster.. get away. kill. people. faster.

Gui_PT

Good!

Vire

I can't access Halo Waypoint at all atm, its getting stuck in a sign in loop or something.

That video did nothing for me, the UNSC felt much more..fun. None the less, Im glad we officially have seen the weapons now, too bad there isn't anything new or surprising.

Yeah I agree. I felt pretty indifferent after watching it. Maybe because we've seen so much of Exile already from PAX.

*shrug*

Beam rifle sounded kinda weaksauce, but who knows since the shitty music was playing on top of it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Sir, allow me to be the first to thank you and everyone at 343. These are my top 5 weapons in Reach:

captureduf95.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5ehyTKWjcY

Tawpgun

Worked fine in Halo 3 though.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Do you get slowed down while sprinting with the grav hammer?

IHaveIce

Banned
It's FUD man, at least if this new list is accurate.

or the game is just on 2 discs.
Why would you name a disc with special content like FUD "Disc 2", all of my games with such extras have as print "Extras", "Bonus Content" or in this case maybe "Forward unto Dawn".

I agree that it sounds like it is FUD on the second disc, but Frankie said it would be digital content. So maybe it changed( I hope)

Moa

So when will we actually be told what the second disc is for/about and if it will be a part of the standard copy or just limited edition?

Sword is a power weapon. It was virtually impossible to get a kill with it with the slow down mechanic in place.Also, keep in mind that swords don't just spawn in every 90 seconds or so in Halo 4. They're sort of rare and the player that manages to get one should be able to use it.

Thats the perfect balance! Damn you guys dont know what you are doing!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Why would you name a disc with special content like FUD "Disc 2", all of my games with such extras have as print "Extras", "Bonus Content" or in this case maybe "Forward unto Dawn".

I agree that it sounds like it is FUD on the second disc, but Frankie said it would be digital content. So maybe it changed( I hope)

Hence me saying "if the list is accurate."

So when will we actually be told what the second disc is for/about and if it will be a part of the standard copy or just limited edition?

It says it in the list. It's not listed as digital content so it would "have to be" on the disk.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is digital content.

Top Bottom