• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

DeadNames

Banned
If anyone wants an Age of Empires Online starter pack for Steam, quote this & I'll PM it to you at some point today. It was in Wu's tube, and I really don't have any use for it, so I'll share the wealth!

Really? No one quoted this?

That's a nice pin, nilla. I'm jelly.

Golly... Top of page. Halo!

I'm staying awake till the stolen babies documentary on the third channel is over, shit is crazy :/

I went downstairs and there was a program on about a entire village in India where they groomed they're own girls to be prostitutes so they themselves wouldn't have to work.

Weird weird shit.

I wonder if Elzar was brought up there, would explain a lot

To be fair, the last few have been pretty good content wise. I'm usually happy to take the piss but they've been good recently.

Yeah I agree to be fair, hopefully the marketing in a wider sense improves.

Where Frankie has failed us, BSangel will follow through. Sad that it took this long.

It's probably only a skin looking at that message. That would mean the LE is really not better than the standard edition with a season pass.

Did that little conflict ever get cleared up from a few weeks back, about whether the LE got a true season's pass or not? Wasn't there some type of debate going on about that at some point?

Did that little conflict ever get cleared up from a few weeks back, about whether the LE got a true season's pass or not? Wasn't there some type of debate going on about that at some point?

It didn't get cleared up - I would love to know all about that myself. Standard edition and a separate war games pass closer to the DLC could be the way to go if the price is right.

I went downstairs and there was a program on about a entire village in India where they groomed they're own girls to be prostitutes so they themselves wouldn't have to work.

Weird weird shit.

I wonder if Elzar was brought up there, would explain a lot

I just heard that a dead baby was dumped in the backyard of the house I'm living in now by an ex girlfriend of a guy who used to live her.

You'd think she'd have an abortion but nope, just choke the baby after giving birth, put it in a laptop bag and leave it in the backyard. Fucked up people on this earth. Oh, and she did it again one year later...

So what is the general consensus on the limited edition here on gaf?

For me personally I pre-ordered it with the intention of dropping it if they don't give us any more information on it. Right now it seems as though a lot of the stuff is digital which is fairly worthless as far as content goes... Youtube will give me that stuff for free. There is aesthetic stuff like weapons skins.

Theres a DLC pass (3 map packs) in there, although apparently one can also be purchased separately? There is also some sort of UNSC package which could be anything from a flimsy poster to a book, hard to tell from the screenshots, other than that there's nothing of note - except a timed exclusive where you have more perks than other people - not totally sure how that works but we know people who buy the limited edition will have early access to I think 8 perks but will still have to rank up and unlock them, which could take a while. The online advantage could be the only real special thing about it.

It is apparently pretty limited so I pre-ordered in case they reveal something good in there, but to be honest I will probably cancel that pre-order and go for the standard edition.

For me personally I pre-ordered it with the intention of dropping it if they don't give us any more information on it. Right now it seems as though a lot of the stuff is digital which is fairly worthless as far as content goes... Youtube will give me that stuff for free.

Theres a DLC pass (3 map packs) in there, although apparently one can also be purchased separately? There is also some sort of UNSC package which could be anything from a flimsy poster to a book, hard to tell from the screenshots, other than that there's nothing of note - except a timed exclusive where you have more perks than other people - not totally sure how that works but we know people who buy the limited edition will have early access to I think 8 perks but will still have to rank up and unlock them, which could take a while.

It is apparently pretty limited so I pre-ordered in case they reveal something good in there, but to be honest I will probably cancel that pre-order and go for the standard edition.

I pre-ordered the limited a few weeks ago, but like you I was waiting/hoping for some more information. Hopefully 343 clears stuff up soon, I guess. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, btw.

For me personally I pre-ordered it with the intention of dropping it if they don't give us any more information on it. Right now it seems as though a lot of the stuff is digital which is fairly worthless as far as content goes... Youtube will give me that stuff for free. There is aesthetic stuff like weapons skins.

Theres a DLC pass (3 map packs) in there, although apparently one can also be purchased separately? There is also some sort of UNSC package which could be anything from a flimsy poster to a book, hard to tell from the screenshots, other than that there's nothing of note - except a timed exclusive where you have more perks than other people - not totally sure how that works but we know people who buy the limited edition will have early access to I think 8 perks but will still have to rank up and unlock them, which could take a while. The online advantage could be the only real special thing about it.

So its just a early content, what about the FOTUS armor

Woorloog

Banned

This is what i intended to do. Forgot my pre-order receipt so i couldn't cancel it today while visiting city center (well, i didn't try anyway, maybe they could have done that just by having my name and ID).

The most interesting thing in the LE is the briefing packet, details about the Mjolnir GEN2 armor and the Spartan IVs aboard the Infinity. As Bobs said, it kinda looks like a poster.
Very interesting but i'm not keen on paying 100€ for the LE when i have some doubts whether i'll like Halo 4 MP... if i don't, i won't be getting the DLC, so the LE maybe waste of money for me.

So its just a early content, what about the FOTUS armor
FOTUS is Halo 4 console exclusive.

Where Frankie has failed us, BSangel will follow through. Sad that it took this long.

It's probably only a skin looking at that message. That would mean the LE is really not better than the standard edition with a season pass.
Supposedly get early access to specializations with the LE, but really, who the fuck knows. I'm extremely disappointed with how 343 has been doling out information.

------------------------------------------------------

Fun fact: I have screen credit on Office Space as a Grip. :)

nillapuddin

What? How?

Heres Halo 4, blah blah accolades, features, blah blah

but heres the real game people care about if your cool and hip x-play haha video games (nerd glasses) im gunna tweet about this later

BLOPZZZ2

they pretty much just said it would be the biggest and best game this fall and all the other ones are the list are trivial

Louis Wu

Last week, I mentioned I might have a few extra Cryptum pins I could give out - a couple of people raised their hands. (Aggrotek, I think? Someone else?)

If you had asked for one, and I told you to hold off until they arrived... well, they've arrived. PM me a mailing address, and I'll get it off to you.

TCKaos

Nothing to hope, it is so.
Fuck that. The LE gets only a skin but the console gets a whole fucking armor?
Doesn't help 343i's LE reveal said it had exclusive armor.

A skin for the default armor, no less. Everyone is going to be wearing it for the rest of the life of the game, so enjoy looking near-identical to people who bought the game six months after launch for $45 used and their guests.

But beat the game on Legendary, receive what is easily the best looking armor in Halo 4. I will have no reason to accrue UNSC Funbucks after day 1.

DeadNames

Banned
Heres Halo 4, blah blah accolades, features, blah blah

but heres tire real game people care about if your cool and hip x-play haha video games (nerd glasses) im gunna tweet about this later

BLOPZZZ2

they pretty much just said it would be the biggest and best game this fall and all the other ones are the list are trivial

Typical COD SLRPing. Sigh. :/

I don't think COD is even fun, save zombies.

Supposedly get early access to specializations with the LE, but really, who the fuck knows. I'm extremely disappointed with how 343 has been doling out information.

------------------------------------------------------

Fun fact: I have screen credit on Office Space as a Grip. :)

Whats a grip? I remember really enjoying that movie btw.

A movie I randomly ended up extra'ing in is apparently hitting cinema's, that's pretty cool.

Typical COD SLRPing. Sigh. :/

I don't think COD is even fun, save zombies.

The first Black Ops was fantastic, and im glad it came out against Reach because it meant I played a lot of it. I liked the older CoD games, but going up against Halo 3 meant they didnt get too much playtime. You cant exactly blame people of CoD slrping in a Halo thread when 343 are you know... :p

Woorloog

Banned
A skin for the default armor, no less. Just be part of the new Mark VI master race in memory of Mark V.

Beat the game on Legendary, receive what is easily the best looking armor in Halo 4. I will have no reason to accrue UNSC Funbucks after day 1.

Don't give a shit about Mark V or VI. Neither fit the GEN2 armor aesthetically.
The Warrior helmet (the first non-Chief armor we saw) looks good, hopefully it can be unlocked early on.

Homeboyd

Wait... on that Xplay thing... did they just do an intro of what they were going to talk about (that included halo 4) and then just never show halo 4 after that?

I mean.. I wasn't really paying attention, but I'm pretty sure that just happened.

Like 59.7% sure.

dont start with me ragnarok, IMO the baseball card approach is pretty awesome.

Honestly, what was wrong with having a list on the screen that you could select. the baseball card thing is IMO a Gimmick. Spartans aren't athletes, so why go with a sports inspired UI?

Wait... on that Xplay thing... did they just do an intro of what they were going to talk about (that included halo 4) and then just never show halo 4 after that?

I mean.. I wasn't really paying attention, but I'm pretty sure that just happened.

Like 59.7% sure.
Welcome to "new" xplay

Really though what are they going to say about Halo? Theres been a bunch of campaign stuff but you have to dig so far to find it and all the details are still shrouded in mystery, plus no one really cares about that as a highlight. People wanna hear MP highlights like Ranking Livestreaming Spectating Commentating. All things that have been revealed for CoD but still in the dark with H4.

MAN this game has MAGNETS! and the jackals are redone!

See, no one cares.

Please reveal the ranking system or some more MP maps! Or all the weapons. I'll explore the campaign by myself on Nov 6th.

heckfu

Banned
Really though what are they going to say about Halo? Theres been a bunch of campaign stuff but you have to dig so far to find it and all the details are still shrouded in mystery, plus no one really cares about that as a highlight. People wanna hear MP highlights like Ranking Livestreaming Spectating Commentating. All things that have been revealed for CoD but still in the dark with H4.

MAN this game has MAGNETS! and the jackals are redone!

See, no one cares.

Please reveal the ranking system or some more MP maps! Or all the weapons. I'll explore the campaign by myself on Nov 6th.

Weapons? Well check back tonight!

Honestly, what was wrong with having a list on the screen that you could select. the baseball card thing is IMO a Gimmick. Spartans aren't athletes, so why go with a sports inspired UI?

Welcome to "new" xplay

The baseball card UI isnt even the UI for the Fifa games (I would bet), it looks more like a random trading card game idea for unlocking players. The actual player selection lobby will probably be the same as ever.

It would be like randomly unlocking weapons in Halo and showing them to you in a trading card game style, but having the matchmaking lobby UI look like the one from Reach.

I am pretty intrigued with how you unlock players, will be pretty bullshit if someone can make a super team because they got lucky with the card packs.

Thats a pretty strange idea, you unlock players in random card packs? wtf?

If its anything like the madden or nhl games, its a separate game mode, where you get packs and make up your own team with players from all around the league.

You can then play in online or offline tournaments that are distinctly different/separate from the rest of the game.

The baseball card UI isnt even the UI for the Fifa games (I would bet), it looks more like a random trading card game idea for unlocking players. The actual player selection lobby will probably be the same as ever.

It would be like randomly unlocking weapons in Halo and showing them to you in a trading card game style, but having the matchmaking lobby UI look like the one from Reach.

I am pretty intrigued with how you unlock players, will be pretty bullshit if someone can make a super team because they got lucky with the card packs.

Doesnt Mass Effect 3's MP work like that?

War Games

;)

Look up the definition of a War game.
Military simulation, live or computer warfare simulations to develop real-world military strategies

Nothing to with them being athletes, they are soldiers.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
War Games

;)
Someone post the Overdoziz UI pic.

edit:

U1fE2.png

Top Bottom