• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

LD2k

Neo Member
Legendary Halo 2 all over again.

baby-scared-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-825.gif

Got my physical copy of GI, figured I would post the proper definition of the Crawler Snipe since the digital version copied the definition of the regular Crawler:

"This variation on the basic Crawler is larger, wears heavier armor, and carries a Promethean Binary Rifle. They typically ascend to the highest point on the battlefield, where they bring down enemies with deadly single shots."

1sk kill rifles on enemies in SP is going to be a pain..

I'm almost 100% sure that means they shoot single shots, meaning a semi auto weapon. I don't think they would give crawlers one shot kill weapons.

To pass the time until the bulletin, I just finished watching Cabin in the woods.

One of the best horror movies I've seen in a long time, loved the ending.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I just think you're getting hung up on petty things and really looking for ways to chip away at the value of the product.

As it happens I'll buy both versions of the game as I like to have the different box arts. So I guess we're on different pages in terms of what we deem to be good value.

Have you ever thought maybe you're "trying" to put value on something to justify a purchase?

It's definitely not a good value, especially if you see it for what it really is. It's a standard edition of the game (with a season pass) which includes a skin for armor (like any other preorder bonus), a skin for the AR (which is a weapon most of us won't bother using anyway), an online video which will be available to everyone anyway, some junk paper/pictures you will look at maybe once, and "early" access to "perks" which have delayed access anyway.

I've already said as much in earlier posts, but you're essentially paying 15 dollars for paper junk, a default armor skin and an AR skin.

Play that up however you want that helps you sleep at night. I'm just glad this shit is getting cleared up so the rest of us can be more educated on what we are blowing our money on.

That's the last I'll post about this though until we get actual clarification.

A waypoint video that isn't 240p? This isn't the real thing. ;)

Srsly.

We can be friends again.

Have you ever thought maybe you're "trying" to put value on something to justify a purchase?

It's definitely not a good value, especially if you see it for what it really is. It's a standard edition of the game which includes a skin (like any other preorder bonus), a kin for the AR (which is a weapon most of us won't bother using anyway), an online video which will be available to everyone anyway, some junk paper/pictures you will look at maybe once, and "early" access to "perks" which have delayed access anyway.

I've already said as much in earlier posts, but you're essentially paying 15 dollars for paper junk, a default armor skin and an AR skin.

Play that up however you want that helps you sleep at night. I'm just glad this shit is getting cleared up so the rest of us can be more educated on what we are blowing our money on.

That's the last I'll post about this though until we get actual clarification.
Then what's the point of buying the limited version of anything?

IHaveIce

Banned
To pass the time until the bulletin, I just finished watching Cabin in the woods.

One of the best horror movies I've seen in a long time, loved the ending.

I agree, liked it, but I think it isn't a real "horror" movie.

Good idea to watch a movie to pass time, I bought the Avengers Blue Ray today, will watch it now (it's 2:25 am here)

Karl2177

Not this shit again
Nice post! 5/5! Google tells me if I want more, I can go through your posting history!

I'm just glad this shit is getting cleared up so the rest of us can be more educated on what we are blowing our money on.
And I think it's pretty sad that so many people were forced to blindly preorder in order to get a chance at it, because of all the blind fanboys coming in and preordering without any knowledge.

Just thought of something since my friend pointed out my political views on Facebook:

z82je.jpg

I put that when I first created Facebook ages ago and it seems this year there will finally be some truth to it hahah.. Faith? Believe.

m23

I liked this one better than the UNSC one. Dat Beam Rifle, so happy to see it again. Also, concussion rifle looks like its fixed.

Top Bottom