• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Please tell me you realize this response is ridiculous.

PLEASE for the love of everything worshipped... PLEASE do not overbalance this game like Bungie did with Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo Reach... Every single weapon should wreck shit (especially if it's not a loadout weapon).

Sword is a power weapon. It was virtually impossible to get a kill with it with the slow down mechanic in place.

Also, keep in mind that swords don't just spawn in every 90 seconds or so in Halo 4. They're sort of rare and the player that manages to get one should be able to use it.
Imo, this is understandable. My only concern is how its combined with Speed Boost?

feel

Well it might not have been the most exciting lead up to a Halo game with the complete lack of insteresting feature reveals, but at least it's been a very funny ride.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'm literally astounded how bad the marketing/information for Halo 4 has been. At least other companies lied to us and stuck to the lies until it was too late. In this case no one knows what the fuck is actually what.

Maybe that's the genius of it.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
So the list is wrong.

Why is this so hard to get straight?

Human error, typo. Getting fixed now.

Also, we've consistently said that FUD would be digital. We also listed the Map Pass in that list, but that's doesn't mean those map packs are included on a disc.

heckfu

Banned
I fucking hate when information gets released. Everyone acts like complete dicks to each other in their own virtual dick-measuring contest. We bitch and bitch about no information and when we get it we THEN complain there is no plasma rifle. Really, though? We get to pick our loadouts and we finally get the BR back but the PLASMA RIFLE is the new thing to bitch about?

I realize how hypocritical this post is, bitching about bitching, etc, but seriously guys.

Holiday

Banned
I'm literally astounded how bad the marketing/information for Halo 4 has been. At least other companies lied to us and stuck to the lies until it was too late. In this case no one knows what the fuck is actually what.

Maybe that's the genius of it.

The MP vidoc will be released with the LE. That way, LE buyers will know what's coming when they jump into MM for the first time.

Fotos

I fucking hate when information gets released. Everyone acts like complete dicks to each other in their own virtual dick-measuring contest. We bitch and bitch about no information and when we get it we THEN complain there is no plasma rifle. Really, though? We get to pick our loadouts and we finally get the BR back but the PLASMA RIFLE is the new thing to bitch about?

I realize how hypocritical this post is, bitching about bitching, etc, but seriously guys.

agreed

nillapuddin

tellmeplz_zps4c289643.gif

Once more, with desperation.

Im completely okay with Campaing and WarGames/SpOps being on separate disks,

whatever it takes to keep the sacrificing of the game to a minimal

Bsigg12

So whatever song is remixed for the Covie weapon video, I can see the base song being the new theme. I thought it was a solid remix, excited to hear the full soundtrack and remixes.

No, it's not.

No offense, but I (we) have heard that before. From Epic and Bungie both, what makes 343 any different? Same publisher.

So I can't even buy the gamestop BR skin because I preordered somewhere else?

Edit: Misread that but I am still curious will the preorder and Console stuff become available later? I pre-orded the LE. With Reach I got the Leg. Ed., console, controller, and headset but that was too expensive.

The second disc will be a mystery 360 game, you never know what you're actually paying for until you put it in the disc drive.

Some people will get Perfect Dark Zero, others will get Kameo.

cocamola

Banned
The battle rifle in Halo 4 is somewhat parallel to Walshy's career.

-Amazing in Halo 2
-Somewhat ok in Halo 3, still a winner.
-No existent in Halo: Reach

- In Halo 4 it's just around. Doing the odd youtube interview to please the fans. Still sucks.

Situational circumstances. It's really as simple as that..

The second disc will be a mystery 360 game, you never know what you're actually paying for until you put it in the disc drive.

Say what you want about PDZ (I enjoyed it personally), but Kameo was an amazingly fun game!

Gunnerdude

Neo Member

Had both, would recommend 7/10

Those that get Crackdown get early access to the Halo 3 beta!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

HaloGAF, baybee!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Human error, typo. Getting fixed now.

Also, we've consistently said that FUD would be digital. We also listed the Map Pass in that list, but that's doesn't mean those map packs are included on a disc.

Yeah, but surely you can understand how confusing multiple "sources" can be, especially when they come from "credible" places.

This whole thing has been a mess since it began, and now there's hints of anything preordered/editioned (that's supposed to be exclusive) getting the Gears 3 treatment, making nothing "special" even though frank said "no it's not" but even that statement is vague. Did he mean just not as DLC? Did he mean no, but there will be color swaps?

It's pretty expressly put there by BSangel that everything "exclusive" is gonna be up for grabs "some how" down the line, and that's exactly what happened with Gears 3. Like it or not, some people buy these things (and preorder at specific places) because they get something someone else won't. And this is pretty damn deceptive to list it as exclusive now just to switch it up later.

How about Rockets combined with Jetpacks or Camo with Sniper? etc etc, why is the Sword any different?
B'cuz Sword would be pointless to use when slowed down being fired upon while Sprinting or Not. Might as well use a different power weapon. So to prevent scrapping the Sword this was their alternative.

So I can get that LE Console unicorn emblem down the line? Swag.

Not being able to slow down sword sprint sounds terrible no matter how you cut it though.

Not to be a dick, but if the information didn't suck there might not be as much bitching.

Moa

Not to be a dick, but if the information didn't suck there might not be as much bitching.

I'm curious, if this whole confusion with the Recruit helmet was never answered/asked about, would we even be getting that extra bit in the Bulletin attempting to detail the editions?

So much stuff has yet to be cleared up :/

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
I for one am still excited, I pre-ordered my LE months ago because its what I wanted, regardless of the content that was going to be inside.

Maybe its just the way I am, I get a different edition, some neat things, it sits on my shelf and collects dust with the rest of it. And at the end of the day I'm playing Halo just like everyone else.

I would like to thank Frankie and Ellis for even stepping foot in this thread after releasing new information :) If game design and development wasn't a hobby of mine I wouldn't want to get into a job market for it because of what goes on in here every week or so!

But seriously, 343 really should be more clear with their products. Do we get Scanner and Strider helms if we get the LE?

Consider it.... a suprise........ :)

I'm sorry I don't want another Reach of Sword+Sprint players coming at me all the time on any map with a tight walkway. Countdown? Sucked because it was constantly playing shitty with sword everywhere.

It wasn't a problem in H3 because no sprint. If a sword ran at you you could backup at almost the same pace. Leaving you a good time to get a 4-5 shot off.

Too often in Reach you could only get two or three shots off before being forced to just melee and hope for some sort of block (before the TU) or that your melee would even count so he'd be at least no shields...It was terrible gameplay.

I want it back to H3 where you have to have the drop on the player and have it planned (decent delay until sword swipe worked) for a successful sword kill. You know some semblance of skill involved in the useage of it.

Woorloog

Banned
Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is digital content.

Sigh... At least you've been consistent about it.

Definetly cancelling my LE. The briefing packet is intriguing but i'll pass on it.

I reckon i'm going to miss the Plasma Rifle, wonder why it wasn't simply tweaked to be like the Storm Rifle.
That is, until i get to test and judge the Storm Rifle. Hopefully it is as good and useful as it sounds.

Not a fan of the Fuel Rod being back. Always before it has been OP in multiplayer, fear this will be the case in Halo 4 as well.
Why not the Plasma Launcher? Or something new? Oh, well, it is a power weapon and so it is going to be rare so not a big deal, i guess.

I smell trouble...

But seriously, 343 really should be more clear with their products. Do we get Scanner and Strider helms if we get the LE?
The fact the LE includeds War Game Map Pass (or whatever it was called) implies we will. Straight answer would have been nice though.

IHaveIce

Banned
I will now try to sleep.

Today's Bulletin:

-A nice weapon trailer, no real news, but it was nice. (still confused why the concussion rifle is in but the GL not) -- Good news.
- Facts like no slow down for being shot while holding the Sword - not good
-Breakdown of contents, I think it was okay, but the most interesting thing ( Disc 2) is still a mistery - was okay, still confused though.

Next news tommorrow/Friday at GTTV ? - hopefully also MP news.

next week maybe another video- good.

good night GAF love y'all

B'cuz Sword would be pointless to use when slowed down being fired upon while Sprinting or Not. Might as well use a different power weapon. So to prevent scrapping the Sword this was their alternative.

Oh sorry, maybe I wasn't clear with my post, but actually re-reading yours I realized you said Speed Boost and didn't actually mean Thruster lol..

Either way, I meant why worry about the Sword + Speed Boost when that same concern can be had with other weapons and powerups?

Plasma Rifle was worthless after CE, 'bout time it was brought out back and taken care of.

Seems like the only weapon that got better after Halo 1 was the Needler lol and the PP's homing in Halo 2 :b

Top Bottom