• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I honestly think that as long as the sword isn't on a mainly close quarters map, it'll be fine. If you're gonna give someone a sword, that's enough advantage. They don't need you to put them in the scenario where it thrives. Same goes for every power weapon.

Also, stream is up.

http://www.twitch.tv/tashiii

yes let's just trust trust trust and not show concern about the return of things that were bad in the previous game.

Or you could answer my question and stop being an annoying ass about things.

On a list of people who have played the game you will neither find me or you. You will instead find both groups you have listed. Funnily enough, plenty of gaffers make the first part of your post and we know already of the various take home Network Tests which covers your second lot.

But no, disregard my post entirely. Your call.

GhaleonEB

I think you mean Haven, all the same though.

As long as the sword isn't Halo 2 levels of silly, I'll be fine with it.

Yeah I meant Haven. For some reason I really can't get the map names down.

I'll update the OP in a bit when I'm not still at work.

:(

After H2 I classified the Sword as another weapon. Is it really considered a power weapon?

Rockets and Sniper are the power weapons. The ones you fight for every 3 minutes. Sword is just a different CQC weapon that should be balanced similar to the shotty imo.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Nah, I'm sure with all that you'll be coming to us.

Touche (pun intended)

Don't forget unlimited sprint!

Oh, man, how could I forget that!

In my first game on the Forerunnery map - Uplift? - I snagged the sword and racked up four quick kills with sprint/thruster pack combo. I figured part of it was the lack of experience of other players with the map, but lack of slowdown when taking fire was probably a big part of it.

I am worried about the energy sword, given that everyone has sprint. I take solace in how well the slow down effect worked against sprinters with other weapons, though. Nary a double beat down in sight.

Hopefully that's something that gets looked at, maybe changed later when the game is in the wild. The public has ways of playing that simply "don't happen" in playtesting, both internal, and when they invite outside playtesters. That much I do know about development, but that's about it, lol.

After H2 I classified the Sword as another weapon. Is it really considered a power weapon?

Rockets and Sniper are the power weapons. The ones you fight for every 3 minutes. Sword is just a different CQC weapon that should be balanced similar to the shotty imo.

Sword and Shotgun (the beautiful Shotgun) are both one shot kills. Therefore they are both power weapons.

Speed Boost + Jetpack + Rockets? Damage Boost + Rockets? Damage Boost + anything really.. Overshield + anything..

Powerups are supposed to make you an unstoppable machine if you earn one.

Balancing weapons around Powerups would never be a good idea. That's more the idea I was trying to get across.
Unstoppable Machine? That's Juggernaut Bro

What was discussed after E3, 343 nerfed non-power weapons which I believe was BR + Damage Boost in the Beta became OP.

Whether you agree with me or not they (Power-ups, Weapons, and AA's) were tweaked for intentions to make them balanced within the game.

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member
Thats the perfect balance! Damn you guys dont know what you are doing!

Well not really, that means it would be worthless unless very close range therefore making not so much of a power weapon as Ellis stated was its purpose. The balance I think would come as only 5 kill limit then the sword runs out of juice ala rockets and 2/4 shots.

Oh hey, the Covenant weapons video is out? I wonder what GAF has to say about-

GuM7P.gif

Trey

The video felt kind of short, and the wubwub was annoying, and I don't like the Beam Rifle returning, but otherwise I liked the video. A little sustenance ain't so bad.

mhi

Halo games usually ship with sandbox mishaps, so really any reason the developers give for their decisions pertaining will eventually give way to player feedback culminating in an inevitable Title Update.

nillapuddin

just let it go dude, they talked about this shit for like 3 pages already.

yes on paper it seems like the wrong decision, bfd.

if it isnt working out properly when the game comes out, they will flip a switch and change it.

The video felt kind of short, and the wubwub was annoying, and I don't like the Beam Rifle returning, but otherwise I liked the video. A little sustenance ain't so bad.

I agree the music overshadowed the weapons to much in this video, looking forward to the game sounds version

Already pointed out :p

SUPER late to the party.

just let it go dude, they talked about this shit for like 3 pages already.

yes on paper it seems like the wrong decision, bfd.

if it isnt working out properly when the game comes out, they will flip a switch and change it.

Sorry, skipped straight to the most recent page, which didn't have that discussion.

More getting impaled from 30 feet away to look forward to, eh?

Kuroyume

Banned
The music in the trailer is awful. It doesn't work well with the footage. You have halo footage and then DDR music playing in the background. Is the official music not good enough? Not done yet? What gives?

nillapuddin

I was hoping they'd sneak in a new Covie weapon or two like the UNSC weapons video, but oh well, cool video anyway.

yeah I enjoyed it, Im really loving the aesthetic of the covie sandbox, maybe even a bit more than our trusty UNSC weapons.

I really like the way the MP is setting up to be faction based,
I like it how in Planetside every faction has different weapons that are all identifiable,
obviously we are all Spartans, but you can show your affiliation in your loadout

There's always the Promethean weapons. :eek:

Though I think at this point we've seen them all. Now, a vehicle trailer....

I agree on the weapons and double agree on the vehicle trailer. I used to play Halo for the mix of vehicle and infantry combat. I'm looking forward to playing that kind of Halo again.

And if anyone replies to this post with a Heavies joke: may God have mercy on your soul.

MrBig

The music in the trailer is awful. It doesn't work well with the footage. You have halo footage and then DDR music playing in the background. Is the official music not good enough? Not done yet? What gives?

The bigger issue is that the music in the trailer IS official music and is part of the OST :/

m23

So I guess we won't be getting the weapon sounds video tonight. I was hoping to watch it before I doze off.

Top Bottom