• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

lilty

I think it's cool that they made one so hard to find. Gave the community a project to work together on even though in the end it was found by people breaking down the games code which kinda ruined it.

And that's exactly what would happen if they added something similar to 4.

Karl2177

I think it's cool that they made one so hard to find. Gave the community a project to work together on even though in the end it was found by people breaking down the games code which kinda ruined it.

Because you were totally going to find that without cheating.

Is there a skull that lets me choose what weapons I spawn with? What my damage resistance is? Doubt it, and I want that customization. Then again, I shouldn't have been expecting much since we can't even drop the flag...
I for myself do not want such customization for the main campaign. I am okay with skulls as the only customization option. But about Spartan Ops, my opinion is kinda different. At least we know you can customize your loadouts.

I don't know if anyone really would have found that without looking.

Pennybags

I have a feeling that your Spartan IV will be included somehow in the story, like the one debated on about being an ODST in the background while the chief was on what I'd assume was the UNSC Infinity, perhaps taking the role as a minor character.

That would be neat actually. As if your Spartan was an extra in the cutscenes.

DeadNames

Banned
Has it been clarified if we saw all the weapons at PAX?

And if other weapons (sniper, shotty, rockets, etc) can have skins?

feel

So Murder Miners is getting sliders for aim assist, reticule magnetism and aim acceleration. Your move 343i..

I am. Stinkles said it would cause the least amount of issue or whatever, and I think a PC map would cause an issue.

Timberland was in a group of several maps, nearly all take form Halo CE. It was a nice shoutout to players of Halo PC. With only 1 remake and Halo 4 kind of being a "return" of sorts for Halo players, do you really think it could be a PC map? I do not.
I think it's for that same reason that it won't cause much issue. The vast majority of halo players don't know the PC maps. To these players, what is actually a remake is like a completely new map, thus minimal issues/drama or people crying "omg Valhalla/Waterworks again?"

well they answered a question relating to weapon skins in last week's bulletin:

So far we've seen that some of the weapons have customizable skins. Will this feature be available for, say, the hammer or sword? -Goosechecka

Both of those items do not have enough visible surface area to justify the hit on disc/RAM/hilt/buttspace. To be honest, I only answered this question so I could coin the term “buttspace.”

nillapuddin

ill say weve seen em all, but maybe theres another pick up weapon sneaking around

the protein weapons + concussion rifle were surprises

Shadders

I can see where you're coming from saying a PC map would cause drama.

Except for the case of Death Island. For those who don't know, Death Island is the island from The Silent Chartographer, one of the most well known locations in any Halo game. It would work well with AAs and has awesome Forge potential too. I really can't imagine Death Island causing any drama at all.

I thought the Railgun was at pax? I could've sworn I saw a Bravo vid with it in there...
I haven't seen any gameplay of it other than the Unsc Weapons trailer, but not ruling out that possibility. A GAFfer idk who but said Fuel Rod was spotted in the SpOps B-roll vid. There was a pic. taken but no gameplay of it has shown up yet.
Thanks, haven't seen this yet. So that leaves Fuel Rod or could there be more?

IHaveIce

Banned
I think it's for that same reason that it won't cause much issue. The vast majority of halo players don't know the PC maps. To these players, what is actually a remake is like a completely new map, thus minimal issues/drama or people crying "omg Valhalla/Waterworks again?"

Yep that is really good thought. If it is a PC map it is likely that it won't cause much DRAMA, Frankie said drama, not issue. Just a slight difference but maybe it is important.

Many don't know the PC maps and so there won't be any drama of recycled maps.

senador

Banned
I can see where you're coming from saying a PC map would cause drama.

Except for the case of Death Island. For those who don't know, Death Island is the island from The Silent Chartographer, one of the most well known locations in any Halo game. It would work well with AAs and has awesome Forge potential too. I really can't imagine Death Island causing any drama at all.

OK, but only if there are boats
and hoes

I haven't seen any gameplay of it other than the Unsc Weapons trailer, but not ruling out that possibility. A GAFfer idk who but said Fuel Rod was spotted in the SpOps B-roll vid. There was a pic. taken but no gameplay of it has shown up yet.
I do not understand what you are trying to say. The weapons were shown in official videos released by 343i. Why aren't they unveiled yet?

I do not understand what you are trying to say. The weapons were shown in official videos released by 343i. Why aren't they unveiled yet?
What I was saying, "to the extent of what I know" is that Fuel Rod gameplay hasn't been shown. I just edited my previous post for the Bravo video of the RailGun. Im not ruling anything out.

Karl2177

I for myself do not want such customization for the main campaign. I am okay with skulls as the only customization option. But about Spartan Ops, my opinion is kinda different. At least we know you can customize your loadouts.

Campaign re-playthoughs fall really short for me unless something is different. Weapons, AAs, even the ability to make myself invincible if I wanted to are things that I think could only add to the experience of it.

Talents

Banned
Anyone watching Ninja's stream? He thinks his xbox just broke so he casually said 'Brb going to get a new xbox'. And I think he just got a new one out his cupboard or something...
...why can't we all be that lucky?

Akai__

I switched the settings to French and played the voices within the armory. Too bad their actual voices don't change in game.

Yeah, I forgot about the armory voices. Didn't even know, that Kat is included. :lol

---

Hopefully, no one from the press, which is/was visiting 343i today isn't going to reveal something from the campaign. I don't like spoilers and I want to experience everything by myself. Seriously, if I read or see any campaign or SpartanOps spoiler, I will go completely dark.

Top Bottom