• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Aggrotek

This page from one of the Sandman comics.

And I know heckfu isn't Wu, lol.

Reminds me of this:
220px-The_Distillers_-_The_Distillers.jpg

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Transition? Cold turkey, man. Play default Halo 3 or Recon Reach right now.

There ya go. ODST.

Might as well start clawing while you're transitioning.

I think you've got it backwards. He wants to go TO bumper jumper, lol, but either way, "cold turkey" is the answer.

DesertFox

Whats an easy way to transition to Bumper Jumper from Recon?
I actually just did this - changed reach, cea, 3 and ODST to bumper jumper and I'm playing through all the campaigns. I played through reach and halfway through cea so far and it feels natural now.

Edit: only problem is halo 2 doesn't have bumper jumper... Oh well

it does if you have an onza ;)

I need one of those... Badly... Now how to convince the wife? :/

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I have only ever played recon. I can't even imagine trying to change. Not in this phase of my Halo playing career.
I switched from default to BJ about a year ago. Wasn't tooooo hard, but it sucked at first.

I went through some strange changes in control schemes in halo 3. I moved from default to boxer for a while because I liked being able to maintain my aim or whatever while throwing a melee, problem was that I had to throw grenades with B. After a while I found bumper jumper and after forcing myself to use it for a few days, it just clicked. So good, but fuck reach for stupid jetpacks.

Just do what everyone else is saying, try firefight. That way, you can't get super angry from getting dominated for trying something new.

heckfu

Banned
Let's hear about them advantages?

Better players will always beat lesser skilled opponents no matter what controller layout they happen to play on.

I like having the ability to turn and jump simultaneously with having my hands not having to change positions.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Recon for life! Don't think I could ever change. Been rockin' recon for 5 years running.

It's weird, before Halo, I played with Legacy sticks.

I haven't seen any gameplay of it other than the Unsc Weapons trailer, but not ruling out that possibility. A GAFfer idk who but said Fuel Rod was spotted in the SpOps B-roll vid. There was a pic. taken but no gameplay of it has shown up yet.

Thanks, haven't seen this yet. So that leaves Fuel Rod or could there be more?

Fuel Rod was 100% at PAX. I specifically remember seeing it on the map and Biggy talked about using it.

This isn't confirmed by 343, but I'm 99% sure that the PAX build was sandbox complete. There is a shit ton of weapons, about 25-ish by my count.

Fuel Rod was 100% at PAX. I specifically remember seeing it on the map and Biggy talked about using it.

This isn't confirmed by 343, but I'm 99% sure that the PAX build was sandbox complete. There is a shit ton of weapons, about 25-ish by my count.

I wish that they would throw in some weapons that aren't in the game like the Beam Rifle and Brute Shot for forge and customs.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I finally have bumper jumper down to where I only hit the wrong button a few times a match. It's been tricky. I like the control scheme a lot better though. You don't believe how many people miss you because you are jumping as you shoot them in the head.

Here is what I believe Halo 4 has weapons wise:

UNSC
AR + skins
BR + skins
DMR + skins
Magnum + skins
Rockets
Shotgun
Sniper
Laser
Missile Pistol
Rail Gun
SAW

Covenant
Carbine + skins
Storm Rifle + skins
Plasma Pistol + skins?
Energy Sword
Concussion Rifle
Beam Rifle
Needler
Fuel Rod Gun
Gravity Hammer

Promethean
Light Rifle + skins
Promethean Suppressor +skins
Promethean Boltshot + skins
Scattershot
Incineration Cannon
Binary Rifle

Grenades
Frag Grenade
Plasma Grenade
Pulse Grenade

So thats 29 weapons counting grenades, meaning 26 weapons total. Did I miss any? I do wish at the very least that there were more Promethean weapons, Im surprised we didn't get a melee weapon from them.

Fuel rod was playable at PAX, best sounding Halo gun so far. BEST.

Fuel Rod was 100% at PAX. I specifically remember seeing it on the map and Biggy talked about using it. This isn't confirmed by 343, but I'm 99% sure that the PAX build was sandbox complete. There is a shit ton of weapons, about 25-ish by my count.
Thanks you guys, GAFfers who couldn't go or weren't informed (like me) about this news are in joy. Very much appreciative :)

Here is what I believe Halo 4 has weapons wise:

UNSC
AR + skins
BR + skins
DMR + skins
Magnum + skins
Rockets
Shotgun
Sniper
Laser
Missile Pistol
Rail Gun
SAW

Covenant
Carbine + skins
Storm Rifle + skins
Plasma Pistol + skins?
Energy Sword
Concussion Rifle
Beam Rifle
Needler
Fuel Rod Gun
Gravity Hammer

Promethean
Light Rifle + skins
Promethean Suppressor +skins
Promethean Boltshot + skins
Scattershot
Incineration Cannon
Binary Rifle

Grenades
Frag Grenade
Plasma Grenade
Pulse Grenade

So thats 29 weapons counting grenades, meaning 26 weapons total. Did I miss any? I do wish at the very least that there were more Promethean weapons, Im surprised we didn't get a melee weapon from them.

ztkct.png

:D

Top Bottom