• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Yup makes perfect sense.

I'm really hoping there something surprising left to reveal. We've been kept in the dark about online multiplayer a little bit and things like Waypoint integration but I think that has more to do with that type of stuff still cooking - with 3 and Reach they had to get that information out early for the public betas.

Maybe a surprising game mode or something.

The lack of Theatre news has me suspecting the worst. Was hoping for an expanded feature set, party viewing and Youtube support or something but now I'm just hoping they reveal the game still has it.

I also don't understand the lack of Forge info. Considering they gave the entire mode to an outside developer - you'd expect they make a bigger deal of it. If it's just Reach Forge with palette swaps, a few new lego pieces and a few extra environments I'll be disappointed.

@Bold 1: LOL
Sorry, I had to.
@Bold 2: Theater is definitely still there, I believe there are videos out there from PAX that show it as a menu option. Personally though, and I've said this for a while and GAF considers me crazy, but expect nothing to change with Theater.
@Bold 3: Yeah that is a little puzzling, but I think that 343 has focused on marketing stuff that sells the game to a wide audience. The simple fact is that most people never touch Forge, let alone take advantage of its deepest features.

If the Spartan Ops cutscenes match the Halo Wars cutscenes in terms of quality then my eyes will be crying tears of happiness.

Dat eye candy.

88766-hw_prima_blog_04_01_super.jpg

love that cut scene.

Ever since I saw that cutscene I've wanted a more agile chief.

nillapuddin

It is a shame the games have not been able to consistently illustrate the ferocity and precision that is spartan combat

(as described in the books)

that said, it's an incredibly tall order to live up to

Give Halo 4 the same theatre mode like Halo 3. It does not need a big upgrade.
We do all of our in-game cinematics internally but Spartan Ops CG being done externally (not DD). DD has done some amazing stuff for us in the past, hope they can recover. Crap news.

In non-crap news - some of you are as clever as Frankie and his Mexican eatery clues ;-)
Thanks for clarification. :)

FyreWulff

Im so fucked. Forget buttons, I can;'t use the damn sticks.

I play with legacy. Which means I can play great in normal play, but when zoomed in it's impossible to control not having the aim on all one stick. Also it makes using the banshee a bitch because of the evade controls being on separate sticks.

I can't play non legacy because I can barley run around without hitting into a wall, and I can't drive a warthog for shit. i don't know how you people can drive a warthog with default control sticks. It's insane. It's the only way I can snipe at all though.

ANOTHER ONE EXISTS :D

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Im so fucked. Forget buttons, I can;'t use the damn sticks.

I play with legacy. Which means I can play great in normal play, but when zoomed in it's impossible to control not having the aim on all one stick. Also it makes using the banshee a bitch because of the evade controls being on separate sticks.

I can't play non legacy because I can barley run around without hitting into a wall, and I can't drive a warthog for shit. i don't know how you people can drive a warthog with default control sticks. It's insane. It's the only way I can snipe at all though.
Here's hoping they do add in alternate/tweaked/V2 control schemes.

Blue Team is where its at.

Definitely agree. In fact, that cutscene always made me wonder "Man, if these guys are this good... Blue Team must have been INCREDIBLE."

I secretly hope that (H4 story/OST title-related SP)
the track "Green & Blue" doesn't refer to John and Cortana, but the John meeting up with Blue Team
...sigh... one can dream, lol.

So, new video is due this week.. Do we think it will hit today with the Bulletin, and if so what are people betting on? ViDoc Part 2, Covenant Weapons Trailer or something else entirely?

We do all of our in-game cinematics internally but Spartan Ops CG being done externally (not DD). DD has done some amazing stuff for us in the past, hope they can recover. Crap news.

In non-crap news - some of you are as clever as Frankie and his Mexican eatery clues ;-)

I'm so looking forward to seeing the CG for Spartan Ops.. I know the comic con panel had a preview of the character models, but since I have only seen off screen footage of it its hard to judge the quality and detail.. either way, it looked good.

Enfinit

(Sorry in advanced if this was posted before).

However, someone over at Waypoint formulated a theory on the remake map. After Frankie's restaurant clue, they went into the restaurant using Google Street View, only to find this painting hanging above a table:

sunset-cc-arndw.jpg

Looks very Sandtrap-y to me.

However, someone over at Waypoint formulated a theory on the remake map. After Frankie's restaurant clue, they went into the restaurant using Google Street View, only to find this painting hanging above a table:

sunset-cc-arndw.jpg

wow

sunset-cc-arndw.jpg

Seems a bit of a stretch...

Like a lot of other theories.

nah it won't be that great. you wouldnt like it
lol

Definitely agree. In fact, that cutscene always made me wonder "Man, if these guys are this good... Blue Team must have been INCREDIBLE."

I secretly hope that (H4 story/OST title-related SP)
the track "Green & Blue" doesn't refer to John and Cortana, but the John meeting up with Blue Team
...sigh... one can dream, lol.

Probably reading into it a little too much,
John would have to meet up with the rest of blue team, then meet up with Green team. Almost definitely referring to Chief and Cortana

Enfinit

Seems a bit of a stretch...

Like a lot of other theories.

It's certainly a stretch, however it's more concrete than any other theories brought up at this point in time. The painting actually has striking similarities to Sandtrap, especially the boundaries and the central structure shape. One thing that stands out and discredits this theory is that I believe this is a photo of a structure in Mexico, whereas Frankie said the map had nothing to do with Mexico. On the other hand, the photo relates to the restaurant as well. It's confusing.

Also, it was a pleasure playing Murder Miners earlier!

Pop

sunset-cc-arndw.jpg

Strong CSI skills but he's stretching it a bit haha

It's certainly a stretch, however it's more concrete than any other theories brought up at this point in time. The painting actually has striking similarities to Sandtrap, especially the boundaries and the central structure shape. One thing that stands out and discredits this theory is that I believe this is a photo of a structure in Mexico, whereas Frankie said the map had nothing to do with Mexico. On the other hand, the photo relates to the restaurant as well. It's confusing.

Also, it was a pleasure playing Murder Miners earlier!

Wrong.

Seance

Banned

sunset-cc-arndw.jpg

this painting hanging above a table:

haha

Kibbles

Wasn't it said the map historically didn't work well with small teams. Burial Mounds isn't that large of a map.

And how did they go INSIDE the restaraunt with google street view? And enough quality to see a painting? Is it an outdoor place or what?

Sig is 21 iirc and has no post high school education, no car, no job, and doesn't understand how to monetize his fleeting popularity. Fun as hell to watch but kind of a sad life irl

Speaking of Sig, some of you might know honey who is his main competition. He's basically the only dude who can touch Sig's times. honey is japanese and doesn't... quite grasp english very well

someone sent him a song to listen to while he plays mario and, well

http://www.twitch.tv/honey82184/b/331248941
That is awesome. Love it.

So has the Storm Rifle replaced the Plasma Rifle completely? I don't want to have redundant automatic Convenant weapons but I find it odd that the Plasma Rifle aesthetic was just kinda ditched.

Enfinit

Wasn't it said the map historically didn't work well with small teams. Burial Mounds isn't that large of a map.

And how did they go INSIDE the restaraunt with google street view? And enough quality to see a painting? Is it an outdoor place or what?

I'm not really sure to be honest. Here's a link to the original thread on Waypoint. It'd probably be a good idea to double check the Google Street View tidbit (I'm feeling particularly lazy at the moment) as well.

EDIT: Google Street View allows you to see absolutely nothing. However, I Google Image'd the restaurant and found a variety of pics from the interior, which is littered with a plethora of Mexican-esque landscape photos. I don't doubt that the photo listed above might be in there, however it certainly strikes a blow to this theory.

Seance

Banned
I have only ever played recon. I can't even imagine trying to change. Not in this phase of my Halo playing career.

It's really not a big deal. I switched during halo3 after 7 years of "default". Only took a week or so for it to become second nature.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I'm not really sure to be honest. Here's a link to the original thread on Waypoint. It'd probably be a good idea to double check the Google Street View tidbit (I'm feeling particularly lazy at the moment) as well.

EDIT: Google Street View allows you to see absolutely nothing. However, I Google Image'd the restaurant and found a variety of pics from the interior, which is littered with a plethora of Mexican-esque landscape photos. I don't doubt that the photo listed above might be in there, however it certainly strikes a blow to this theory.

The levels of stupid in that thread are reaching critical mass.

senador

Banned

I posted a link to this earlier. Google must be doing some new thing where you can go inside stores. Kinda creepy.

I don't remember exactly, just remember hearing something about no hazards. Could be something else though.

I'd take Burial Mounds I think. Definitely prefer it to Sandtrap.

Click this link then look around inside the store for clues. I don't think it goes that deep though. I think the clue is lighter and with less depth.

So yeah, click that link. If it doesn't show you the inside, click the image on the left. BAM street view inside the store.

I can't see that image though and I spent some time this morning browsing around in there.

I don't think its Sandtrap. I think that image is stretching it. Based on Frank's "hints", I think they are much lighter than that and we are going to deep.

Edit: Actually, I see it in there now.

I dunno about that though, doesn't seem right. Sandtrap just doesn't seem like a likely choice. Fronk also said it'd be easily reversed and we'd be annoyed at the chicanery. This image doesn't fit that IMO. It does give the Seattle person the advantage since they could walk in there. I want to just know what it is, or have another clue.

I posted a link to this earlier. Google must be doing some new thing where you can go inside stores. Kinda creepy.

So yeah, click that link. If it doesn't show you the inside, click the image on the left. BAM street view inside the store.

I can't see that image though and I spent some time this morning browsing around in there.

I don't think its Sandtrap. I think that image is stretching it. Based on Frank's "hints", I think they are much lighter than that and we are going too deep.

Edit: Actually, I see it in there now.

I dunno about that though, doesn't seem right. Sandtrap just doesn't seem like a likely choice. Fronk also said it'd be easily reversed and we'd be annoyed at the chicanery. This image doesn't fit that IMO. It does give the Seattle person the advantage since they could walk in there. I want to just know what it is, or have another clue.
We have to go deeper.

Top Bottom