• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

So, is this another weapon, or an early form of the Boltshot?

zw50E.png

Show off.

Besides, mine looks longer!

Satchel

Banned
Never 'got' Bumper Jumper.

I understand the logic behind that control choice, especially for multiplayer, but I'll be damned if it doesn't feel awkward as fuck.

Never 'got' Bumper Jumper.

I understand the logic behind that control choice, especially for multiplayer, but I'll be damned if it doesn't feel awkward as fuck.

Took me a while to get used to it for Halo 3. I didn't use it much in Reach, although I use it all the time in SWAT. So much of an advantage...

Pop

It doesn't once you get used to it. I don't know how I played any other way.

That could be said about all the controller layouts. I say use whatever works best for you, changing layouts isn't going to magically increase your skills.

nillapuddin

Let's hear about them advantages?

Better players will always beat lesser skilled opponents no matter what controller layout they happen to play on.

theres no doubt that better players will win regardless,
but IMO bumper jumper provides a better, more comfortable gameplay experience

IMO not taking your thumbs off the sticks benefits players of all skill.
the reason being:
  • not everyone can "claw" efficiently.
  • jumping & aiming at same time

Also from personal experience:
When playing SWAT in Halo 3 I switched to BJ
I went from an average player to an above average player,
I feel I have much more precise and intuitive control of my actions

That could be said about all the controller layouts. I say use whatever works best for you, changing layouts isn't going to magically increase your skills.
It helps for making things more comfortable that otherwise wouldn't be like JUMP N SHOOT. In that sense it would increase your performance, for your pleasure and their's. <3

Im so fucked. Forget buttons, I can;'t use the damn sticks.

I play with legacy. Which means I can play great in normal play, but when zoomed in it's impossible to control not having the aim on all one stick. Also it makes using the banshee a bitch because of the evade controls being on separate sticks.

I can't play non legacy because I can barley run around without hitting into a wall, and I can't drive a warthog for shit. i don't know how you people can drive a warthog with default control sticks. It's insane. It's the only way I can snipe at all though.

PNut

Banned
Will Halo 4 be the only Halo multiplayer XBOX Live game to not have some type of competitive ranking system? Whether it be stars or numbers?

Driver55

Neo Member
343i does the CGI cutscenes in-house. (I think)

We do all of our in-game cinematics internally but Spartan Ops CG being done externally (not DD). DD has done some amazing stuff for us in the past, hope they can recover. Crap news.

In non-crap news - some of you are as clever as Frankie and his Mexican eatery clues ;-)

heckfu

Banned
We do all of our in-game cinematics internally but Spartan Ops CG being done externally (not DD). DD has done some amazing stuff for us in the past, hope they can recover. Crap news.

In non-crap news - some of you are as clever as Frankie and his Mexican eatery clues ;-)

fancy seeing you here. keep up the posting!

senador

Banned

Which of us are most clever? ;)

GhaleonEB

Yeah, DD's situation is quite saddening.

Valhalla it is, then. :p

Im so fucked. Forget buttons, I can;'t use the damn sticks.

I play with legacy. Which means I can play great in normal play, but when zoomed in it's impossible to control not having the aim on all one stick. Also it makes using the banshee a bitch because of the evade controls being on separate sticks.

I can't play non legacy because I can barley run around without hitting into a wall, and I can't drive a warthog for shit. i don't know how you people can drive a warthog with default control sticks. It's insane. It's the only way I can snipe at all though.

Holy fucking shit dude. Are you able to feed yourself? PUT THE FOOD INTO YOUR HAND AND FORCE IT DOWN.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
If the Spartan Ops cutscenes match the Halo Wars cutscenes in terms of quality then my eyes will be crying tears of happiness.

Dat eye candy.

88766-hw_prima_blog_04_01_super.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
When do y'all think the remake will be announced? Maybe... in tomorrow's bulletin?

Just got hit offline by the guy that harasses all the pros.
Got matched against him and now my Internet is down, great.
Gamertag is "Jockin PJ", what a tool.

wut

There's going to be something, no one knows what it is yet.
When you sign up for Spartan Rating you are issued a Spartan Shaker. As you win games you will be issued Spartan Salts to put in your Spartan Shaker...

Good Games tonight everyone. I'm really hoping my Xbox isn't dying...but it's not looking good. I just put my hand on the side of it and it was hotter than I ever remember it being.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
loadouts, armor, emblems

Spartan Hub

imokaywiththis.jpg

Yup makes perfect sense.

I'm really hoping there something surprising left to reveal. We've been kept in the dark about online multiplayer a little bit and things like Waypoint integration but I think that has more to do with that type of stuff still cooking - with 3 and Reach they had to get that information out early for the public betas.

Maybe a surprising game mode or something.

The lack of Theatre news has me suspecting the worst. Was hoping for an expanded feature set, party viewing and Youtube support or something but now I'm just hoping they reveal the game still has it.

I also don't understand the lack of Forge info. Considering they gave the entire mode to an outside developer - you'd expect they make a bigger deal of it. If it's just Reach Forge with palette swaps, a few new lego pieces and a few extra environments I'll be disappointed.

nillapuddin

Yup makes perfect sense.

I'm really hoping there something surprising left to reveal. We've been kept in the dark about online multiplayer a little bit and things like Waypoint integration but I think that has more to do with that type of stuff still cooking - with 3 and Reach they had to get that information out early for the public betas.

Maybe a surprising game mode or something.

The lack of Theatre news has me suspecting the worst. Was hoping for an expanded feature set, party viewing and Youtube support or something but now I'm just hoping they reveal the game still has it.

I also don't understand the lack of Forge info. Considering they gave the entire mode to an outside developer - you'd expect they make a bigger deal of it. If it's just Reach Forge with palette swaps, a few new lego pieces and a few extra environments I'll be disappointed.

Obviously forge is incredibly important to me and I'm unfortunately not expecting much else

It just absolutely needs to have rock solid performance. I cannot deal with another 3 years of frame rate issues

I'm with you in theatre as well, party viewing is a must for me.

I maybe watched 10 theatre clips since reach launched, in halo 3 my friends and i watched videos together seemingly every night

Does GAF know if Promethean Binary Rifle can pierce through multiple targets like Human Snipe and Covy Beam Rifle?

(Based on observations)
If so, the differences are maybe this:
• Binary: 1sk. Cannot bypass. Disintegrates.
• Unsc Sniper: Slightly 1sk. Recoil + Bloom.
• Beam Rifle: 1sk to head - 2 shots body? Cool Down. (Bloom? Idk. Probably Not)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Obviously forge is incredibly important to me and I'm unfortunately not expecting much else

It just absolutely needs to have rock solid performance. I cannot deal with another 3 years of frame rate issues

I'm with you in theatre as well, party viewing is a must for me.

I maybe watched 10 theatre clips since reach launched, in halo 3 my friends and i watched videos together seemingly every night

What I found funny is that someone here from 343, I forget who, confirmed that Halo 4 had the ability to use screenshots taken in game for the map icon picture - something that's been in demand since Halo 3 - but wouldn't comment either way if that functionality will be in the game as the user feature.

It's a big deal I think for Forge maps - map names are simply not enough for some random people on Live to have a clue about a map. A custom picture of the map would go a long way to help.

And yeah, in Halo 3, I loved killing time by replaying funny clips or sometimes entire matches I had saved with a friend and just having a blast. Really missed that feature in Reach - the silence on it for Halo 4 at this point means I'm just not expecting it. I'm fearing 4's Theatre will be as barebones as Reach. If not more, if that's possible.

We should be able to take clips and upload them straight to Waypoint for instant viewing or Youtube. It's been almost 5 years since Halo was the industry leader with this feature type but I'm not expecting it retake the crown here this generation.

Fotos

Does GAF know if Promethean Binary Rifle can pierce through multiple targets like Human Snipe and Covy Beam Rifle?

(Based on observations)
If so, the differences are maybe this:
• Binary: 1sk. Cannot bypass. Disintegrates.
• Unsc Sniper: Slightly 1sk. Recoil + Bloom.
• Beam Rifle: 1sk to head - 2 shots body? Cool Down. (Bloom? Idk. Probably Not)

UNSC sniper has no bloom. it was just in that build. look at the UNSC weapons trailer

nillapuddin

What I found funny is that someone here from 343, I forget who, confirmed that Halo 4 had the ability to use screenshots taken in game for the map icon picture - something that's been in demand since Halo 3 - but wouldn't comment either way if that functionality will be in the game as the user feature.

It's a big deal I think for Forge maps - map names are simply not enough for some random people on Live to have a clue about a map. A custom picture of the map would go a long way to help.

And yeah, in Halo 3, I loved killing time by replaying funny clips or sometimes entire matches I had saved with a friend and just having a blast. Really missed that feature in Reach - the silence on it for Halo 4 at this point means I'm just not expecting it. I'm fearing 4's Theatre will be as barebones as Reach. If not more, if that's possible.

We should be able to take clips and upload them straight to Waypoint for instant viewing or Youtube. It's been almost 5 years since Halo was the industry leader with this feature type but I'm not expecting it retake the crown here this generation.

My heart would explode if I got to pick a custom lobby picture for my forge maps

I have a feeling it will only be for the maps that squeeze into matchmaking, but I would like to be surprised.

You hit the nail on the head, halo 3 launched, halo instantly became an industry leader in community features, it simply is not anymore

Halo 4 needs a rock solid forge component
Party viewing
Easily Upload clips to waypoint-YouTube
Somehow improve file sharing even more

I am not a greedy fan
Except for Mk. V
I hope halo regains its status as the #1 community shooter
Clammoring for gameplay is one thing, but for halo to be "halo" again it needs to regain that community touch

343 faves plz ;)

I think I will be impressed if halo 4 can at least achieve feature parity with Halo 3, I don't really expect them to innovate there until halo 5 which is when the base will be there to build upon.

Based on the lack of real innovation on the gaming side of things though I'm not too hopeful even for that.

Top Bottom