• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm curious to see what MLG is going to include in their gametype (if they even make one). You now have a power weapon that is an automatic, something competitive players seem to dislike. Then you have ordnance, loadouts, etc. Interesting to see what they deem the most competitive settings.

No loadouts/ordnance, BR/DMR loadout options only is what I would guess

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Plywood is the GOAT imo
Fuck that guy.
I don't think I got the term Slrpy until the last 4 posts. :p
You know who's awesome?

everyone1wpmz.gif

Woorloog

Banned
I want to play Halo 4.

Me too.
Though i've started fearing the MP will have issues i don't like and that they can't be fixed later on. I most definetly don't want to play Classic lists, i've had enough of "classic" Halo.

Single Player and Spartan Ops though, i doubt i'll dislike them.

Havok

This is true, but it's a lot less frustrating when they're single-use, and when map control/position dictates your opponent's access to them.
Sure, I'm not arguing that they're any better or worse than armor abilities, just that their execution sucked. Being single use is nice. I don't think that map control factored into it as much as people like to think, though. Sandtrap has three bubble shields within 10 seconds walking distance from each other, all on 60 second timers (the bubble shield lasts 20 seconds). Then there are two regens on the map on 30 second timers, lasting 15 seconds. Longshore, a much smaller map, has two regens and a bubble on 60 second timers. I've written a lot about this before, but there's no real control involved when those things are littered around like a pinata just burst open above the map and are respawning with that kind of frequency. Especially not when you compare them to their properly-executed counterparts, the powerups. OS is on a 3 minute timer and is ultimately less useful. Equipment always felt to me like a great idea on paper that was executed exceptionally poorly.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I'm back. Well actually, I never went away. I've been reading all of the OTs, but it's been a crazy summer.

I went in today to pre-order the LE from Gamestop since I have some credit there and they said they have closed their LE pre-orders already. I can't imagine the LE being that limited not sure why they're doing silly things.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I'm back. Well actually, I never went away. I've been reading all of the OTs, but it's been a crazy summer.

I went in today to pre-order the LE from Gamestop since I have some credit there and they said they have closed their LE pre-orders already. I can't imagine the LE being that limited not sure why they're doing silly things.

WTF?

I wonder if the Pulse Grenade effect is final.

It looked pretty rudimentary from the PAX footage. Can anyone who played hands-on say if it looked better in-game than the offscreen footage?

Yeah, it looked really underpowered.

Oh, fuck. =(

I haven't preordered yet due to money issues. Fuck.

You cannot pre-order at Amazon.co.uk anymore, too.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
squid = tentacles = gravemind = ancient evil = i just spoiled halo 4 for everyone

Woorloog

Banned
And here i am thinking of cancelling my LE pre-order and downgrading.
I'm pretty sure that while the LE won't be available for pre-order, many stores still have it available in-store on Nov 6th. At least here in Finland (but then it is still possible to pre-order it here as well).

Ryaaan14

Banned
Haha thats hilarious, before details on the actual LE where properly put out it was taken off for more sales.

I'm pretty sure whatever we got is all we're going to get. Alienshogun tried asking for clarification but he got a cryptic response from Frank, so pretty sure he's not going to pry further.

Top Bottom