• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

I wish 344p would tell us more about the Covenant weapons next week.

iqQYH8rkPqTmH.gif

Havok

I put over 1000 hours into Blops and never started the campaign. No achievements for a game I played forever lol. I saw a roommate play through parts of it and it looked alright. I think 2lops has some sort of professional writer guy responsible for the story so we'll see how that is.
Sometimes that backfires. Crytek hired a big, well-regarded scifi author (who does good work) to write Crysis 2 who then shit on Halo's story during development. Then the game came out and everybody realized that Crysis 2's story was awful.

I guess he also did the story for Starbreeze's Syndicate shooter...and uh, well, yeah.
Game starts, player immediately drives off in the Warthog without a gunner.

Y'know, maybe the showfloor experience is better at replicating the matchmaking environment than I gave it credit for.

TheOddOne

Game starts, player immediately drives off in the Warthog without a gunner.

Y'know, maybe the showfloor experience is better at replicating the matchmaking environment than I gave it credit for.
Now we just need people killing teammates trying to get the sniper. Then it's perfect.

for me there are things I love about ODST and things I hate. I love the soundtrack, the actual missions and the feeling as soon as you get to walk around a wrecked new mombassa. I hate how every building in the hub looks exactly the same, which is made even worse when in visr mode, the encounters in the hub are lackluster for the most part (but that hunter battle is awesome) and the easter eggs were underwelming to me.

I actually really like Halo 3's campaign, its my 2nd favorite after CE. The story itself is ok, IMO a lot better then Halo 2's, and the actual level design is great.

Gui_PT

I like how Frankie just got quoted 7 times

Can't wait to see how many times people will quote this post of mine where I say "tits"

Tits

:D

There isn't enough time for 343 to replace the "killed" with a silhouette of the weapon the person got killed with is there? That would convey a lot of useful information pretty easily

Talents

Banned
BELI343.

Has a ranking system of any kind been confirmed?

No, ages ago he said that they'll be using TruSkill different from H3 and Reach's, but nothing else. That's why I'm annoyed, I don't want to hear about a ranking system a week before launch when I haven't bothered pre-ordering.

DeadNames

Banned
No, ages ago he said that they'll be using TruSkill different from H3 and Reach's, but nothing else. That's why I'm annoyed, I don't want to hear about a ranking system a week before launch when I haven't bothered pre-ordering.

Good point.

But just think, since 343 is trying to be like CoD, Halo 5 will have spectator mode and skill based ranks!

Blissful

Neo Member
BELI343.

Has a ranking system of any kind been confirmed?

I don't know why the skilled based ranking system question is avoided. It should be a given in any Halo game online. There will always be cheaters, I would rather get hit offline than suffer 10 minutes of gameplay with brain dead teammates

OverHeat

« generous god »
I like how Frankie just got quoted 7 times

Can't wait to see how many times people will quote this post of mine where I say "tits"

Tits

:D

In other news H4 mp is not 720p since it use reach engine kinda like they did with anniversary and its why the game is 2 disk..............TITS

Talents

Banned
I don't know why the skilled based ranking system question is avoided. It should be a given in any Halo game online. There will always be cheaters, I would rather get hit offline than suffer 10 minutes of gameplay with brain dead teammates

Same. The rare occasion I go on Reach, I play MLG thinking "Maybe I'll get good team mates and have good opponents" my team is a bunch of 10 years olds screaming when they get killed. Or people who if playing any previous Halo title, would have a rank of no more than 20. Yet, decent players get matched with them.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I was also very on topic with my Club Errera: Never Surrender youtube link so that we could enjoy some good old Martin O'Donnell music remixed. It's times like these that I'm reminded of those who sacrificed so much on Reach.

Remember Reach guys.

Top Bottom