• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
There's no denying Black Ops is an unbalanced clusterfuck. Sure, it has potential, but the game itself was executed poorly.

Halo |OT10| More talk of CoD than the MW3 OT

Blops is the best CoD since 4. Good story, good multiplayer.

HALO!

TOP OF PAGE GIF (50ppp):
halo4_1fqkkl.gif

DeadNames

Banned
CoD is like wild childish fun without caring about consequences. I enjoy Treyarchs CoD games and I'm looking forward to RANK playlist in Blops2. I'm looking at you 343i...

Ehhh... While that is true, I just don't like the gameplay.

Blops is the best CoD since 4. Good story, good multiplayer.

I'm at the part where they launch the rocket.. The campaign has some pretty cool parts, but the constant dialogue and the on-rails-ish parts kind of put it off. Plus it's kind of cheesy, but a good kind :p.

And the MP is just kind of boring. All the guns act the same :/. And plus there's very little variety in the weapons people use.

The only thing I remember about BO are the following:

1. The prison escape level, which I thought was pretty damn brilliant in it's pacing and scripting
2. ARGH THESE...FUCKIN' NUMBERS, I CAN'T GET THEM OUT OF MY HEAD THE NUMBERS MASON I'M ED HARRIS
3. DRAGOVICH...KRAVCHENKO...STEINER...ALL OF THEM, MUST DIE

Vire

Nothing about Black Ops story was good.

That was some of the hokiest, cheesiest nonsense I've endured in video games in the past ten years.

Can't believe what some of you guys are saying.

That was some of the hokiest, cheesiest nonsense I've endured in video games in the past ten years.

I'd still take it over MW2's story. That was even more incoherent than BLOPS, which is saying something, since it didn't have mind control or "NUMBERS!" :lol

DRAGOVITCH... KRAVCHENKO... STEINER... THESE... MEN... MUST... DIEEEEEEE!!!

MW2's story was even worse, though. How on earth is Russia supposed to launch a surprise attack on the U.S, FROM THE EAST COAST.

DeadNames

Banned
DRAGOVITCH... KRAVCHENKO... STEINER... THESE... MEN... MUST... DIEEEEEEE!!!

MW2's story was even worse, though. How on earth is Russia supposed to launch a surprise attack on the U.S, FROM THE EAST COAST.

Well well well... Looks like we got ourselves a member.

Damn that was fast.

So from what you guys are saying, BlOps has worse dialogue than Reach? :p

1v1 Living Dead on Swordbase

This once happened to me.

Dead serious.

Wait! No! Franklinator!! Don't mutilate yourself! JK! JAAAYYYY KAAAAYYYYY!!!!

EDIT: The rematch needs to be streamed, or at least posted to youtube. It's not the same if we can't hear his voice.

You brought this on yourself, Bregmann.

Do it, I think you have a good chance at beating him this time.......jk....NOT REALLY!!!!!

Iv1 me, kittens! Oddball, Assault Rifles only (except you get a plasma grenade for every 4th kill), 50% speed, 50% gravity on the entirety of Forgeworld. Get on my level!

1v1 Infection on Swordbase

Haha, for the first 1v1 we did hammers on Sword Base. I just teabagged the whole time.

I'm a member now? Cool.

Yes, Blops has worse dialogue than Reach. As does MW3 and most of MW2, Price's speech at the beginning of the final mission in MW2 is quite good though.

i liked BLOPS's Campaign =\

mostly because it's like playing a Michael bay movie. it might not make a lot of sense, it might be crazy stupid, but damn are there a lot of explosions, and shooting, and car chases, and more explosions, and mind control, and crazy shamylan twists, and explosions. that's really all i wanted from COD campaigns and they consistently deliver.

Korosenai

I'm late to this party, but I enjoyed Halo 3 the best out of all of the Halos.

Halo 2 was the first Halo I played back in 2005, so naturally I played Halo 3 next, and it's probably the game i've put the most time in out of every game i've owned.

On my main account alone I have 32 days of multiplayer played, and I made probably about 20+ second accounts... I don't even want to really know how many days total i've played.

Right there with you. One of the worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing, and the one that soured me on the whole series.

kylej

Banned
I put over 1000 hours into Blops and never started the campaign. No achievements for a game I played forever lol. I saw a roommate play through parts of it and it looked alright. I think 2lops has some sort of professional writer guy responsible for the story so we'll see how that is.

Top Bottom