• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Sai-kun

Banned
I would not like to see the next iteration of Longest/Elongation. Those are two decent maps no one ever talks about. AA's would make it a horrible map.

fixed

edit: top of the page. nice. have a gaga gif

mcmhA.gif

Homeboyd

(breaks out the sweat pants)

51 days til V2
Hahaha

Looking forward to it. Just curious, do you have a line-up of remakes you want to knock out first? I'm sure it will depend on what we end up seeing with the other 2 Forge environments, I was just curious as to which maps you had the most fun remaking and/or which were ultimately the most rewarding/true to the originals. I figured Turf would be up there. Your Turf remake was awesome.

(inb4#slrp)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
OT

Looks like the assassin's creed 3 steelbook was actually really limited. It's unavailable now.

Hope some of you guys got in on that.

Fuchsdh

fixed

edit: top of the page. nice. have a gaga gif

mcmhA.gif

I'm amazed how insufferable and annoying and attention-seeking behavior can be imparted in one GIF.

Someone over on the FUD forums noticed that the Covenant are spending a lot of time with green-colored lights--the cruiser and dropship, specifically. Is that just their new color, along with indigo?

Frankie I know you said that you wouldn't be telling us much about the playlists just yet but I just hope that for the multi-team playlists you make them two-man teams instead of three man teams. Never understood this change in Reach. Nothing more fun than taking out teams with a buddy or girlfriend/wife. To me it just didn't make sense to add in that odd third person and created some problems for matchmaking looking for that third person.

Or give people the option by including both two-man and three-man teams. But if we must have one make it the two-man team.

Sai-kun

Banned
What do you have against those maps Sai?

Nah, they're not terrible. They're just okay. I don't think AAs would bring anything interesting to them, though, and would actually detract from them. They're just average tiny maps to begin with, and jetpacks and dodging and sprint would just kill it.

I'm amazed how insufferable and annoying and attention-seeking behavior can be imparted in one GIF.

I know dude, that shit cray!

ByCZH.gif

While Jetpack of all things wouldn't be that serious an issue on Elongestation because it's all enclosed, now we have Sprint. Holograms would be crazy overpowered due to mindgames like running them on conveyor belts. Auto Turrets nom nom nom anyone going through hallways. Hardlight Shield breaks the map flow because it's almost all horizontally-based movement. Regen Field covers a massive area that would amount to most of the open playspaces. Camo... is camo. And so on and so forth.

nillapuddin

Hahaha

Looking forward to it. Just curious, do you have a line-up of remakes you want to knock out first? I'm sure it will depend on what we end up seeing with the other 2 Forge environments, I was just curious as to which maps you had the most fun remaking and/or which were ultimately the most rewarding/true to the originals. I figured Turf would be up there. Your Turf remake was awesome.

(inb4#slrp)

Ha, I have been thinking about it also

I think Turf will be my first, it really did turn out great

Not sure you saw the Relic I made last month but I am very confident I can do that again with a high degree of accuracy and fun so that will be in the mix

Hematoma (coag) was my Reach calling card really, it depends what kinda Bloody Gulchy alternatives we have

Prisoner and Chiron

those 3 are priorities for myself

ofcourse CenturionOmegai will do Tombstone, and then we will probably co-forge Colossus, Desolation, Foundation like last time

Im really hoping alot of other people pitch in and submit great work to the group, and then ofcourse I will help them improve

OT:

For those getting BL2 on Tuesday, you should add me and maybe we can roll co-op or something. GT: RebornYeti

On topic:

Halo 4 seems neat.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I really wish there was some type of clarification on what's actually going on with the LE game and LE console. Frank said he was going to clear it up, but we've got nothing and to make things worse, apparently the LE is starting to "dry up."

From where I'm sitting now it seems pretty likely the Recruit armor is actually default (just makes sense) and the LE edition of the game is just a skin for the default armor, skin for the AR, a steelbook and a season pass.

The Console is probably the only edition with an exclusive armor set.

Homeboyd

Ha, I have been thinking about it also

I think Turf will be my first, it really did turn out great

Not sure you saw the Relic I made last month but I am very confident I can do that again with a high degree of accuracy and fun so that will be in the mix

Hematoma (coag) was my Reach calling card really, it depends what kinda Bloody Gulchy alternatives we have

Prisoner and Chiron

those 3 are priorities for myself

ofcourse CenturionOmegai will do Tombstone, and then we will probably co-forge Colossus, Desolation, Foundation like last time

Im really hoping alot of other people pitch in and submit great work to the group, and then ofcourse I will help them improve
Nice. You guys have a better idea of who the remakers are out there than I, but I know of a couple at BP I'm talking to at the moment. Want to make sure we collaborate all efforts and get a good list going soon after launch. Don't you guys have a classic map group at B.net?

nillapuddin

Nice. You guys have a better idea of who the remakers are out there than I, but I know of a couple at BP I'm talking to at the moment. Want to make sure we collaborate all efforts and get a good list going soon after launch. Don't you guys have a classic map group at B.net?

Yeah ofcourse (we still have our b.net group(s)), we dont really use it anymore (I think) and started operating out of the Waypoint thread

Assuming my role is still valid at BP, I should try and contribute there more again to establish my foothold again

reducing redundancy and making sure we run with good map makers is important, I hope we can find the same level of cooperation and collaboration we did during reach

TheOddOne

HEY ELZAR, I KEPT WAITING AND WAITING AT THE RESTAURANT. I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL, HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ME HANGIN' FOR 2 HOURS. EVEN THE WAITER WANTED ME TO LEAVE, BUT NO I THOUGHT I WOULD WAIT. I PUT MYSELF OUT THERE AND YOU CRUSHED MY EFFECTIONS. FUCK YOU ELZAR, FUCK YOU.

SWAT and Snipers shouldn't get their own playlist. They should be in a grab bag playlist with other non official gametypes.

Mlg shouldn't have its own playlist. It should be in a grab bag playlist with other non official game types.

Guests should be restricted to one or two playlists max. They're still neutering trueskill and corrupting the matchmaking experience a full two years after launch in reach. They have no rights, so go play nice (in team training and FFA).

Vire

It's pretty tough to get a gage on these songs with just 30 seconds.

Haven still sounds like a keeper, Requiem sounds like it could be great.

Solace sounds like something out of Zelda, interesting.

I'm not going to make any judgements based on such a small sample though.

Homeboyd

HEY ELZAR, I KEPT WAITING AND WAITING AT THE RESTAURANT. I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL, HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ME HANGIN' FOR 2 HOURS. EVEN THE WAITER WANTED ME TO LEAVE, BUT NO I THOUGHT I WOULD WAIT. I PUT MYSELF OUT THERE AND YOU CRUSHED MY EFFECTIONS. FUCK YOU ELZAR, FUCK YOU.
no-words-homer-into-brush.gif

MrBig

Finally listened to the OST clips that were released a while ago. Pretty damn fantastic. I'll leave the rest alone until I hear them in context

Don't know what the fuck 343 was thinking with the remixes though

Homeboyd

This might be the first Halo OST I pick up... not that any of the other OST's were bad (there a lot I like), but dammit these are awesome.
117 is going to wreck.

Top Bottom