• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Moa

Anyone want to try and guess why we have two Promethean colours?

resource.ashx
image.php

Enfinit

I dunno, the Matchmaking gods are smiling on you then, or they have it out for me. I'd say I see camo and double beat downs in 7 out of 10 matches I play. Then add in other annoyances like jetpack, sprint + sword, grenade spam, and it's like 9/10 matches.

It's not the matchmaking gods if you stay in gametypes like Snipers, SWAT, and Anniversary, of which there aren't any abusable AA's to be a victim of.

In Team Slayer/Objective/Super Slayer the matchmaking gods can smile or spiteful with the flip of a coin.

AssCreed3 is out so close to Halo 4 that I might skip it and get it early January. I dont like the idea of trying to run through it in such a short space of time.

I would hate to be putting a game out to market at the moment when so many heavy hitters are coming out!
Yeah I'm completely jacked for AC3, but I think I'm going to wait as well. I don't have enough time in my schedule to play a single game this fall/holiday as much as I'd like, let alone two.
They tried that already :/

And it was hundreds of times better than what they have in MM now.

nillapuddin

got to have a couple months with MM being void of forge
(learning time for forgers)

throw a forge playlist in for a weekend
see how it goes

remake weekend !!
see how it goes

if they are successful, doo ittt

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's not the matchmaking gods if you stay in gametypes like Snipers, SWAT, and Anniversary, of which there aren't any abusable AA's to be a victim of.

In Team Slayer/Objective/Super Slayer the matchmaking gods can smile or spiteful with the flip of a coin.
But those lists get old quick. I mostly play Rumble Pit and Anni by myself, and Team Objective, BTB, or MLG with friends.

So a friend of mine tracks down a copy of A Link to the Past for SNES for me, and gives it to me free of charge.

Finally want to get around to playing it today, and I find out that, once I've dug out my old SNES, I can't find the damn power cord.

Sad day, today. I guess I'll play something else.

Edit: Sorry about the big image. My phone just uploads to imgur directly without resizing.

Edit 2: Just found out you can add an "l" or and "s" before .jpg on imgur urls to get smaller images. Cool beans.

Except nobody played in it.

Shows the quality of Forge maps.

Great logic there:
-Forge playlist, no one plays it. --> Sounds great, no one likes these, so let's integrate 100 of those shitty maps into all the playlists.

Forge talk will always bring out SLTY Steely.

Homeboyd

Thats the biggest image I've ever seen.

Shows the quality of Forge maps.

Great logic there:
-Forge playlist, no one plays it. --> Sounds great, no one likes these, so let's integrate 100 of those shitty maps into all the playlists.

Forge talk will always bring out SLTY Steely.
lol I know you are not a supporter of Forge or community maps in general, trust me.

I'm not saying it's great logic, I'm saying THAT playlist didn't work for a variety of reasons. Most players obviously prefer studio maps over Forge maps (as do I), but people won't play community maps in a list that ONLY has community maps, at least, not for long. So, unless you ax community maps in MM all together (which I know you'd prefer), they have to be featured in other playlists. Most people I've come across don't mind good community maps here and there in the core playlists, they just don't want them featured in abundance in these playlists. It gives us an opportunity to keep older playlists fresh with new content and, assuming the maps are quality maps, everyone is content. The weighting and quality is the issue.

My point was that the community only playlist has been tried and it didn't work. It may be improved if the maps in it were improved, but still, no one wants to play Forge map after Forge map after Forge map, at least in Reach. Who knows what 4 will have to offer. I just don't think it's necessarily 'right' for anyone to just say "well this feature needs to be cut because I don't like it." Ghaleon would likely be upset if you were going on about how you hate Firefight (or SpOps in this case if it's close to the same feature) and it should be cut because you didn't care for it either. Same goes for guys who like Multiplayer and couldn't care less about Campaign. If those people were to say "please cut campaign to a shorter length and give me more MP maps" be listened to over those in the other camp? (edit: I know this isn't how game development works, but you get my point).

It's about the quality of the maps and their weighting. A community only playlist may work in H4, but it isn't likely considering the dreadful #'s it saw in Reach. So, either sprinkle a few, good quality maps into other playlists with lower weighting, or abandon pushing community maps into MM all together. But consider the other scenarios I listed above before agreeing they should be cut.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So a friend of mine tracks down a copy of A Link to the Past for SNES for me, and gives it to me free of charge.

Finally want to get around to playing it today, and I find out that, once I've dug out my old SNES, I can't find the damn power cord.

Sad day, today. I guess I'll play something else.

Edit: Sorry about the big image. My phone just uploads to imgur directly without resizing.

That's my favorite game of all time. Enjoy.

Nowise10

Wut.

Why would Robots have genders, and why would they only sned one gender out in the day and one at night?

Im just thinking its because its Day and Night. Blue lighting is a good mood for night, and orange is a good light for day. Thus why you only see the blue ones on the night mission, and the red ones only in the day missions.

Wut.

Why would Robots have genders, and why would they only sned one gender out in the day and one at night?

Im just thinking its because its Day and Night. Blue lighting is a good mood for night, and orange is a good light for day. Thus why you only see the blue ones on the night mission, and the red ones only in the day missions.

They aren't robots, yo. I'm honestly thinking that the colours just help depict what "rank" they are. Kinda like the colours of Elites in the Covenant.

I still haven't played LTTP somehow. But one day I'll play it.

If you have a snes, I'll send it to you once I'm done as long as you send it back.

holy huge picture

Thats the biggest image I've ever seen.

I think you can see that picture from space.

Yeah, yeah. I got it ;)

Computron

I'm turning on my Xbox and removing you from my friends list.

Next you'll tell me you haven't played Yoshi's Island.

Haha, I actually talked about LTTP with my brother (not fracas) a couple of weeks ago. We couldn't figure out why we never owned it. We loved the original Zelda, Link's Awakening, and OoT but for some reason we never bought LTTP. Doesn't make any sense. And I still play every Zelda release, but I still haven't touched LTTP. I don't understand what's wrong with me.

And I love Yoshi's Island, one of my favorites!

edit: Shut up fracas, you also like Yoshi's Island

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What's Yoshi's Island?
It's a Mario game if you ask GAF, but that's wrong and stupid, as it's obviously a Yoshi game.

I'm gonna go buy a burrito, eat said burrito, and be back home in 30 minutes. I expect co-dongers to be online upon my return. Don't disappoint kittens. :-(

Edit : You're safe from my scorn this time, Franklinator. :p

Enfinit

But those lists get old quick. I mostly play Rumble Pit and Anni by myself, and Team Objective, BTB, or MLG with friends.

They certainly do. However, I was arguing against Wu, for he said he rarely came across AA or double pummel abuse, then listed he played mostly Anniversary, SWAT, and Snipers the previous night - all playlists that don't have AA's. Although I do run across double pummeling often in CQC Snipers maps (Countdown, Relfection, etc.).

nowise10 said:
Wut.

Why would Robots have genders
Firstly, not robots. Secondly, I'm pretty sure he was kidding.

It's a Mario game if you ask GAF, but that's wrong and stupid, as it's obviously a Yoshi game.
It's a Yoshi game, and the best Yoshi game at that.

resource.ashx
image.php

(Not really a spoiler, but want to be safe.)

Pretty sure I read/ saw somewhere (maybe the recent vidoc?) that:
There are different classes of knight, this could be a way of indicating which are more powerful.

I'm gonna go buy a burrito, eat said burrito, and be back home in 30 minutes. I expect co-dongers to be online upon my return. Don't disappoint kittens. :-(

Edit : You're safe from my scorn this time, Franklinator. :p

We can play, but we're also about to go buy burritos/tacos. Should be back in about an hour, hour and a half.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
AssCreed3 is out so close to Halo 4 that I might skip it and get it early January. I dont like the idea of trying to run through it in such a short space of time.

I would hate to be putting a game out to market at the moment when so many heavy hitters are coming out!

Yeah, I agree, I wanted the steelbook though.

resource.ashx
image.php

Separate sects of promethians that serve different masters.

I believe there's potential for one side to become allied with the humans.

I say we call the red ones Prom Knights and the blue ones Prom Nights.

Promethean Nights is a great name for my Halo erotica novel trilogy.

lol I know you are not a supporter of Forge or community maps in general, trust me.

I'm not saying it's great logic, I'm saying THAT playlist didn't work for a variety of reasons. Most players obviously prefer studio maps over Forge maps (as do I), but people won't play community maps in a list that ONLY has community maps, at least, not for long. So, unless you ax community maps in MM all together (which I know you'd prefer), they have to be featured in other playlists. Most people I've come across don't mind good community maps here and there in the core playlists, they just don't want them featured in abundance in these playlists. It gives us an opportunity to keep older playlists fresh with new content and, assuming the maps are quality maps, everyone is content. The weighting and quality is the issue.

My point was that the community only playlist has been tried and it didn't work. It may be improved if the maps in it were improved, but still, no one wants to play Forge map after Forge map after Forge map, at least in Reach. Who knows what 4 will have to offer. I just don't think it's necessarily 'right' for anyone to just say "well this feature needs to be cut because I don't like it." Ghaleon would likely be upset if you were going on about how you hate Firefight (or SpOps in this case if it's close to the same feature) and it should be cut because you didn't care for it either. Same goes for guys who like Multiplayer and couldn't care less about Campaign. If those people were to say "please cut campaign to a shorter length and give me more MP maps" be listened to over those in the other camp? (edit: I know this isn't how game development works, but you get my point).

It's about the quality of the maps and their weighting. A community only playlist may work in H4, but it isn't likely considering the dreadful #'s it saw in Reach. So, either sprinkle a few, good quality maps into other playlists with lower weighting, or abandon pushing community maps into MM all together. But consider the other scenarios I listed above before agreeing they should be cut.

I in no way think Forge should be removed from the game. I think Forge is a cool feature, but it is not a good map creator, and I don't want to see all the playlists filled with bad Forge maps (typically in map design and Forge limitations), when as you said, myself and most others would rather play the real studio maps.

If a community maps playlist doesn't work, then tough shit. The solution isn't to jam a bunch of those poor maps into the regular lists where people would like to play the maps that the developers made.
OK, which one of you was at this booth lol?

SbStk.png

Heckfu and myself were putting SLRP tags on the Xboxes.

Top Bottom