• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

willow ve

When will GAF employ a similar system?

GAF Gold version Nullpointer:

6YagH.png

Next gen consoles we'll see retailer exclusive campaign side missions.

Zoolader

hoping those texture pops arent final

I've been noticing the texture pop ins aswell, I just didn't wan't to sound like a whiner. I've been bitching about that issue in Reach the past few years. It gets really bad in Reach during split-screen, hopefully Halo 4 won't be as bad split-screen with pop-ins.

Homeboyd

I in no way think Forge should be removed from the game. I think Forge is a cool feature, but it is not a good map creator, and I don't want to see all the playlists filled with bad Forge maps (typically in map design and Forge limitations), when as you said, myself and most others would rather play the real studio maps.
I didn't say you were saying Forge should be cut, I was talking about how you wanted community maps in MM cut.

If a community maps playlist doesn't work, then tough shit. The solution isn't to jam a bunch of those poor maps into the regular lists where people would like to play the maps that the developers made.
My post wasn't suggesting jamming a bunch of poor maps into MM at all. I suggested that good maps be integrated into core playlists in a reasonable manner, not in abundance. And weighted lower than studio maps.

I'm actually more on your side than you think... I thought I was pretty clear on my end.

Edit: signed up at THC. Someone in the Forge section doesn't think too highly of me... Figured I'd give him the opportunity to express those thoughts to me directly.

Anyone want to try and guess why we have two Promethean colours?

resource.ashx
image.php

In watching the Forerunner ViDoc and other released media it seems during all daytime shots the Promethean Knights, Crawlers, etc are orange and at night they are blue.

Maybe it is coincidental as that seems like a rather basic unfleshed out reason to say the least.

Louis Wu

Play a few games of Team Slayer and you'll come across some form of "cheap tactics" at least once.
Spent a whole night in Team Slayer last week. Played two games against full jetpackers on Uncaged. Was really satisfying to beat them. ;) (I wasn't alone. I might not have been as happy without a full team.)

I dunno, the Matchmaking gods are smiling on you then, or they have it out for me. I'd say I see camo and double beat downs in 7 out of 10 matches I play. Then add in other annoyances like jetpack, sprint + sword, grenade spam, and it's like 9/10 matches.
Jetpack doesn't bother me that much. Sprint + sword isn't much worse than Halo 2 sword lunge (remember that?). Grenade spam... yeah, that annoys me. But seriously, if you're going to call grenade spam 'cheap tactics', how long is it gonna be until people are talking about the 'cheap DMR headshotting'?

It's part of Halo. Always has been.

Woorloog

Banned
In watching the Forerunner ViDoc and other released media it seems during all daytime shots the Promethean Knights, Crawlers, etc are orange and at night they are blue.

Maybe it is coincidental as that seems like a rather basic unfleshed out reason to say the least.

Different missions man (Halos don't have dynamic day/night so it isn't really a good reason, IMO), i reckon all the scenes with blue Proms are from the same mission. Most likely another Promethean faction.

Enfinit

Spent a whole night in Team Slayer last week. Played two games against full jetpackers on Uncaged. Was really satisfying to beat them. ;) (I wasn't alone. I might not have been as happy without a full team.)

For me, I really only see jetpack abundantly used on Uncaged...maybe every once in a while on Asylum or Countdown. But Uncaged...that's a jetpackers paradise.

Different missions man (Halos don't have dynamic day/night so it isn't really a good reason, IMO), i reckon all the scenes with blue Proms are from the same mission. Most likely another Promethean faction.

Just saying what I have noticed and am curious as to whether or not there is any correlation. I hope there is a much more involved reason as has been suggested pertaining to the story and lore.

Shadders

Regarding the return of The Arbiter. I think if he was in Halo 4 we'd have heard something from Keith David by now, it feels like we're always getting snippets from the voice cast.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was killed off in Thursday War. :(

789shadow

Banned
Regarding the return of The Arbiter. I think if he was in Halo 4 we'd have heard something from Keith David by now, it feels like we're always getting snippets from the voice cast.

Sorry, I can't be in Halo 4, Karen Traviss kills me in her next book.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

If Arbiter gets killed off, it better be in-game.

Woorloog

Banned
Sorry, I can't be in Halo 4, Karen Traviss kills me in her next book.

Sounds like something Traviss could do. Of course this would be under 343i's instructions, i think. I hope. Still, it is something that should be reserved to in-game situation.
I have a feeling that if we don't see the Arbiter in Halo 4, then we'll see him or hear of him in Halo 5 at least. Unless 343i goes retard and kills him in the books.

Karl2177

Jetpack doesn't bother me that much. Sprint + sword isn't much worse than Halo 2 sword lunge (remember that?). Grenade spam... yeah, that annoys me. But seriously, if you're going to call grenade spam 'cheap tactics', how long is it gonna be until people are talking about the 'cheap DMR headshotting'?

It's part of Halo. Always has been.

I'm just gonna dissect this and say that you have a higher tolerance for crap than I do. Maybe that comes with age(and constant bombardments of age-related jokes) :p

Jetpack bothers me because I earned moving up to the Sniper on Reflection. But because Rando uses Jetpack, he can ignore the fact that I earned that position and start shooting me while my shields are still recharging after killing Rando's guest. To argue your own point, not all games of Halo 2 with a sword had people being ridiculous with it. It was prevalent because it was a bug, not because it was an option built into the game. As for grenades, it doesn't help that they are more powerful in Reach than in any Halo game before and you start off with 2.

As for me, I can't enjoy Reach MP without a full party any more. I can barely enjoy Firefight after 343i axed Doubles(there's now no way for me and my roommate to enjoy FF Doubles without having to deal with Rando and his 56k connection host).

Louis Wu

As for grenades, it doesn't help that they are more powerful in Reach than in any Halo game before and you start off with 2.
I'm pretty sure the vast majority of playlists start you with one grenade, not two. (If the only real problem is Team Slayer... why not just stay away from Team Slayer?)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
text breakdown of answer:

.............nope.

So you're saying there's still a possibility he's in. ;)

Someone get this Xeno-fellator a fucking cookie.

oh me god

no whey

I gotcha bud, 10lbs of whey in my kitchen. I got all da protein you need for your face.

For the record, that's not where I thought I saw Arbiter (and it probably wasn't the Arbiter there either). I find it hilarious that guy decided to make a video based off of it though.

I'd be really surprised if he's not in somewhere.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i could be wrong, but didnt everyone* used to complain about how weak grenades were in 3? now everyone* complains about how powerful they are in reach. grass is always greener...

Top Bottom