• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

ibq4DS8N4lxA9U.gif

mmm, protein

Woorloog

Banned
Rather weak grenades than the pocket-nukes.

Yup. The 'nades did feel really weak in Halo 3 (they felt so in campaign, they felt so in MP) but after Reach, i really appreciate Halo 3's grenades, how they're tactical shield busters instead of... well, nukes. In multiplayer anyway, still would prefer slightly stronger SP grenades. Especially since weak grenades are even weaker on higher difficulties.

Karl2177

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of playlists start you with one grenade, not two. (If the only real problem is Team Slayer... why not just stay away from Team Slayer?)

As far as I know Arena, Doubles, and maybe an Anniversary playlist are the only ones that start you with 1 grenade. Everything else is 2(or 0 like SWAT/Grifball). And I try to avoid Vanilla Reach as much as possible. 100% bloom makes children cry.

i think the reach ones are perfect personally. by yeah, to each their own.
When 1 DMR shot followed by a grenade can kill, I don't like it at all. For gameplay reasons, I would rather have a tactical grenade, not a tactical nuke.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I gotcha bud, 10lbs of whey in my kitchen. I got all da protein you need for your face.
inappropriate
i could be wrong, but didnt everyone* used to complain about how weak grenades were in 3? now everyone* complains about how powerful they are in reach. grass is always greener...
uhm no

Besides, if you want to go there, they're both extremes at the opposite ends of each other.

i could be wrong, but didnt everyone* used to complain about how weak grenades were in 3? now everyone* complains about how powerful they are in reach. grass is always greener...
Most people forget the grenades are too awful in Reach because of the movement speed. You have no real chance to dodge Grenade. The most of times if you do not spot it in air, you are going to be killed.

nillapuddin

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of playlists start you with one grenade, not two. (If the only real problem is Team Slayer... why not just stay away from Team Slayer?)

unfortunately that isnt true (afaik) almost all of the playlists start with 2

: /

its bad.

DeadNames

Banned
Yup. The 'nades did feel really weak in Halo 3 (they felt so in campaign, they felt so in MP) but after Reach, i really appreciate Halo 3's grenades, how they're tactical shield busters instead of... well, nukes. In multiplayer anyway, still would prefer slightly stronger SP grenades. Especially since weak grenades are even weaker on higher difficulties.

The grenades in 3 are pretty spammable though... That's one thing though. Still nowhere near as annoying as Reach's though.

i think the reach ones are perfect personally. by yeah, to each their own.

If you can kill someone with one grenade while that person has full shields and low health, there's a problem.

I liked that the nades where weaker... and dont remember seeing anyone else complain?

kylej

Banned
Ah thanks. I'll hit that up when I get home!

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░░▓▓▓▓░░░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓╔╗▓░░░░▓╔╗▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓╚╝▓░░░░▓╚╝▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░░░░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
░▓▓░░▓▓░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓▓░
░▓▓░░░▓░░░░░░░░▓░░░▓▓░
░░░░░░▒░░▓▓▓░░░▒░░░░░░
░░░░░░▒░▓▓▓▓▓░▒░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▒░░▓▓▓░░▒░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▒▒░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░

Louis Wu

I'm pretty sure you're incorrect.
I hate it when I actually have to go check stuff. :(

Standard:
  • Team Slayer - 2 grenades
  • Team Swat - 0 grenades
  • Team Snipers - 0 grenades
  • Living Dead - 0 grenades
  • Invasion - 2 grenades(?)

Evolved:
  • Super Slayer - 2 grenades
  • Team Objective - 2 grenades
  • Rumble Pit - 2 grenades
  • Double Team - 1 grenade
  • Big Team Battle - 2 grenades
  • Multi-Team - 1 grenade
  • The Arena - 1 grenade

Anniversary:
  • Anniversary Classic - 2 grenades
  • Anniversary Firefight - N/A

Community:
  • MLG - 2 grenades
  • Grifball - 0 grenades

Huh. You're right - that's way more than I thought. I guess I spend much of my time in one-grenade lists. :(

For the record, then:
lists with 0 grenades: 5
lists with 1 grenade: 3
lists with 2 grenades: 8

Oops. :)

Just got back from a little vacation and I know this was discussed like 10 pages ago, but <3:

http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/332295586

Light Rifle + Boltshot all day errrday! 4 shot zoomed in, can't get unzoomed when being shot at + a Mauler that can shoot single bullets and can headshot? Yes.

David, great shit man in that interview. So many subtle things going on that just shows how good you are at interviews/public speaking. Well done :]

nillapuddin

Nilla's Reach:
  • Invasion - 2 grenades
  • Super Slayer - 2 grenades
  • Team Objective - 2 grenades
  • Big Team Battle - 2 grenades
  • Multi-Team - 1 grenade
  • Team Swat - 0 grenades
  • Team Snipers - 1-0 grenades

so many nades : (

The worst part about it was that I had to go and play games of Super Slayer, Rumble Pit, Invasion, and MLG. :(

(Amazingly, MLG was the only one I went positive in.)

You and Kevin Pereira need to do a weekly Halo podcast covering all things Halo. Call it: Errera and Pereira.

I don't know why I thought of this.

Computron

I love doing and seeing that, a grenade barrage that brings a smile to my face.

Yeah, 300 style 'blot out the red team's sun? fun stuff.

It's fun if your team is coordinated and not fun if the other team is doing it.

It happens so often when I go in solo, since I am always the driver as well...

Akai__

Blergh, Invasion sounds like it was a blast :/

When I play Reach, I play mostly Team Doubles, because you can get tons of perfections in that playlist. Once, we met a guy which had a K/D of ~7 and I was like "oh shit that's gonna be bad", but the guy was pretty bad (going -15), when I checked his profile it said he had a K/D of 7 in Invasion. He also had like 1000 total games and 800 were Invasion. True story. ;)

willow ve

im sorry friend, nobody should have to play Halo solo

why do you put yourself through that punishment?

Halo isnt even the same game solo, I wouldnt play MM if I didnt have a handful of people/full lobby to play it with (anymore)

Solo isn't that bad. You just have to learn to be ok with never winning, never scoring objectives, and being matched with full parties in every playlist you enter. But you can take satisfaction in being the only player on your BTB team to go positive or be the last player left on a team of quitters and jetpacking over the wall in Hemorrhage so the other team can't spawn kill you anymore.

Shit, why do I always play alone?
Probably because I play at odd hours (usually just 2-5 games in a row) and I don't use a mic anymore (due to people usually sleeping when I play)

m23

im sorry friend, nobody should have to play Halo solo

why do you put yourself through that punishment?

Halo isnt even the same game solo, I wouldnt play MM if I didnt have a handful of people/full lobby to play it with (anymore)

I always play with 3-4 people, but every once in a while I hop into a FFA playlist by myself. Not that bad.

Solo isn't that bad. You just have to learn to be ok with never winning, never scoring objectives, and being matched with full parties in every playlist you enter. But you can take satisfaction in being the only player on your BTB team to go positive or be the last player left on a team of quitters and jetpacking over the wall in Hemorrhage so the other team can't spawn kill you anymore.

Shit, why do I always play alone?
Probably because I play at odd hours (usually just 2-5 games in a row) and I don't use a mic anymore (due to people usually sleeping when I play)

It's like playing Monopoly with only 2 people. Sure you CAN do it, but it sucks.

Top Bottom