• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

m23

Anyone watch the Bonus Round on GameTrailers? Pretty good episode, check it out.

If anyone watches it though, try and see if you can make out what Geoff says about Halo 4 and 343 at like 6:47+. It's difficult to hear it clearly..

I think he was just speaking on how developers are making demos specifically for shows like E3. So during his visit they may have showed him the same moment, but was very different from what was shown.

I agree, really enjoying this episode, Tim Shafer and Cliffy B, awesome people to listen to.

Computron

It's sounds like he said that 343 moved the promethean reveal closer to the begining of the campaign than it is in the actual game.

You know those guys who have to explain to their friends how they die EVERY SINGLE DEATH, in explicate detail?

"Oh my GOD, I shot him 4 times with the DMR, he just turns around point blank and melees me with the sword and my melee didn't register, this FUCKIN' host dude"

Yeah, nobody gives a fuck how you died man. Not interested in your life story, my nigga.

Lol that's pretty much me.

Yeah, me too--with a healthy dose of incredulity. Never change Bregmann. Never change. Ok self, I won't.

Fotos

God i keep listening to the Requiem 30 second preview. It is so amazing. I just imagine the Chief getting out of the wreckage and seeing this beautiful planet. I love it

Thanks for playin' green. I promise to be sober next time. ;)

Was just about to see if you were still on ;[ Maybe next time.

I think he was just speaking on how developers are making demos specifically for shows like E3. So during his visit they may have showed him the same moment, but was very different from what was shown.

I agree, really enjoying this episode, Tim Shafer and Cliffy B, awesome people to listen to.

Oh I meant what he says exactly - sounded like he was poking fun at them for being proud of making a separate, streamlined demo just for presentations lol

But yeah, good show. I disagree with the context of what Cliff said about Unreal elements being reborn in Halo though. Unreal was only around for less than 2 years before Halo 1.. so that's not the same as the other examples they were talking about..

Every time I think of Gears and Halo, it makes me want a 3rd person Halo game that controls like Gears, except that it's faster and you can jump.

I didn't say you were saying Forge should be cut, I was talking about how you wanted community maps in MM cut.

My post wasn't suggesting jamming a bunch of poor maps into MM at all. I suggested that good maps be integrated into core playlists in a reasonable manner, not in abundance. And weighted lower than studio maps.

I'm actually more on your side than you think... I thought I was pretty clear on my end.

Edit: signed up at THC. Someone in the Forge section doesn't think too highly of me... Figured I'd give him the opportunity to express those thoughts to me directly.
That would be better, but based on what I've seen on Forge maps in MM in the past two games, I have little to no faith in "good maps" being implemented.

To me, it comes down to this: Forge maps are inferior, so implementing them in MM reduces the quality of the MM experience.
I don't think we will be getting much Sangheili drama in Halo 4. Nothing major at least, maybe in the next game.
Shame, the covenant perspective is really the only good narrative in the series.
Yeah. Ghaleon, Steely, Dani, Me, Elzar, and a whole bunch of others.

Especially Steely.

tumblr_lu3p4sNKDf1qdf6w8o1_500.gif

laughingdog.gif

Snowball-crushes-kid.gif

tZOS8.gif

You're like that guy who defends using marathon/commando in COD.

Except I have people who can vouch for my antics. :) And I won't deny that camo sniping is crazy overpowered and something I do from time to time. But typically I like to use camo to be able to get the first shot in or to assassinate. I prefer not to double beatdown, but sometimes I have to when I miss my assassination timing.

I would love to hear some information on the Terminals for H4. I really can't wait to find them. How many will there be? What will the format be? (closer to H3/ODST/CEA)

Gah! So excited for new story, new mysteries.

FyreWulff

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_3_Title_Updates

Didn't even remember TU1 to be honest, I still had this one happen to me after the TU:

Dying while performing a melee no longer accelerates a player's dead body over impossible distances.

I also re-call one of the bug fixes being to fix the infinite body falling bug on the Last Resort bridge or middle platform in Epitaph, that still happened too :/

They never fixed the bug. It was the reason that the middle platform no longer moved on Heretic.

The body flying one was fixed. The "throw" from the melee still happened, just no longer became an ICBM.

edit: for clarification

Computron

They never fixed the bug. It was the reason that the middle platform no longer moved on Heretic.

The body one was fixed. The flying still happened, just no longer became an ICBM.

Why would that cause problems? Does the body not disappear/get culled if it's falling?

Oh, you edited your post, nvm.

FyreWulff

Why would that cause problems? Does the body not disappear/get culled if it's falling?

Yeah. In the Halo 3 engine, if bodies are on a physics object, they'll fall through, and then the game will try to correct it and put them back on top of the object, then they'll fall through again.. and since they're constantly moving they never get culled (or it takes much longer, I never saw it stop happening during a normal game)

So they made the center platform on Heretic static, otherwise it would have been raining corpses in every game.

Fracas

#fuckonami
qeaLP.gif

The HaloGAF Tourney has finally come to a close. Congrats to team 789shadow.

With any luck, the next one won't take 2 months to finish :p

Top Bottom