• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

In Primordium,
Chakas
calls the Forerunner ships sky boats, or space boats, or something to that effect.
Chaka from Land of the Lost is in teh Haloz? It all makes perfect sense:

3k4sn7.jpg

monkeypeople39swx.jpg

willow ve

boats in campaign would be pretty cool. like, having to pilot them down large canals and whatnot. I don't think that's been in a Halo game before.

As long as the AI never drives you around... then yeah, put boats/subs/skimmers/etc. in campaign. Just don't script the AI
Kat
to drive you around.

IHaveIce

Banned
Didn't 343 say that there are six new vehicles? I could be wrong, but I thought that's what I read somewhere a few months back. I'd really like to see some drastically new vehicles. Water vehicles would be cool. I think Halo Wars had some interesting units that have never made it into the main Halo games as well. I didn't play it all the way through so I can't say for certain.

6? wasn't it only 2 new vehicles?

BigShow36

Great games! Team Shadow held ring 2 and pushed well on the last game on Refuge and got a good spawn trap going. BigShow was sniping people like crazy and Napsta was in our flag what felt like the entire game.

Had a lot of fun Noobs, Falagard and Trey.

Regardless of my distaste for everything Reach, I will admit that I had a blast playing with and against you guys. Those were good games, you guys made a huge comback in the second game to force game 3 and it just felt good to play some games.

I also believe that grenades should be powerful, it's important to make them a great tool to flush players out, but they also need to be balanced in terms of detonation time, weapon kill times, player movement, etc in a way that fits well with the game.

I agree, which Is why I still maintain that CE did grenades the best. The timer was based on the grenade coming to rest, not just hitting a surface like in later games. This allowed them to be extremely versatile for a skilled player, but not auto nukes if they were thrown poorly. You could avoid a poorly thrown grenade 100% of the time if you were aware of it being thrown.

I hate how poorly thrown grenades detonate in the same amount of time as well-thrown ones in later Halo games.

Not sure why anyone would use the BR based on this, all of the others seem to fill their own niches.
Because minimum kill times are useless without knowing averages kill times, difference between average and min kill times, effectiveness and average kill times as different ranges, ease/difficulty of use (reticle size/design, single/burst fire, spread, hitscan/bullet time travel, aim assist, aim/bullet magnetism), shots to kill/firing rate (probably more likely to miss more shots with the carbine because it shoots really fast).

Those are just some of the factors that you would need to statistically declare how good a weapon was compared to others.
From what I've seen they seem to raise players up kind of high, but run out of fuel fast.

Pretty fair impression. It's still a jetpack, but I think players will be initially shocked at how fast it runs out of fuel.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Pretty fair impression. It's still a jetpack, but I think players will be initially shocked at how fast it runs out of fuel.

looks like its useful for the rare occasion where you can shortcut map design by jetpacking up a level. no longer a continual use with charge always present, i cant imagine it will be used as an offensive ability like in reach nor will it be used to break map flow anytime you want to. i dont see it being an issue for 4.

willow ve

looks like its useful for the rare occasion where you can shortcut map design by jetpacking up a level. no longer a continual use with charge always present, i cant imagine it will be used as an offensive ability like in reach nor will it be used to break map flow anytime you want to. i dont see it being an issue for 4.

I really hope they remove the ability to fire weapons and throw grenades while using jetpack. It should be a mobility upgrade, not an offensive upgrade. With sprint and thruster you cannot shoot, reload, or toss grenades while using the AA. Why jetpack is any different doesn't make any sense.

And I still think it should be a simple double jump, but that ship has sailed. This concept would essential replace the grav lift from Halo 3.

Yep, that's the use I got out of it. I could shortcut up to another level, but you certainly won't be floating over the level.

Well, I just realized that we'll almost definitely discover what the remake is on Thursday (the mp map remake) -- Frankie's doing an hour long session at the Eurogamer Expo AND we know the mp will be playable on the show floor. It also fits in with the timeframe for the announcement... if it's not live streamed, I guess I'll update GAF on the day as shit goes down. Hype.

Talents

Banned
Well, I just realized that we'll almost definitely discover what the remake is on Thursday (the mp map remake) -- Frankie's doing an hour long session at the Eurogamer Expo AND we know the mp will be playable on the show floor. It also fits in with the timeframe for the announcement... if it's not live streamed, I guess I'll update GAF on the day as shit goes down. Hype.

Ranking system announcement!?!?!?!??!

in my wildest dreams

God dammit now I feel like playing H3.

Where was it confirmed that it is playable?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I thought I was doing a half hour. This is a terrifying development.

Noricart

Ranking system announcement!?!?!?!??!

in my wildest dreams

God dammit now I feel like playing H3.
It's all fun and games until someone betrays you for the sniper rifle.

I thought I was doing a half hour. This is a terrifying development.
You should talk about your secret plans to release Halo Wars 2.

I'm really wondering how info is going to be dealt out from here on out. It'll probably be Weapon Video -> Map Reveal -> Invasion Replacement Reveal -> Weapon Video -> Forge BTS/Multiplayer BTS -> Launch Trailer Blowout.

Are people actually expecting an Invasion replacement?

Crap got thrown in the dumpster for a reason...
I'd be a little disappointed after the update on Longbow and one of the Q&A being something along the lines of "we have a suitable replacement for invasion.
Unless all that was leading up to: "You can hold your pistol while carrying the flag!!11"

Ramirez

I'm really wondering how info is going to be dealt out from here on out. It'll probably be Weapon Video -> Map Reveal -> Invasion Replacement Reveal -> Weapon Video -> Forge BTS/Multiplayer BTS -> Launch Trailer Blowout.

Are people actually expecting an Invasion replacement?

Crap got thrown in the dumpster for a reason...

Blissful

Neo Member
Lets hope the European players ask smart questions. If I hear another question about if Halo 4 has multiplayer or if there is going to be a beta, I am going to flip!

Talents

Banned
Lets hope the European players ask smart questions. If I hear another question about if Halo 4 has multiplayer or if there is going to be a beta, I am going to flip!

HAY Wez r vary entelegant

Hopefully someone will actually ask about the ranking system. Except if someone did we'd just get the answer 'We aren't ready to speak about it at this time.' e.g. A few days before going gold they still haven't made the ranking system yet.

Blissful

Neo Member
HAY Wez r vary entelegant

Hopefully someone will actually ask about the ranking system. Except if someone did we'd just get the answer 'We aren't ready to speak about it at this time.' e.g. A few days before going gold they still haven't made the ranking system yet.

I really don't know why 343 still havn't answered this question. BS Angel just gave me an answer that we will find out a week or so before launch. How am I suppose to decide if this game is worth standing in line for! I am 1000% fine with an invisible rank that I can only see (1-50), I just want a 100% confirmation!

Top Bottom