• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Ramirez

Just like the people that say they would rather play a shit game with a mediocre ranking system than play a good game without one.

Someone here actually said that with a straight face?

Alright, so lets keep the games in their own bubble and have novels, animations and all that other crap in their own world.
Strictly regarding the trilogy and ODST, I would have liked some clairty and more of a background to some things.

The history of the covenant, their religion, why they clearly hate humans. (I believe this is explained somewhere else, and in A BOOK at that.) A direct reason for the purpose of the whole detour that is ODST. And by that I mean not having to assume the covenant are digging up the arc, and if it is cold-cut as that why not simply destroy the S.I so the covenant wouldn't get it and assault the dig site? Why put the impetus behind your objective in frivouls limited edition crap like Halsey's Journal, which helps explain the cortana stuff in reach?

I wish Bungie could've just released an official Codex or some shit.
Can't wait to see who's panties I wad up next.

I'm not really salty about that as much as the hyperbole going on in the posts above.

For all you know, Bungie had nothing to do with the books, or had any control on whether or not they were released.

The point is, to say Bungie didn't care about the game they created is borderline stupidity.

:(

Its the only thing about Reach that doesnt suck.

If you say so.

Noricart

For all you know, Bungie had nothing to do with the books, or had any control on whether or not they were released.

The point is, to say Bungie didn't care about the game they created is borderline stupidity.
You make it sound like I said they didn't care about they made at all. Which, in that case, makes it sound like this all over stupid word choice. :/ I'll be clearer next time.

Still don't like Bungie's story execution for the most part.

Everything in Reach sucks.
Yet people still play it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Everything in Reach sucks.
Wow, talk about hyperbole. The only things that are bad about Reach are low movement speed, low jump height, player inertia, bloom, sword + sprint, jetpack, camo, armor lock, evade, crappy maps, quitters, frequent host changes, terrible vehicle physics, redundant playlists... I mean, c'mon, that's like nothing.

Any yet I still prefer it over Halo 3.

Reach's good things are the grenade launcher, the netcode (before it because multiple-host-switches-a-game status) and the visual feedback on how much damage you're doing.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Wow, talk about hyperbole. The only things that are bad about Reach are low movement speed, low jump height, player inertia, bloom, sword + sprint, jetpack, camo, armor lock, evade, crappy maps, quitters, frequent host changes, terrible vehicle physics, redundant playlists... I mean, c'mon, that's like nothing.

Any yet I still prefer it over Halo 3.

Why?!?!?!?!?!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why?!?!?!?!?!
At this point, I really don't know, hah. The main things that bug me about Halo 3 is the crappy netcode, but there's also a wide array of feedback issues: when I'm taking damage, how low my shields are, when I'm one-shot, when my shots are landing, how close a grenade is to me, etc. Reach does all of that way better, and when combined with the better netcode, it feels more consistent (except for bloom).

But sometimes I play Halo 3 just for the maps. Light years better than Reach.

CyReN

Fuck it, this page is fucked anyway so might as well go out with a bang.

master_chief_gangnam_msjqy.gif
master_chief_gangnam_hdufz.gif
master_chief_gangnam_tyu9g.gif

You just made my day.

nillapuddin

I have a question... were the people upset about the canon finding issue with the books or the game?

The Halo Reach storyline significantly threw a money wrench into many areas of established fiction (books)

IMO, games>books in terms of canon.

If anything they should be held absolutely even in terms of canonical content, but because the books have a higher degree of detail and amount of content they are held above the games

Its understandable that certain things must be altered for gameplay purposes, but the foundations of the fiction should never be altered, Halo Reach did that.

Karl2177

Gangnam gifs are awesome!

I laughed because this is probably not a joke.

Yes because adding slrp to something automatically makes it funny!
Only short word I could think of that i) ends in a p sound, ii) was one syllable, and iii) could be extended to a two syllable word.

Haters gonna hate, hipsters gonna hip, and Karl's gonna Karl.

feel

Only short word I could think of that i) ends in a p sound, ii) was one syllable, and iii) could be extended to a two syllable word.

Haters gonna hate, hipsters gonna hip, and Karl's gonna Karl.
I edited the text on my post and added a link! :p

Karl2177

I edited the text on my post and added a link! :p

Oh I knew what you were referencing before you edited it in. Which is why I defended my usage of it. If we were to go back to when everyone was suggesting titles for the thread I'd guess a third of them were using salt or slurp.

Midnight launch for BL2, or no? I really feel stupid when I go to these things. Haven't been to one since Reach, lol.
Kind of answered your own question, no? Not for everyone.
Good for a non serious laugh. Company helps.

Faced 2 hackers in dubs- flew around as AA icons, held the ball underneath concussion on Countdown. Ugh.

File share: http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/haloreac...lect=Tile&tags=&startIndex=0&details=30713341
Anyone watched it yet and confirm his story?

Yea, I don't have any gamer friends, doubt I can coax my wife into going either. :p

Who all is getting BL2 tonight? Won't bother if I won't have anyone to play with anyways.
I got it with release day amazon, so I should have it tomorrow sometime. xbox version, down to play with people

Kind of answered your own question, no? Not for everyone.
Good for a non serious laugh. Company helps.

Anyone watched it yet and confirm his story?

yea. one guy is an AA, and the other seems to run faster. when the guy who runs faster dies he disintegrates as if he were a hologram.

Vire

Happy Rosh Hashanah to all my fellow Jews here.

Even if you aren't Jewish, have some apples and honey on my behalf. :)

Midnight launch for BL2, or no? I really feel stupid when I go to these things. Haven't been to one since Reach, lol.

Yeah...can we get a ruling on this? At what age does it become creepy to go to these things? 25? 30? Wu? The Reach midnight launch was suuuuper awkward. No gaming friends to go with and I was surrounded by a sea of xxx420EmilyBluntSmkr69xxx's.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Yeah...can we get a ruling on this? At what age does it become creepy to go to these things? 25? 30? Wu? The Reach midnight launch was suuuuper awkward. No gaming friends to go with and I was surrounded by a sea of xxx420EmilyBluntSmkr69xxx's.

I'm worried about this for Halo 4. Fortunately the GS here gives us a number at 10pm, then we can leave and come back at 12.

Yea, I don't have any gamer friends, doubt I can coax my wife into going either. :p

Who all is getting BL2 tonight? Won't bother if I won't have anyone to play with anyways.
I've only gone to the Halo launch events, but I've always gone alone. I just read GAF on my phone and try not to act like the out of place, older-than-some-of-the-dads-in-line guy that I feel like.

Preorder and stroll in at quarter past when the queue have gotten their stuff and are standing around the store chattering?

BigShow36

The best way is to avoid the major "gaming" retailers. Go to a Walmart or local Supermarket that has an electronics dept. Either find one thats open 24/7 or one that's doing a midnight launch. You can usually show up 5 minutes before midnight and just walk in and get one without the 18 hour wait that comes with major gaming stores.

Top Bottom