• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Talents

Banned
I really don't know why 343 still havn't answered this question. BS Angel just gave me an answer that we will find out a week or so before launch. How am I suppose to decide if this game is worth standing in line for! I am 1000% fine with an invisible rank that I can only see (1-50), I just want a 100% confirmation!

A week or so before launch?? You've gotta be kidding me? The reason I haven't pre-ordered yet is because I want to here what the ranking system is, yet they're making us wait a week before launch?

A week or so before launch?? You've gotta be kidding me? The reason I haven't pre-ordered yet is because I want to here what the ranking system is, yet they're making us wait a week before launch?

According to frankie, 1-50 promotes cheating so lets just punish everyone instead of figuring a better way of dealing with the problem.

its going to be broken trueskill like reach.

Pop

Made me wait so late I missed out on the LE H4.

Talents

Banned
According to frankie, 1-50 promotes cheating so lets just punish everyone instead of figuring a better way of dealing with the problem.

Tbh, if the invisible ranking thing is true, imo it's going to promote cheating more. Say if the rank resets after a set period of time, people will spend less to pay people to rank them up, but they will pay it more often. I know one of my team mates will be levelling accounts like crazy to make a fair amount of money in his spare time.

Lol every single person in this thread is going to have Halo 4 within days of release.

Can I make a bet with you on that? I'll send you 3 of my games if I have the game within days of release if a decent ranking system isn't implemented.

L1NETT

I will try to ask the worst questions possible, make yourselves ready

Is single wielding in Halo 4? Will Noble 6 be in the game? What flavour Mountain Dew gives me the most Spartan Points?

Actually quite hard to come up with awful questions...

---

On Eurogamer, I know Ice is going and Hydra isn't. Are you coming Hyper?

This needs a hahahaohwow.jpg to go with it. Oh, you're being serious?

tumblr_ma2ce9P9H91qbiia1o6_250.gif

This do? Everything must be through the medium of David Mitchell ;-)

Sorry in advance for the Tumblr Gif Plywood.

Blissful

Neo Member

I'm on the same boat, dude. I just can't see why we can't get an answer.

That's exactly what I said, yes. Thanks for quoting me verbatim.

So is the invisible ranking system (1-50) where the player is only able to see their own rank no longer true? and by rank I mean based on skill, not progression like we have seen in Reach and in Halo 4 builds.

Pop

Well of course were all going to be getting H4 at midnight. Still waiting a week before release to find out if a skill based rank system will be in is just poop. Blops2 didn't even hesitate.

Blissful

Neo Member
Showing off isn't the point of the system. It was fun and motivating to win when you had a goal to reach the top level. The progression ranking system in Reach was dull and boring because winning didn't matter and it was easily boosted through grifball.

The whole point is that it promoted competitive play. I just find it unfair that a few cheaters had to ruin it for everyone. Can't 343 just have a dedicated online "matchmaking team" to deal with cheaters?

I have friends who would only play Ranked on Halo 3... We had customs going on which where far more competitive than anything in matchmaking, yet they would refuse to play customs. I kind of get it... its pretty fun having something on the line so to speak and I suppose playing competitively against different people is better than simply playing competitively against just the same people but if Halo 4 has good gameplay I can personally honestly live without a ranking system.

It will be a shame to not have it, and im sure it will be sorely missed if its not there, but its certainly not a game breaking thing.

Ramirez

It retconned the books, which Bungie never went with anyways. That was their decision, doesn't mean they didn't care about the universe they created.

I really don't know why 343 still havn't answered this question. BS Angel just gave me an answer that we will find out a week or so before launch. How am I suppose to decide if this game is worth standing in line for! I am 1000% fine with an invisible rank that I can only see (1-50), I just want a 100% confirmation!

Where did she say this?

Seems kind of odd they would use the last bulletin on that instead of talking about different launch parties.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
And? That wasn't my point. They created that world and lore, if they didn't care for it then they would have made it. Yes, they changed some stuff. Even then, you can't say they don't care about the universe they help shape.

But they didn't care about what he thought was important, don't you see how much they don't care?

I thought I was doing a half hour. This is a terrifying development.
Dun worry, Heckfu will send in questions about if H4 has Multiplayer and Mike Dongblain.
I like how some of you are still pretending you won't buy the game if it doesn't have a 1-50 style ranking system.
Just like the people that say they would rather play a shit game with a mediocre ranking system than play a good game without one.

Ridiculous.

1-50 in H3 used trueskill.

Noricart

It retconned the books, which Bungie never went with anyways. That was their decision, doesn't mean they didn't care about the universe they created.

But they didn't care about what he thought was important, don't you see how much they don't care?
Alright, so lets keep the games in their own bubble and have novels, animations and all that other crap in their own world.
Strictly regarding the trilogy and ODST, I would have liked some clairty and more of a background to some things.

The history of the covenant, their religion, why they clearly hate humans. (I believe this is explained somewhere else, and in A BOOK at that.) A direct reason for the purpose of the whole detour that is ODST. And by that I mean not having to assume the covenant are digging up the arc, and if it is cold-cut as that why not simply destroy the S.I so the covenant wouldn't get it and assault the dig site? Why put the impetus behind your objective in frivouls limited edition crap like Halsey's Journal, which helps explain the cortana stuff in reach?

I wish Bungie could've just released an official Codex or some shit.
Can't wait to see who's panties I wad up next.

People are still salty over a couple of dates being changed in Reach?
I'm not really salty about that as much as the hyperbole going on in the posts above.

Top Bottom