• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Forge |OT| - Create, Share & Kill

zumphry

Banned
ForgeGAF Customs: 2/26/11 - 3pm EST | 20:00 GMT/UTC Starting in 5 minutes! Message ZayneHumphrey for an invite!

List of maps:

Yeti-Dome - FFA DMRs
Nakama - Multi-Team Crazy King ARs
Oppidum - Community Slayer
Reactor (Game 1) - Multi-Flag DMRs
Abyssus - Team DMRs
Aquamatic - Community Slayer
Truss - Multi-Flag DMRs
SkyDock - Community Slayer
Reactor (Game 2) - Team DMRs
Mind The Gap - 1 Flag ARs
Pork - Multi-Flag ARs
Watershed (Game 1) - Team DMRs
Fusion - 1 Bomb ARs
Watershed (Game 2) - Multi-Flag DMRs
Minerva - 1 Flag DMRs
Reliance - 1 Bomb ARs
Aurora - Invasion

--
Time Permitting:

Forlorn - Community Slayer

Oh, and:

Forging God NOKYARD said:
If you are submitting a map with the intention of having it considered for the Community Slayer playlist please state that you want it tested with the Community Slayer MM variant.

O D I N

ZayneH said:
You don't count since you played customs ON YOUR FREAKIN' WEDDING DAY

and because look at my avatar

(and new page for 100 pagers)

ForgeGAF Customs: 2/26/11 - 3pm EST | 20:00 GMT/UTC

List of maps (in progress):

Yeti-Dome 1.2
Nakama (Havok)
Fusion
Truss v6
Minerva - 1 Flag DMRs
Oppidum
Watershed - Game 1: Team DMRs | Game 2: Multi-Flag DMRs
bearcano untitled
Mind The Gap
Aurora
Reliance
Nokyard's New Crazy Ass Map (?)
Reactor
Void
Sik (aka mr.fancy star nameplate) ambitious untitled (?)
Abyssus

Argh, I'm working until 7 central. :( I'll check back and see if you guys are still playing later.

I don't know if I'll be able to make customs, but if you guys have a large enough party, you should check out this Invasion map, it looks pretty sweet.

8Kf5L.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
we're getting hammered by snow currently, and power is already wavering a bit. if it goes out (a high likelyhood) i probably wont be available sat for customs.

i'm going to hop on now to make sure my newest versions of truss, oppidum, and mind the gap are up and ready for play

zumphry

Banned
op_ivy said:
we're getting hammered by snow currently, and power is already wavering a bit. if it goes out (a high likelyhood) i probably wont be available sat for customs.

Probably jinxing myself with this but this morning I was hammered with snow, so hopefully that's all passed for me. If not, I'll go all Rebel Alliance and make a generator and room in the snow.

Fucking great. Getting random disconnects on Xbox Live and my computer. If I can't start customs tomorrow, or if I start disconnecting during them, can someone fill in?

op_ivy

ZayneH said:
Probably jinxing myself with this but this morning I was hammered with snow, so hopefully that's all passed for me. If not, I'll go all Rebel Alliance and make a generator and room in the snow.

Fucking great. Getting random disconnects on Xbox Live and my computer. If I can't start customs tomorrow, or if I start disconnecting during them, can someone fill in?

after posting that, i fired up forge, double checked my maps before adding em to my file share and updating my post.... and the power went out.

its on now, but who knows how long. i'll post my maps ASAP.

no power sucks ass. living next to in-laws in a major snow storm SUCKS MAJOR ASS! finally finished taking care of their snow, now to do mine.

op_ivy

Mind the Gap.1 - 1 Flag CTF. 8 to 12 players (8 preferred). recommended AR/magnum starts.

Oppidum.1 - Team Slayer. 6 to 12 players (8 preferred). AR/magnum or DMR starts.

Truss.6 - CTF (2 Flag). 8 to 16 players (8-12 preferred). recommended DMR starts.

I'll not join tomorrow. Sorry guys. But there is always hope:
There are other weeks with a saturday :p
. I hope you won't miss my "come on"

zumphry

Banned
op_ivy said:
after posting that, i fired up forge, double checked my maps before adding em to my file share and updating my post.... and the power went out.

its on now, but who knows how long. i'll post my maps ASAP.

no power sucks ass. living next to in-laws in a major snow storm SUCKS MAJOR ASS! finally finished taking care of their snow, now to do mine.

ztgqs.jpg

?

but seriously, I love snow when it doesn't fuck with powerlines

Hypertrooper said:
I'll not join tomorrow. Sorry guys. But there is always hope:
There are other weeks with a saturday :p
. I hope you won't miss my "come on"

I already GarageBand'd it so if we play I'll just loop the techno remix.

vhfive

Newest version of Reactor *click*. Not totally done with it but this as much as I can do before customs (going out tonight). Would like to see 4v4 (5v5 would probably work but it might be a bit crowded) with CTF or TS (or both :p).

I'm probably not going to make it to customs tomorrow either (forgegaf or normal). I'm playing bball during the day then getting drunk at night.

zumphry

Banned
Updated the map list post to have download links if I can't host for whatever reason tomorrow. Probably gonna get on now and do some stuff to Aurora and delete last week's films from my fileshare.

Gonna run through Fusion and my untitled map (and will title it) tonight. I will want the untitled map to be considered for the community playlist.

Anyone know if it's possible to force a Juggernaut to be an Elite? I'm trying to make a sort of "Predator"-gametype where the Juggernaut is an Elite, has camo and a Spartan Laser.

EDIT: For some reason the goddamn Predator keeps spawning with a gravhammer, even though I set it up to start with a Laser. Strange.

Raide

Heya gang!

I have uploaded the latest Nakama version to my file share. It still has the same 4 team spawns as Havok did but now tweaked a bit more. KotH is now added as well as weapons spawns for the lower section of the map and now the middle platform.

It still seems fun firing into the middle but since that is the Hill, it will lead to some really crazy stuff. Secret teleport is still in, since it was funny. :D Let me know if more cover is needed for the middle but I did not want to make it too hard to jump camp there without problems.

New map in the works!

Pork!

Don't ask me why I called it that. :D

Close Quarters Multiflag CTF. Has Red and Blue spawns in, plus basic weapons. (I am always rubbish and picking out weapons to play with. Map is symmetrical and has various way to get to the map. Seems to suit 4v4 but it might be a little small in its current built. I am planning on expanding it a bit more once the first tests are done.

Cheers all!

I will hopefully be around for Customs tonight. Have a nasty cough, so I won't be talking/coughing into the mic. :p

op_ivy

If you are submitting a map with the intention of having it considered for the Community Slayer playlist please state that you want it tested with the Community Slayer MM variant.

what is this exactly?

i'd like my map (oppidum) to ultimately be considered for community slayer, so i guess i'd like to have the community slayer MM variant for it

zumphry

Banned
Maps and gametypes added/changed accordingly. Like it says above, 2:30 EST | 19:30 GMT/UTC is when I'm gonna have to definitely cut off submissions.

Should probably get started on Aurora..

Raide

ZayneH said:
Maps and gametypes added/changed accordingly. Like it says above, 2:30 EST | 19:30 GMT/UTC is when I'm gonna have to definitely cut off submissions.

Should probably get started on Aurora..

Yes you should :p

Can you take Void off for me? I still don't know what to do with the map and its a little bad for me to have 3 maps up there. At least someone else will be able to sneak in then. :D

Edit: Weird. I added the stuff to Pork and saved, loaded it up and none of the stuff I added is there. Annoying.

Edit 2: Pork is now back but as Pork V2

MrBig

Yeti Dome: Fantastic. I don't know what else you could do

Opidum:: Too top centric. No point in going down except for rockets (which spawn too fast). The chandelier stops grenade trading from base to base. The ramps to the top of the bases need to be less vertical and you shouldn't have to jump.

Reactor: Really loved this, reminded me of midship.

Aquamatic: More DMRs. Monster closets need to go.

Gui_PT

ZayneH said:
I can say the same thing to you, seeing you humping me over and over got really fucking old.

What the hell are you talking about?

You started doing that since the 1st game, yelling my name trying to humiliate me.

So it's fun when you do it but not when I do it?

I just got on to have fun man. If you don't like getting humped, don't hump others.

Grow up, you're like a child. It's not my fault you're a sore loser.

No point in replying, you're ignored until I get an apology.

Edit: Sorry everyone else but I'm pissed. That behavior of his was completely ridiculous and uncalled for.

MrBig

Gui_PT said:
What the hell are you talking about?

You started doing that since the 1st game, yelling my name trying to humiliate me.

So it's fun when you do it but not when I do it?

I just got on to have fun man. If you don't like getting humped, don't hump others.

Grow up, you're like a child. It's not my fault you're a sore loser.

No point in replying, you're ignored until I get an apology.

Edit: Sorry everyone else but I'm pissed. That behavior of his was completely ridiculous and uncalled for.
Yes completely. His whining ruined the last few games and caused everyone to quit out, we didn't even get half the maps in.

op_ivy

MrBig said:
Opidum:: Too top centric. No point in going down except for rockets (which spawn too fast). The chandelier stops grenade trading from base to base. The ramps to the top of the bases need to be less vertical and you shouldn't have to jump.

top centric, as in, top of the bases? not sure how to eliminate that, other then maybe to remove that top portion entirely.

EDIT: again, sorry i had to bail after yeti dome. i had dropped my daughter at my parents for a few hours to play halo (such a dad!) and she was apparently hysterical, so i went to pick her up. sounds like i missed more then maps!

zumphry

Banned
MrBig said:
Yes completely. His whining ruined the last few games and caused everyone to quit out, we didn't even get half the maps in.

I'm sorry to you, Gui and everyone else. I've had a really bad week, and being shitty at this game and having shitty games, no matter how stupid of an excuse it is, set me over the edge. I shouldn't have snapped, and so I'm sorry.

Not that it matters since I've been a horrible host (and person) anyway, but I'm done with managing/playing customs.

But yay, internet drama provided by me once again.

Raide

op_ivy said:
top centric, as in, top of the bases? not sure how to eliminate that, other then maybe to remove that top portion entirely.

EDIT: again, sorry i had to bail after yeti dome. i had dropped my daughter at my parents for a few hours to play halo (such a dad!) and she was apparently hysterical, so i went to pick her up. sounds like i missed more then maps!

Top centric, as in everyone spent 99% of their time sitting in the top bases. I did not find myself using the sides or even the ground floor. It might be worth getting rid of the front ramp straight into the base and give people a reason to use the left and right sides. I would make the bases a little easier to get in and out of. The ramp up there is a little annoying since you have to do that hop every time.

Overall I actually enjoyed the map but agree with the others when we spent more time hiding in the bases. The middle section is really nice, so I would be tempted to use that but provide a different route before accessing the bases.

op_ivy

Raide said:
Top centric, as in everyone spent 99% of their time sitting in the top bases. I did not find myself using the sides or even the ground floor. It might be worth getting rid of the front ramp straight into the base and give people a reason to use the left and right sides. I would make the bases a little easier to get in and out of. The ramp up there is a little annoying since you have to do that hop every time.

Overall I actually enjoyed the map but agree with the others when we spent more time hiding in the bases. The middle section is really nice, so I would be tempted to use that but provide a different route before accessing the bases.

yeah, i feel that the rest of the map could be very interesting and i'd rather it not be a battle for that top position. i think i'll try editing out the top (3rd floor) of the bases and ramps, and instead open up the 2nd floor of the bases to the center platform area. hopefully that will encourage more movement throughout.

any interesting battles over the rockets?

EDIT: what maps got played?

Raide

op_ivy said:
yeah, i feel that the rest of the map could be very interesting and i'd rather it not be a battle for that top position. i think i'll try editing out the top (3rd floor) of the bases and ramps, and instead open up the 2nd floor of the bases to the center platform area. hopefully that will encourage more movement throughout.

any interesting battles over the rockets?

Yeah, I would drop the middle bases and have it floor and 1 top level with the centre piece. Using weapons to get people to go to parts of the map can work well.

A few scuffles with the RL but I think everyone hid in the bases, so it really did not get to come out and play much.

op_ivy

Raide said:
Yeah, I would drop the middle bases and have it floor and 1 top level with the centre piece. Using weapons to get people to go to parts of the map can work well.

A few scuffles with the RL but I think everyone hid in the bases, so it really did not get to come out and play much.

would you mind putting the replay in your file share?

Byzantine (4-16) (Team Slayer)

Hey ForgeGaf, finally finished a map I've had in the oven for 3 months. It's a BTB map built in the coliseum that plays great (Seems to be the general consensus) for 2v2, 4v4, 6v6, and 8v8 (8v8 being the optimal) all with a solid framerate. The name of the game on this map is to stay together and control Grenade Launcher, Concussion Rifle, Sniper Rifle, and Rockets. Though, there are plenty of opportunities to flank the opposite team. There are 2 or more entry and exit points to every location on the map. Some are obvious while some are not. Thats where the learning curve comes in. Knowing your location is all about the different structures that populate each area. Roofs, towers, buildings, Bridges, support beams, rock gardens, stain glass windows, store fronts, and back alleys are all noticeable locals. Hope you guys enjoy!

Pictures:

626be08f.jpg

fe66a10d.jpg

393a328a.jpg

b180e223.jpg

eb7b2b88.jpg

f7a2467a.jpg

f950ea37.jpg

File Share: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileShare.aspx?player=SomeOneInaHat
*Rendered Gameplay Video and Map download inside*

Please forgive for the small pictures. I'm posting this from my iPod.

vhfive

lolz looks like I missed some drama today. oh well. I'll probably be around next week. Any feedback on Reactor is more then welcome as well.

op_ivy

Raide said:

Oppidum.b is up. i tried to take all criticism to heart.

picture 1 - revised bases
5480754577_97848cc36a_b.jpg

picture 2 - revised center platform tunnel and base to base sight line
5480754733_39f1941ffc_b.jpg

fixes:
- lowered "3 story" base down a floor. the top floor, 2F, is now flush with the large 2F center platform. base to center platform bridge is now flat. (see picture 1)
- revised ramps from 1F to 2F at bases. (see picture 1)
- moved needlers from base 3F to sides.
- moved DMR from sides to 2F bases.
- changed rocket respawn from 90 to 120 and clip size from 0 to 1.
- added ramps to the 2F tunnel section for an elevation change to decrease base to base sight lines. (see picture 2)

i would imagine that now, the center platform's 3rd level will be the sought after ground, but it is open to fire from all sides and hopefully will promote movement to all areas of the map now.

If anybody has a saved film of Aquamatic or Fusion, and any comments I'd love them! Also, sorry I couldn't be there today, had to deal with some family stuff :\

Raide

op_ivy said:
Oppidum.b is up. i tried to take all criticism to heart.

Looks good. I will download shortly and have a quick run around.

Edit 2: Now this feels like a different map. The middle section I would lower to get rid of those really steep ramps. As a key spot of the map, it is good to give people the chance to defend it. Will be interesting to try out CTF and other objectives on it.

timetokill said:
If anybody has a saved film of Aquamatic or Fusion, and any comments I'd love them! Also, sorry I couldn't be there today, had to deal with some family stuff :\

I think I might have Aquamatic. I will upload to my FS shortly. I will post up some feedback for you too.

Edit: Here!

I actually enjoyed the map. It does seem most of the action happens at the back of the base, which makes the nice looking bridge seem a little redundant. I might be tempted to shift the RL to the next platform up and scrap that front end but thats just me. :D

Overall a really good map but we need to test it on some objective stuff to see how it works.

op_ivy

Raide said:
Looks good. I will download shortly and have a quick run around.

Edit 2: Now this feels like a different map. The middle section I would lower to get rid of those really steep ramps. As a key spot of the map, it is good to give people the chance to defend it. Will be interesting to try out CTF and other objectives on it.

thanks for the suggestions. i actually think the 3F of the center platform will be harder to defend if its lowered, but i think that will lead to better gameplay too. also, i hate the steep ramps and try not to use them.

revised again, now with a lower center platform, regular 2x2 ramps, added back health packs to the bases, and moved dmrs and neerfles a bit.

Oppidum.3

Raide

op_ivy said:
thanks for the suggestions. i actually think the 3F of the center platform will be harder to defend if its lowered, but i think that will lead to better gameplay too. also, i hate the steep ramps and try not to use them.

revised again, now with a lower center platform, regular 2x2 ramps, added back health packs to the bases, and moved dmrs and neerfles a bit.

Oppidum.3

I will download and let you know what I think. :D

MrBig

SomeOneInaHat said:
Byzantine (4-16) (Team Slayer)

Hey ForgeGaf, finally finished a map I've had in the oven for 3 months. It's a BTB map built in the coliseum that plays great (Seems to be the general consensus) for 2v2, 4v4, 6v6, and 8v8 (8v8 being the optimal) all with a solid framerate. The name of the game on this map is to stay together and control Grenade Launcher, Concussion Rifle, Sniper Rifle, and Rockets. Though, there are plenty of opportunities to flank the opposite team. There are 2 or more entry and exit points to every location on the map. Some are obvious while some are not. Thats where the learning curve comes in. Knowing your location is all about the different structures that populate each area. Roofs, towers, buildings, Bridges, support beams, rock gardens, stain glass windows, store fronts, and back alleys are all noticeable locals. Hope you guys enjoy!
Looks nice and compact. Can't wait to give it a try

Raide said:
I think I might have Aquamatic. I will upload to my FS shortly. I will post up some feedback for you too.

Edit: Here!

I actually enjoyed the map. It does seem most of the action happens at the back of the base, which makes the nice looking bridge seem a little redundant. I might be tempted to shift the RL to the next platform up and scrap that front end but thats just me. :D

Overall a really good map but we need to test it on some objective stuff to see how it works.

Thanks for the film! I just watched it about 10 times :p It was sort of weird, at the beginning of the match it was 2v2, then the other 4 showed up. Kinda bizarre.

Anyway, yeah, the action definitely gravitated towards the back areas. In the back upper hallway I originally had a divider wall that prevented passage through there. I do wonder what adding that back in would do to the map.

I think what would also help even things out a little is to add a few more spawns to the bridge area of the map. All of that said, having hot spots on the map isn't necessarily a bad thing :)

As Kwatz noted, though, I will definitely get rid of the "monster closets." But otherwise it seemed to play pretty well! I'm glad it was a close match.

And Kwatz, thanks for trying to break the map by jumping on the rooftops :p Hopefully the boundaries were to your liking!

GhaleonEB

The new Community Slayer playlist is up, with the first selections from the Community Cartographers, and it features not one, but two ForgeGAF maps. Way to go, Sikamikanico and squidhands!

Affinity
Core
Crown Of Flies
Kingdom

Aspirocity
Capacitor
Enclosed
Obsidian
Thrust
Historical Site
Mine Site
Treasury​
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/playlists.aspx

I've dabbled with a few other maps in the playlist from the Cartographers group, and they're all excellent. I think we're going to get some gems from this set, and hopefully a few pulled into the general matchmaking.

op_ivy

GhaleonEB said:
The new Community Slayer playlist is up, with the first selections from the Community Cartographers, and it features not one, but two ForgeGAF maps. Way to go, Sikamikanico and squidhands!

Affinity
Core
Crown Of Flies
Kingdom

Aspirocity
Capacitor
Enclosed
Obsidian
Thrust
Historical Site
Mine Site
Treasury​
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/playlists.aspx

I've dabbled with a few other maps in the playlist from the Cartographers group, and they're all excellent. I think we're going to get some gems from this set, and hopefully a few pulled into the general matchmaking.

congrats guys! both GAF maps are among the very best (if not THE best) i've seen from the community slayer playlist

Top Bottom