• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

SolidEyeSystem said:
The gaiety derived from your gamertag exceeded my self-control tolerances, good sir! You are to be applauded for your efforts!

Haha WTF I saw this in some other thread? What is this new thing you speak of?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
xxjuicesxx said:
Haha WTF I saw this in some other thread? What is this new thing you speak of?

:lol

Shogun pissed off Evilore and made him remove smilies from GAF. That new expression is Evilore's suggested replacement.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dani said:

Shogun pissed off Evilore and made him remove smilies from GAF. That new expression is Evilore's suggested replacement.

33uenfc_th.jpg

Dani said:

Ha I get it.

N screw those smileys anyways. Myself included, half the time they were only being used to be condescending amongst posters.

Magni

FUCK 99% of Halo players. Fuck 'em. First rage quit in Halo Reach, screw you fucking British randoms in MLG with their mikes plugged in who won't speak a word of English in a Sanc' Flag game.

What the fuck is the point of Psych Profile? Fuck this shit. (Yes, that's a lot of fucks, but at least you get the point. FUCK. THIS. SHIT.)

/rant

In other words, anyone want to do some MLG? GT: SAE Magni. All I ask is that you don't rush stupidly and aren't mute. I'm not a pro, I just don't want to feel like I'm playing Call of Duty.

Alienshogun said:
To be fair Evillore went a bit overboard, and I doubt my specific post was the reason for the removal, he just doesn't like how they are used period.

Still, it's funny as hell. Especially OT going nuts about it.
Something in my mind wants to see what happens if you post your address.

squidhands said:
*checks bnet messages*

Crap.
Don't cry little boy. Your map will be always played by us if you want it

Edit.: I really want to play this game again, but I've to much stuff to do. I do not know if I can play tomorrow. :/ But I'm still in love with this game <3

Btw, Have you already played Zayne's amazing custom firefight mode for the custom weekly?
And I still need a new Firefight creation for the next weekly! Send me a pm if you're a mad scientist or a person, who loves to create Firefight gametypes!

squidhands said:
Holdout has two turrets; one right in the middle of the map (I've actually seen Grunts and Elites use it on me), and another one off to the right where the trees are. The one on Courtyard is near the ramp that goes down to the outer door where you grab the Target Locater in the campaign. It's actually pointed towards that door, so you pretty much have to rip it off to use it. And there's three of them on Glacier, so you should be able to put a big dent in that commendation.

I highly recommend grabbing the Ghost on Beachhead and doing some Sunday Driving. It's one of my favorite things to do in Firefight.

I believe the grenade launcher works for the commendation, but I'm not terribly certain. It would be really stupid if it didn't.

Yeah, I'll have to run around those maps and check them out. I didn't even notice the third turret on Glacier, I figured there was one but didn't find it. I'll remedy that. No wonder I didn't find the one on Courtyard ha I pretty much have my set spots on where I somewhat camp in score attack so it's not too surprising I missed some of these. Thanks. Forgot about the ghost at beach. How long do you last in a gruntpoc match before getting naded? As others have said, the nade launcher only counts towards heavy weapons kills, not grenades.

GhaleonEB said:
What's funny is I've been tracking Challenge payouts - thinking of writing an article about Challenges - and the average payout had gone up for each month. But they just cratered in January, with this week's Weekly (2500 cR) and very low Daily payouts. The per-instance reward dropped a lot as well. It's almost as if the payout cycle reset.

Nope, that's right.

Yeah, I was pretty pleased with how the credits were started to be distributed. I really like last Sunday? I think it was that had 9k worth of dailies. Then we hit rock bottom. I too felt they were starting to learn and increase the pattern of rewards but it does indeed look as though things were reset :(

Edit: I should clarify that I don't mean rock bottom for the total credits from dailies, but rather the cost/reward of earning them.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Alienshogun said:

Shogun BEEN taking heat in the OT. Dunno why people make it personal, but I miss the smilies. They sucked ass, but they grew on me as a part of GAF.

Look what you've done, etc.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
enzo_gt said:

Shogun BEEN taking heat in the OT. Dunno why people make it personal, but I miss the smilies. They sucked ass, but they grew on me as a part of GAF.

Look what you've done, etc.

They are still going on? Where? In the original thread the cries for my head stopped relatively quick.

If anything it's simply Evillore overreacting.

NPD Threads are chuck full of people who can and will turn on one of your posts for stupid 'gaming side personal reasons' (bias), no matter how logical or inoffensive it is in reality.

Less stress in my life, Yes Please.

BTW, Shogun, you playing BC2 on 360 recently, amirite?

Alienshogun said:
They are still going on? Where? In the original thread the cries for my head stopped relatively quick.

If anything it's simply Evillore overreacting.

I think I saw the odd post here and there calling you an idiot, but I havent seen anything too hateful.

Dont worry, if anything happens you can always armour lock.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Cuban Legend said:
NPD Threads are chuck full of people who can and will turn on one of your posts for stupid 'gaming side personal reasons' (bias), no matter how logical or inoffensive it is in reality.

Less stress in my life, Yes Please.

BTW, Shogun, you playing BC2 on 360 recently, amirite?

Oh, I know. NPDs are just as bad as the OT forum typically is with political/religious shit. The single biggest drawbacks of NeoGAF, besides Dax. :lol

Yeah, I play with "The Dead Prez" it's a group of guys 30+ in age. We play just about everything. Recently I've been playing Gears 2, if you wanna play BFBC2 and I'm on just hit me up.

bobs99 ... said:
I think I saw the odd post here and there calling you an idiot, but I havent seen anything too hateful.

Dont worry, if anything happens you can always armour lock.

No I can't I went all MLG and Slayer pro, I'm DOOMED!

Wouldn't be the first time I've been called an idiot, won't be the last either. Not that they are always wrong.

33uenfc.jpg

I was asking what platform you played on because I think you should get in on the PC version of BC2 son.

Dani, Sai_Kun and even Diabolical Bagel have played with me and the various PC Master Race bros as we meetup on the GAF Mumble Server usually every night.

ShinAmano said:
The nade launcher I believe counts for 'Get Loud' not 'Pull the Pin'. I could be wrong though.
A grenade launcher that doesn't count for grenade kills. Yeah, that's stupid.

Hypertrooper said:
Don't cry little boy. Your map will be always played by us if you want it
Fingers crossed that it can still see the light of day in Matchmaking, even in a temporary playlist. I'd love to hear feedback on a grand scale like that.

Squall ASF said:
Yeah, I'll have to run around those maps and check them out. I didn't even notice the third turret on Glacier, I figured there was one but didn't find it. I'll remedy that. No wonder I didn't find the one on Courtyard ha I pretty much have my set spots on where I somewhat camp in score attack so it's not too surprising I missed some of these. Thanks. Forgot about the ghost at beach. How long do you last in a gruntpoc match before getting naded? As others have said, the nade launcher only counts towards heavy weapons kills, not grenades.
Highest record for me was 55 splatters before getting assploded. I have yet to come close to that.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Cuban Legend said:
I was asking what platform you played on because I think you should get in on the PC version of BC2 son.

Dani, Sai_Kun and even Diabolical Bagel have played with me and the various PC Master Race bros as we meetup on the GAF Mumble Server usually every night.

I have it on PC and 360, but Vietnam only for 360.

Sill4

Cuban Legend said:

no wai, 360 for lyfe.

360 gaf, taking light tanks to the top of Laguna Presa and raining death below -insert smiley face-

MIMIC

Banned
I just got the "Destroy a vehicle in armor lock" achievement....without being in armor lock AND without destroying a vehicle
01laugh.gif

I was going for this particular achievement so I DID have armor lock selected. I activated it, came out of it, and got assassinated. Some idiot from the other team came along while I was being assassinated, smashed us both with the hammer (killing me and his teammate) and BAM. Achievement unlocked. wtf

There aren't even any vehicles on the map we played.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MIMIC said:
I just got the "Destroy a vehicle in armor lock" achievement....without being in armor lock AND without destroying a vehicle
01laugh.gif

I was going for this particular achievement so I DID have armor lock selected. I activated it, came out of it, and got assassinated. Some idiot from the other team came along while I was being assassinated, smashed us both with the hammer (killing me and his teammate) and BAM. Achievement unlocked. wtf

Render it.

GhaleonEB

MIMIC said:
01laugh.gif

Reminds me, I need to get that one. Might work on it tonight just to get it out of the way.

My favorite unlock was the one for completing The Package on Legendary with the Scorpion intact. I did so the first time through, and it didn't unlock. On my second attempt, the achievement unlocked just as the Scorpion exploded and I died.

MIMIC

Banned
Apparently, this happens a lot with hammers. I just looked here and some other players got the achievement when a hammer was involved:

-got this one on powerhouse by armor locking when being hit with the hammer. don't know why it happened but it did

-I also got this without a vehicle kill. Got hit with a hammer on one of the community maps, locked, popped out, boom achievement.

I don't have Bungie Pro so I can't render it, but I uploaded the particular clip to my Fileshare: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=12574157&player=MIMIC880

My favorite unlock was the one for completing The Package on Legendary with the Scorpion intact. I did so the first time through, and it didn't unlock. On my second attempt, the achievement unlocked just as the Scorpion exploded and I died.

I think that happened to me, too.
01laugh.gif

"GOD DAMM....oh wait. Nevermind"

Kuroyume said:
Could someone on here post the challanges when they go up? Couple of the guys on here stopped doing that for some reaosn.
Might have something to do with most of the challenges this week being so awful.

Looking forward to the ForgeTacular winners, the BTB and invasion ones looked especially cool.

Surprised to see Enclosed take the top spot for Arena, People never seem to vote for it on the playlist.

Pete Rock

Joeski does good work for sure, it's definitely been around for a while, give it a run in customs sometime.

I'm a little more interested in seeing how these are folded into matchmaking, particularly the race winner which can't be rolled into Rumble Pit given the current circumstances.

Any word on what's next in terms of the submission process going forward? I thought they had some fancy map crunching tools in the works, but I must be mistaken, and there's no analogous group to replace Atlas.

Hey You

Pete Rock said:
Any word on what's next in terms of the submission process going forward? I thought they had some fancy map crunching tools in the works, but I must be mistaken, and there's no analogous group to replace Atlas.
Isn't that was urk was talking about? Community Cartographers? I know some Gaf members are in the group.

It seems that you will have to join/be apart of their communities to even get a chance at your map being in MM.

Better start joining a bunch of websites and kissing some asses :p

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Hey You said:
Isn't that was urk was talking about? Community Cartographers? I know some Gaf members are in the group.

It seems that you will have to join/be apart of their communities to even get a chance at your map being in MM.

Better start joining a bunch of websites and kissing some asses :p

If there are gaffers in the group, and you are posting on the gaf, then...you know what, never mind.

xxjuicesxx said:
"I have been informed that there is a disease, and that it would greatly benefit you to catch it."

Que?

Isnt that how RVB advertise Grifball? "Catch the disease" - I think thats what the BWU is referring to.

I also thought it was rude of Bungie wanting us to all get ill :p

I was never really a fan of Grifball on Halo 3, I actually thought the mechanics were good, but the lag factor ruined it. That and the fact its not really what I play Halo for - that said im sure it will fare better on Reach as connection will play less of a part.

I'll probably play a bunch of Grif. I loved it at the beginning in Halo 3, just was soooo annoying popping up every other dbl exp weekend, it was like they gave up making new interesting gametypes way too early...

yea they had a few good weekends, and then it was always Grifball and Zombies, which are good, but they completely stopped everything else. Barely any more 3 ball, team melee, etc

Top Bottom